A nightmare and a kiss

Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: A nightmare and a kiss

Other title: Kiss my nightmare away

Type: One-shot

Genre: Romance, Fantasy

-

 

Tears escaped from Irene’s eyes, creating trails as it made its way to her pillow.

Her breaths was rapid, and her small hands were clutching the blanket surrounding her.

A scream, inaudible to most slipped from her lips as she was drowned deeper into her nightmare.

Run. The command that her mind was screaming seemed to be her only option at this point.

Irene shakily got to her feet, taking a glance behind her with fear glazed eyes before turning and running through the eerie forest.

Her tired feet moving clumsily beneath her, and the faint sound of pounding footsteps could be heard from the back. She swallowed a scream, forcing her legs to move faster.


Suddenly, a sharp pain strike through her toes and the world blurred as the ground rose up to meet her body.

A cry of pain escaped when the hard ground and her body collided. The sound of the thud echoed through the otherwise empty forest.

Her ears strained to hear the other pair of footsteps, but none could be heard.

Irene slowly sat up, ignoring the horrible pain that shot through her body with every movement as she glanced behind her.

From the ground behind her was her throbbing foot, a rock protruded.

The faint feeling of liquid seeped through her sock: blood.

Swallowing another cry of pain, she dragged her foot closer to her body, blood staining the thin white material of her shoes and coating her hands.

Heavy breathing sounded from above, filling her ears and causing each muscle to tense with fear.

Irene lifted her head, trembling eyes meeting a pair of bloody red ones.

A Vampire.

The eyes didn’t stay on hers for long though. Soon they were moving down her petite figure until they came to stop on her bloody foot.


Get up. Stand up. Run away.

She did so desperately wanted to do so, but there was a disconnect between her mind and her body despite how loud her mind was screaming, Irene’s feet refused to move.

The vampire moved closer until she was standing right in front of Irene, hungry eyes locked on the blood stained shoe. The human girl could only watch, for her body was paralyzed with terror.

There was a slight shift in the vampire’s weight, and then she attacked the defenseless girl, sharp fangs aiming for her neck and . A scream burst from deep within Irene as the vampire’s fangs grazed her skin, drawing blood.

 

* *

 

Irene woke up from her slumber and sat up on the bed, breaths coming out in deep gasps. Fear still pounding in her heart as the images from the nightmare refused to leave her head.

Her hand reached up, clasping the crystal blue necklace that had once belonged to her mother.

A sob built in her chest, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks at the combined thoughts of the nightmare and her mother.


A hand wrapped around her shoulder causing her to startle, and shove the hand away.

“It’s alright, Irene-ah.” She tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter