Nothing can break this tie

Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: Nothing can break this tie

Type: One-shot

Genre: Friendship

-

 

Son Seungwan and I have been the best of friends since the age of nine.

We've been stuck with each other in the same school from elementary until our sophomore year in highschool.

And as a matter of fact, we were supposed to graduate together but poor Seungwan, she was forced by her cousins who's living in Germany to continue her studies there. At first she hesitated but when it comes to her family, she would never turn down their offers especially when those relatives are very close to her as if they are her own sisters more than cousins.


I thought my sadness over her departure wouldn't last long, but I was completely wrong.

It took much longer than I expected.

By the time college came by, she studied one year in Canada while the remaining three years she continued it in the United States.


Now that we've finally finished our education, Seungwan wasn't back yet.

But does that mean we're already separated forever?

Definitely the answer is a big no, because no matter what happened, nothing dared to break our tie.

Even the long wait and the far distance didn't stop us from being best friends. In fact, we became inseparable as ever. Messages, video calls and shipping gifts. Because that's what true friendship is, finding time for them even if we're busy and being there for each other even if we are oceans away.

 

* *

 

“And now, let's bring on the band.”

“Ladies and gentlemen, get ready to be serenaded by the lovely girls from Red Velvet!”

The enthusiastic voice of the coffee shop's owner welcomed me as I entered the place.

My ears perked up at the band's name. Red Velvet? Quite interesting.

I sat on my usual spot which was surprisingly empty as I allowed myself to be serenaded.


“I'm blind-folded on this carriage ride that they call life.

Keep trying to make it through the next turn.
Knuckles white and holding tight.

So here I go, taking the curve.
But I know that I'm never alone.
I think of you, and how you never let me go.


I feel connected, connected.
Protec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter