Hold On

Mail Order Leo

"It's been good, can't complain. I get time off soon, so that should be a nice change of pace."

N looked at you with one eyebrow raised, a smirk changing across its features

"Oh, vacation? And is Leo coming with you? Are you going to the beach? You should let me know where you're going." And wiggled and eyebrow at you, and you couldn't help but contain a snort of laughter. You didn't do a very good job.

"N, I am not inviting you."

"Aww, but it would be such a good time," N whined at you. You let go and laughed at his expression, feeling yourself ease.

"You made out with my boyfriend, I'm hardly going to bring you with us."

N let out a good-natured laugh. "You make out with him all the time, it's only fair to share."

You dropped your jaw in mock shock as you came up to the door of the convenience store. "He isn't an item anymore than you are, N, I'm not sharing him with anyone!"

It was partially a joke, but you still were happy to get to state how you felt. N's face suddenly fell, staring at you and grabbing your arm to stop you as the glass doors opened in front of you. His voice came out as barely a whisper.

"Are you sure?"

"Hey." Your gaze to N and the suddenly sharp atmosphere were shattered by Leo's approach, as he called out to you from where he was behind a convenience store shelf. He was watching you and and interact with narrowed eyes, looking back-and-forth between you and N as if he was trying to figure out some secret. As N let go of you and took a step forward, you quickly try to mouth to him the situation. Frantically, you tried to convey that he had come from work with you, but Leo just gave you a minuscule shake of his head, not understanding. You held back a groan as N went over to him, then shifted yourself into gear, realizing that you didn't want him anywhere near your boyfriend.

"Hey," N said as he approached Leo with a grin. Already, he was being more friendly than you had wanted him to be. The joking atmosphere that you had just worked so hard to create between the two of you was gone in a flash of jealousy. This time, you didn't hold back, and let out a little huff.

Leo looked N over, and for a moment you wondered if he would actually respond to his greeting. Much to your surprise, he did, the harsh expression on his face easing.

"Hello."

N looked ecstatic, looking over to you and throwing you a happy wink. You rolled your eyes. He had to know that this wouldn't go anywhere. Before he could respond, even, Leo was pushing past him towards you. He didn't have another chance to get a word in edgewise. Instead, Leo continued, providing the excuse you had been looking for.

"Excuse us, but we will be going now." Leo reached over and held out his hand to you, fingers spread and waiting for your's intertwine with his. He gave you a soft smile that you happily returned, even though he was ignoring N completely.

N huffed, relaxed; was all he wanted the view? You didn't expect N to be like that, but really you hardly knew the man. And with a view like Leo you could hardly blame him.

You sent him a quick smile, showing that you didn't meant it personally, took Leo's hand in yours and set off. “We have reservations, so we'll be going!” He waved in response as you disappeared through the glass doors, shoulders drooping as you heard them slid closed behind you. You squeezed Leo's hand.

“So,” he finally said, voice almost too soft to hear, “Am I correct to assume that we don't, actually, have reservations?”

You leaned your head on his shoulder with a plop. “Correct. No reservations. I had planned on getting something there, but...” You sighed. “Not going to happen.”

Leo chuckled lightly. “Did he came all the way from work with you? He's awful dedicated all of the sudden...” He trailed off, thinking. “Why was he there anyway?”

You shrugged. “I'm not really sure, something about having friends there?” You furrowed your brow as you tried to figure it out. Why was he there? “If you want to ask him, I--” Leo cut you off by shaking his head.

“Unimportant. How are your hands, though? Do they hurt? What about your legs?” He lifted up your linked hands as he spoke, leaving a kiss on the tip of a bandaged finger when he finished. You fizzled in a blush as he looked at you with eyes that were far too serious for such an action.

“They're... fine...” you stumbled, struggling to organize your thoughts. “But seriously, don't do that kind of stuff. Especially not in public!” You looked around a bit furtively; how many people just watched your face turn beet red in a matter of seconds.

“But,” Leo protested, smiling affectionately, “I want too.”

“But it's not fair!” You huffed, distracted from everything by the hoard of butterflied unleashed in your gut. How could he not know what he was doing to you? Annoyed and mischievous, you lifted your hands again once he lowered them, not giving him the chance to respond. You placed your lips on the back of his hand, softly, just enough to let him feel the brush of his lips; he froze in his place immediately, feet rooted to the spot, and you looked up at him from underneath your lashes without moving. A second later you pulled his hand away, the grip of his fingers around your tight enough for you to feel the pressure.

Leo was watching you, a blush coloring his cheeks the likes of which you had never seen on him, his mouth slightly open in shock. He didn't waste a second; before you could regret what you did he was on you, pushing you up against a nearby brick wall and slamming his lips against yours in utter desperation. The hand holding your was raised above your head, his free one running across your neck until it found placement on your jaw with a finger tangled in your hair. His knee pushed between your legs, letting him even closer to you, and your other lonely hand made its way to his chest, unconsciously gripping his shirt.

“Ehem...”

You jumped apart like your clothes were set on fire when an elderly passerby cleared his throat in your direction. You gave a little cough, but grinned regardless.

 


Again, quick apology for the format. I've also discovered that I do my best writing when a y Leo is invovled. Who knew? Thanks for all your support guys, hope you enjoyed!