A Little Hot in Here

Mail Order Leo

Are you sure?”

“Yeah hang on....”

You took a deep breath and took a quick glance in the mirror to make sure that you didn't have an actual nosebleed, which would be exceedingly embarrassing and you couldn't be sure that you didn't, before whipping open the door and marching out. Leo stumbled back in surprise as you nearly hit him, but you very carefully were not looking anywhere in his direction. It hardly mattered; he was all over you in a second, rushing over to you before you could even register his movement.

“Something is wrong,” he said, and there was a hint of panic in voice that confused you. His hands were across your cheeks and forehead, feeling quickly before returning to his own in comparison. He shook himself as he realized that, being a cyborg, comparing temperatures would work. Utterly flustered he led you over to the bed, forcing you to sit down which reached across you to get a blanket, leaving his well sculpted back only inches away from you. “You have a fever, and--”

“I'm fine!” You squeaked and scrambled back on the bed until there was no more escape and you banged your elbow into the headboard. “It's really nothing, I—”

Too late. Leo was crawling after you, the muscles in his arms rippling as he sauntered over. You tried to remind yourself that he was concerned and caring but all you could see was a predator coming after its prey, prey you were absolutely dying to be. “No no no,” you murmured shakily and scrambled off to the side, grabbing a pillow to hold between the two of you.”

“It...” You trailed off as both of you froze, caught in a game of cat and mouse that he didn't even understand. You closed your eyes and mentally banged your head into a wall for what you were about to admit, cheeks flaming even more at the thought. “It's just a blush, just a blush, you look really hot in that bathing suit.”

You finished in a rush, burying your face into the pillow despite its minimal, or rather nonexistent defense. You expected an immediate laugh, at least a chuckle, but instead you were greeted with silence. As the moments ticked by your curiosity grew, wondering what in the world he was doing on the other side of the bed. Inch by inch you lowered the pillow, finally allowing yourself to peek over the top edge.

Leo's eyes were midnight dark, pupils dilated as he roved over your body with them. You were suddenly aware of your bathing suit, of the minimal fabric, and you weren't even wearing the damned bikini. Your eyes met for hardly a seconds before Leo launched forward and snatched the pillow, sending it flying to the other side of the room and leaving you utterly defenseless. You swallowed hard as Leo reached a hand out to you, fingers touching your cheek in a feather light caress that in no way matched the raging intensity in his eyes.

You were down to the last straw, and you had to use your last mode of defense now before the opportunity was gone forever. You in a breath.

Beach!

Leo froze, blinking rapidly a few times and wiping away the promising-- demanding?-- expression with his usual gentle one, though perhaps a bit more excited. Leo had never been to the beach before, and over the past few days of prep you had learned that you could use that against him.

“Are you ready to go?” You backed away off the bed, trying not to giggle at his sudden tame change. Your heart was still beating a mile a minute but as it slowed you were quick to find a cover up and avoid letting your gaze slide across his body. Leo quickly jumped off the bed and grabbed flipflops, towels, an umbrella, and a beach bag from the floor. You were moving quickly yourself, going to gather your own belongings now that the danger was for now, at least, past, and you didn't notice the way he was hesitant to pick up the bag or how he shuffled through it carefully first.

You pulled on filp flops and headed to the door, Leo following you contentedly with packed arms. You were happy to escape Leo's heat at the moment, but your mind was reeling in thinking about later that night, of what could happen then and the lingerie you had packed. If this was his reaction to seeing you in a bathing suit-- what would he do if seeing you in that? And next time, you had no intention of stopping him.

“Whoa.”

Leo let out a surprised exhale as the two of you went through the outside door and found a picturesque path to the beach waiting for you. Off in the distance you could hear the waves crashing, the sun reflecting off the white sand to be nearly blinding. You grinned at Leo, excited more than ever for your vacation together, and headed off towards the water. You only made it to the edge of the sand before you abandoned your belongings, to be returned for later, and sprinted towards the sea, flying off the sand even as you sank into it and it burned the soles of your feet. Your didn't hesitate a breath at the upcoming cold water, simply kept running with a squeal as it cascaded against your calves and knees before it finally stopping you with a wave that reach mid thighs. You spun around gleefully to find Leo just behind you, the beg carefully deposited by just beyond the reach of the water before he, too, jumped in, though unlike you he went all the way. He reached you and, enamored with the reflecting light in the tops of the waves, stared a few moments before diving under into a rising swell. As he came up he flicked back his black hair, sending droplets of water flying as he opened his mouth for air. Picturesque indeed. Your heart squeezed at the sight of water running in rivets down his bare torso and you wondered how you managed to keep from jumping him on a daily basis.