I wanted to tell her

Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: I wanted to tell her

Type: Short story

Genre: Romance, Angst

-

 

There's an exhilaration blooming in my chest. And a broad, triumphant smile on my lips and I know I look almost too happy but I can't control my beaming, and I am absolutely bursting to tell Seulgi the news.

I wanted to tell her that my essay was perfect.

That I nailed my History presentation.

That I couldn't wait to take a walk with her in the park like we often do after school.


And oh God, I want to tell her so many things.

I want to feel her warm arms around me, just barely containing my wild excitement.

I want to laugh with relief and feel her lips curve up in a gentle smile against the skin of my neck.

And tell her that I love her.

 

*  *

 

It's these moments when I am absolutely on top of the world that I want to share with Seulgi.

I want to hear her laughing her heart out and tease me and call me a little nerdy bookworm and then kiss me all over so that I am pulled in a thousand directions at once.

I want to absolutely unwind in her arms and hold me so tightly that I'm never afraid of falling apart.

But, oh.

Sometimes I forget that she's gone.


My heart, only moments ago so light and full, grows heavy and my throat closes up.

I am alone in my room when I finally let go.

W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter