Forbidden Romance

Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: Forbidden Romance

Type: One-shot

Genre: Angst, Romance, Friendship, Fantasy

Slightly based on (The Shadowhunter Chronicles) book series.

-

 

Mrs Son noticed it.

The sparks in Joohyun’s eyes whenever she looks at Seungwan. 

The shade of redness on her rosy cheeks whenever she hears Seungwan’s laugh. 

And the gentle smile on her lips whenever she catches Seungwan’s mischievous grins. 

The woman noticed all of it, and she was happy about it. She was happy that someone special loves her precious daughter that way. However, it shouldn’t go on. It should stop right away because Joohyun and Seungwan could never be more than friends. 


Joohyun must stop before she gets hurt. 

She must stop before she shatters like a fragile glass.

And before she falls apart.

Bae Joohyun shouldn’t be in love with Son Seungwan at all, because they were Parabatai, and Shadowhunters were never meant to fall in love with their Parabatai. Even if both share the same feelings, they weren’t fated to be together because since the beginning of time, it was already a rule in the Shadowhunter world.

Parabatai always happen to be best friends, and in their world, best friends stay friends or a second family.

 

* *

 

“My sweet blondie,” Mrs Son called out for Joohyun who was busy cooking pasta. “Can I talk to you for a sec?”

“Coming.” Joohyun sing-sang, earning a light chuckle from Seungwan’s mother. 

Once the blonde Shadowhunter stepped into the vast living room, Mrs Son suddenly felt scared, and nervous of talking about that certain topic. Scared that Joohyun might break into pieces, and nervous that she might mess up with her words. 

But she must talk it out whether Joohyun would like it or not.


“Is something the matter, Mrs Son?” Joohyun asked excitedly.

Mrs Son’s heart ached at the youngster’s unawareness of what she was about to hear. Every part of her ached, but she had to be strong dropping the bomb. 

“My sweet, Joohyun…” The head of the institute reached out with a trembling hand.

“What’s wrong?” The youngster gently patted the woman’s shaky hand. 

“I… I do know that you harbor romantic feelings towards my daughter, but…” Mrs Son’s voice trailed off. “You can’t confess to her because the two of you can never be more than that. You will always stay best friends, nothing more, and nothing less.” 

It felt like a slap on her face, and like her soul was pulled by an anchor, sinking in the deepest part of the ocean. 

Seungwan’s mother would never lie at her, but she refused to believe what she heard. Even if Seungwan doesn’t feel the same way, it just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter