(1/2) Cold eyes, Warm smile

Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: Cold eyes, Warm smile

Type: Two-shots

Genre: Fantasy, Teen Romance

-

 

- Flashback -

Seven months ago.


It was around twelve midnight when Irene roamed in the mortal world, doing nothing but watching the crowd of mortals walking here and there. It wasn’t an interesting scene to watch, but being there was much better and peaceful than being stuck in her dull homeland. Irene comes from a mysterious, unseen land where imperishable creatures resides. 

Despite the fact that it’s dangerous for them to walk between humans, she never cared about her parents’ endless warnings. It was her fourteenth time going there, and up until now, no one caused her harm or trouble.


Irene kept walking with an absent-mind until she reached a dark alley.

She let out a deep sigh, and a cloud of vapor escaped . It was autumn in the human world, but she won’t forget the fact that no matter what season it is, her body would never absorb the heat nor the warmth of the air and the people.

The alley was awfully dark and quiet, and despite the darkness, Irene managed to see very well since she manipulate multiple abilities such as strong sight, strong sense and hearing, mind reading and healing.

She stopped halfway when her foot bumped into a body lying lifelessly on the ground.

It was a girl around the age of seventeen. Her face couldn’t be seen since she was wearing a hoodie, but Irene could see her cheeks were bruised.


“Are you alright?” Irene kneeled down.

“Please don’t hurt me.” The teenage girl whimpered. Judging from her cracked voice, it was obvious she was beaten to the point of crying.

Irene shook her head as she outstretched her hand. “Don’t worry, I’m here to help you.” But the girl didn’t budge, leaving her in wonder whether she was shy to hold Irene’s hand or she’s generally afraid of strangers.

She extended her other hand, and when the girl didn’t acknowledge it again, Irene helped her stand up without any warning.

The girl didn’t say a thing.

She wasn’t afraid of Irene. 

She trusted her, and she didn’t know why.

 

When they finally stepped out of the suffocating alley, they walked up to a park nearby and sat on a bench.

With slightly trembling hands, Irene cautiously reached out for the mortal girl’s pale face, treating the small wounds on her cheeks.

The girl was warm, and Irene was able to feel and absorb her warmth which was oddly strange. She was cold, she was immortal, and even if immortals’ bodies weren’t that cold, they were never able to feel the heat.


“Um, can you pull down your hoodie?” Irene asked with her usual polite tone.

The girl obeyed, leaving Irene stunned.

Her eyes were deep blue. A pair of icy perfection eyes. Her features, her chestnut hair and her entire being was captivating. 

“I know my eyes are creepy,” The girl muttered shyly, gaze downcast.

“It’s not.” Irene smiled, but the smile wasn’t returned.

“It used

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter