Beach Going

Mail Order Leo

Leo came back not long after, his entire hiatus lasting only maybe an hour, and he seemed much happier, a little smile constantly pulling at the corners of his lips. Suddenly he was more interested in the trip, asking quiet questions about what to bring and where you would go. You were excited to see him interested, and your attitude immediately improved.

You debated for a long time whether or not to go upstairs and talk to the boys to tell them you were leaving, with N doing who knows what with trying to find his girlfriend, but you decided against it. You would be back in only a few weeks, and while you would like to see them and what names had been chosen, you were rather anxious to go on your escape.

“What are you thinking about?” You were curled up in Leo's arms on the sofa, enjoying the comfort of an evening together. You hadn't realized you were spacing out until Leo started looking for attention.

“Oh, nothing, just the trip.”

“Hmmm.” Leo hummed happily in response to you and you nestled into his the hollow of his arm. “Are you sure that's all?”

“Are you doubting me?” You poked him in the side. “Actually, I was wondering if I should go see N and the others before we leave. Make sure everything is okay, you know?”

Leo stiffened for just a second, but it was enough to make you look up in confusion. “Hey, are you alright? Whats up?”

He cleared his throat. “I don't think going to visit would be a good idea. They're just getting settled, after all, and N is looking for his girlfriend. We shouldn't disturb them.”

...And N kissed me, you added. Of course he didn't want to go see them. You resisted the urge to hit yourself over the head for not making such an obvious connection. Stupid.

“Ah, yeah. So are you ready for tomorrow?”

“Hmmm...” He hummed in response again, and you rolled your eyes in amusement. Typical Leo. You reached for his hand and wrapped yours around it, giving up on the topic. Leo would be Leo.

“I love you,” you murmured, beginning to fall asleep surrounded by his warmth. He put his hand through you hair, caressing it gently.

“Now where did that come from?” He asked, and you poked him again.

“You're supposed to say 'I love you too'”, you complained, but couldn't help but grin.

“That's too predictable,” he murmured, nuzzling into you. “Besides, love isn't good enough for you.”

“You're killing me,” you groan, but your smile only widened. Leo's little chuckle soothed you and you let your eyes droop a little.

“Go to sleep,” was the only thing he offered, petting your head gently. “We have a long day tomorrow.” He kissed your forehead.

 

* * *

 

“Hurry up!” You screeched in excitement as you made your way out of the airport. You're suitcase was bumping along behind you, flipping over every other minute when you went to fast, and Leo was walking swiftly behind you with his own small bag and amused smile. He was seeing you like this for the first time-- utterly gleeful, childlike. You were hardly even aware of him, trying to take in all of the scenery and the hot sun and the far off beach all at the same time.

“The hotel is that way!” Your map was slightly crushed in your hand next to your purse, but since the other was full you had little choice. Small and isolated, especially off-season as it was, you couldn't wait to enjoy the beach together with Leo.

“Don't rush, be careful not to trip--” Leo rushed to your side as you promptly caught your toe in a crack and stumbled, his warning coming a second too late. He wrapped his arms around your waist and stabilized you, though when he did he took your purse and looped it over one arm so you could look better at the map. “I did warn you not to trip.”

“And I didn't take the suggestion. But, thanks for carrying that...”

He smiled, a gentle smile that you couldn't see, a simple expression of his happiness and care.

“Of course.”

And then you were off, heading into the hotel and signing in, wanting to change quickly to head to the beach. You wanted to twist your toes in the sand and hold Leo's hand and forget for a while everything that had happened. You threw open the door to your room and stopped dead, nearly dropping the suitcase on the floor.

It was beautiful. Glass balcony doors were thrown wide and a sweet ocean breeze was sending the sheer curtains into a dance, the queen sized bed made with gentlecolors and the sheets folded back. You're almost frantic, childish excitement melted at the sight, and suddenly you felt you were on vacation, not a trip to the beach, not a weekend off, but a get away with the love of your life. A honeymoon. Emotion caught in your throat, you were lost in your thoughts until Leo put a hand on your shoulder.

“Is everything okay?” He was clearly concerned, which wasn't a surprise given your sudden shift in demeanor and how you were frozen in the doorway. You took one more long look around the room again, settling the image into your memory, before shaking your head and smiling.

“No, everything is fine. It's just gorgeous in here, I wasn't expecting it.”

As you moved inside Leo gave the room his own appraisal, ending with a satisfied nod. “It is. We'll have a nice time here.” He settled the bags and suitcases in a corner out of the way before going out onto the balcony to enjoy the view. You admired the way his tee-shirt stretched across his broad shoulders before following him. It really did suddenly feel like a honeymoon. You went out after him and took his hand in yours while leaning on the railing.

“Do you want to go swimming?” He asked. “We were going to change and go right to the beach.”

“Yeah, let's,” you said, the beating sun seemed to call you to the sand. “I'll change in the bathroom.”

“You don't have to--”

“It's no bother!” You ped the suitcase and took out your bathing suit-- a reserved one piece for now-- before heading to the bathroom and leaving Leo empty handed on the balcony. You didn't even realized what had happened until you were closing the bathroom door and your cheeks became flaming red. You bit your lip as you ripped off the travel clothes, half embarrassed and half loving the fact that Leo acted this way sometimes, a little teasing. A minute later, changed, you knocked on the door.

“I'm coming back out,” you warned, though would he care if you just walked out after inviting you to change together?

“Okay,” Leo called, and you opened the door only a crack before nearly slamming it back closed. He was leaning over the bed, folding his shirt, wearing only his bathing suit trunks. You leaned your head against the door, but the image was frozen in your memory. You couldn't even remember the last time you had seen him like this. Smooth skin and toned muscles, those broad shoulders rippling as he turned towards the sound of the door opening, flashing you his abs and chest and whole god-formed body--

A knock on the door sent you reeling backwards. “Everything okay?”

“Yeah, just a second.”

It sure as hell is not okay.

 


Hello again all! I just wanted to say thanks for a milestone of 275 subscribers! You are all amazing!

And, on a sadder side note, I will be completing Mail Order Leo (for real this time) within the next few chapters; thank you all for being so amazing and supportive, I seriously can't believe how many people bother with this story. Considering it has now surpassed 65k words and I only started in May is amazing. You have all been ridiculously fantastic readers and I appreciate you so much. I'll probably take a short hiatus once this is done, then work more on Diabolical (if any of you are reading that I'm so sorry I'm so slow) and my Drabbles, which all of you should feel free to check out and request if you want. Again, thank you so much for being so great, I hope you continue to enjoy the story to the very end :)

Love you all!