Because I've always loved you

Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: Because I've always loved you

Other: I love you too, idiot

Type: One-shot

Genre: Fluff, Romance, Gender Bender, Slight Angst

-

 

On the day Son Seungwan planned on proposing to Bae Joohyun, the love of his life and the girl of his dreams, he recieved the worst news ever shattering his heart into thousand pieces. Yet, he remained silent.

He didn't shed a single tear, and he didn't argue with her either.

His childhood best friend and the only girl he ever loved was engaged to someone he has never met.

She was getting married in three months and worse than that, the wedding ceremony was going to be held in his birthday.

Was the world being ruthless to him? Or was their love not meant to have a happy ending?

He doesn't have any idea, and he wasn't sure if it mattered.

 

* *

 

“Rimmie-ah...” Joohyun called out as she looked at her reflection at the mirror that stared back at her.

“Hmm?” Yerim hummed in response while adjusting the tiara which was attached to her friend's veil.

“Do you think he's doing fine without me? Do you think he already moved on and found another girl? I've been calling him and texting him but he won't answer. I even went to his house several times to check on him but nobody opens.”

“Who are you talking about, unnie?”

“Don't play dumb on me, Rimmie.” Joohyun scoffed.

“Oh, Son Seungwan, that idiot best friend of ours.” Yerim smiled but it was easily replaced with a sad frown. “He's staying with his grandparents at the moment. I don't know if he moved on already, but he's not doing fine at all.”

“That's awful.” Joohyun's heart clenched as she muttered under her unsteady breath.

“You know what's awful, unnie?” Yerim's voice cracked. “His grandmother called me last week. She told me that he's not eating well and most of his nights are sleepless. He's been like that since the day you told him you're engaged. It's been two months since he's acting like that, can you imagine? Damn, how could he be so careless!”

“No, that doesn't mean he's careless.” The young bride rested her shaky hands atop her friend's shoulders. “That means he still loves me.”

“Do you still love him?”

“I do.”

“Then follow what your heart says.”


Walking down the aisle with her father, she stopped midway feeling sick, and uneasy under the gazes of the huge crowd of people. She doesn't know any of them except for her mother, the groom's parents and her best friend; Yerim.

“Is something the matter?” Her father asked.

She ignored him as she took a few steps forward and dropped the red bouquet on the marble floor.

“I'm awfully sorry ladies and gentlemen, but I won't get married today, at least not to that guy.” She exclaimed with full confidence, no stutters and no nervousness either. “If I want to marry someone, I don't want it for buisness. I want it for love.” Joohyun carried on. “I'd rather marry my one hell of an idiot best friend out there than to spend the rest of my life with a total stranger.”

Surprisingly, the groom wasn't offended because to him, Bae Joohyun was a total stranger too and just like her, he has his own lover out there.

Although they had the chance to get to know each other for an entire two months, they didn't develop any feelings. It didn't lead to something special at all, just a little and a simple friendship.


“What the hell do you think you're doing, Bae Joohyun?” Her father approached her, hissing with rage.

The daughter didn't reply. She looked for Yerim amongst the crowd and when she spotted her, the younger girl was already looking back at her, giving her a mischievous smile as a signal for her to take her sweet escape.

Turning her back to head for her long run, she took a quick glance at the groom. The guy couldn't help but flash her a wide grin which she wasn't even sure if it was a smile or a grin.

Her entire being relaxed because that only meant one thing; he doesn't want to marry her.

“Come back here, you brat child!” She could hear her mother shouting even when she was already halfway out, and yes, Joohyun didn't look back.

 

* *

 

The twenty five year old girl ran as fast as she could, not caring about the strange looks from the people in the streets.

She thought it was crazy running from here to Seungwan's grandparents' house but she shook the thought away. She knows that what she was doing was worth it. With every step, her pulse was quickening and her legs was so close to giving up, but she was staying strong until she reach her destination.

Unexpectedly, the horizon darkened and soon enough the clouds began pouring rain, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter