Kissed by stars

Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: Kissed by stars

Type: Short story

Genre: Slice of life

-

 

Kang Seulgi walked through the door, dressed in a black t-shirt and sweatpants. Her long black hair tied in a messy bun while the scowl on her pretty face dared someone to give her a wrong look.

Out of everyone in her group, downed in scarps fabric drenched in sparkles, she commanded attention, not by what she was wearing but by how she didn't care at all.

She'd enter the New Year in a way she could and that was enough for her.


When everyone scattered, faces eager, hungry to find a partner before midnight approached, she stood by herself.

But she wasn't alone though.

Not at all.

Boys and girls, the same crazed expressions dancing viciously on their faces, spilling into their movements crowded her. It didn't matter that it looked as if she had rolled out of bed before arriving, even if that's exactly what she did.

Surrounded by flashing light colors and intricate hair, she was a dark gray blob, summoning the light only to cast it away.

She was anything but dull though, that much was clear.

Who would have the confidence to wear sweatpants in a party? And to scowl so earnestly at the farewell of the past year and the welcoming of a new one?

 

* * *

 

When at last the crowd drifted away to surrender themselves to the soul pounding blast of music and the lure of alcohol, Seulgi made her escape to the building's patio, taking solstice in everything th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter