Bad Idea

Mail Order Leo

He froze, trying to figure out what you were talking about. He looked at you in confusion for a few moments as the light faded from his eyes and he came back to his normal self. He seemed a bit taken aback by your request.

"What… Do you want me to do?" He spoke softly, but didn't move from his location above you. Trying to gather yourself, you pushed the chair back a few inches.

"A-actually," you began, trying to figure out what indeed you wanted to say, "I forgot something at the store yesterday. I was wondering if you could go pick it up for me."

He pulled away from you, and you let out of breath you hadn't even realize you were holding in. "Sure," he responded, but he seemed a bit confused as to why you were asking this at this precise moment. Clearly he wanted to continue where you had left off. You tried to ignore the fact that you kind of wanted to as well. "What did you need? You don't want to come?"

He seemed confused, and you didn't blame him. The story wasn't completely flushed out, even in your own mind. "I'm expecting a call from work," you fumbled. "I want to make sure I can receive it without a problem. And besides, this is a good chance for you to go on your own." And a good chance for you to run up to apartment 630. "I need cream of chicken noodle soup, I wanted to make beef stroganoff but I didn't have the ingredients. I forgot to pick them up yesterday."

Now back to his usual calm self, Leo strength nonchalantly. Apparently, the story was good enough for him, at least.

You turn towards your breakfast then, satisfied with how things are going to go. You had a little time before earlier would leave, and then you would go yourself. N wasn't expecting you so you hoped he would be there, but then again, a large part of you prayed that he wasn't. It would be a fight, you decided, even though you didn't want it to be.

After you finished eating, Leo begin to prepare to leave. "I shouldn't be too long," he said, checking his wallet to make sure he had everything he needed, and putting his phone his other pocket. We watched him with the bit of nostalgia, remembering when you had gone together to get them.

"I might go take a walk, since it's such a nice day," you said, giving yourself some buffer time in case he came back early. "But I shouldn't be too long." You inspected him, making sure he has everything he would need. If you thought about it, this might be the first time that he had gone off completely alone. While you trust in him, you still worried. You couldn't help but think back to the first day, when he had followed you to the store wearing almost nothing. A little smile playing across your lips.

"And I'll have my phone," you continued, letting your worry get the best of you. "Call me if you need me."

"I'll be just fine," he said, smiling a little at you. Then, before you to respond, he leaned down and pecked you on the lips. "But I expect full payment when I get back," he said, joking again about earlier. You stood up on your toes and deepened the kiss.

"Maybe," you teased, knowing that sooner than later you'd give in to him. With that, though, he was off, and you were standing in an empty doorway.

You try to ignore the sudden onslaught of loneliness, instead of running around to gather your own belongings. In five more minutes, you would be going upstairs to see N.

You set your phone volume to high, wanting to be able to hear if Leo needed you, and watched the clock until five minutes had passed. Then, quietly, as though you were about to get caught doing something you shouldn't be, you pulled open your front door. Leo was long gone, no longer in sight even down the road. You took it as a good sign, and headed out of the apartment, locking the door behind you.

You had never been to N's apartment, being that it was in the same complex as yours, it couldn't be hard to find. Clutching your purse, you made your way to the end of the hallway where the elevators were. Once inside, you pressed the button six, and begin your anxious ride upwards. Would he even answer your questions? You had no way of knowing, but the small pains in your gut told you that you need to do this. And besides, maybe he would be more vocal once Leo wasn't there. All too soon the elevator dinged and let you out on the seemingly deserted top floor. Anxiety growing in your stomach, you meandered down the hallway towards his apartment. 601, 602. You tried to get your thoughts in order. What would you ask?

You got to his door and paused, unwilling to ring the bell. You took another minute to convince yourself you were doing the right thing; and besides, Leo would be back soon, and you wanted to be home in time to greet him. You were debating between ringing the bell and knocking when the door suddenly opened.

“Just how long are you going to stand outside my door?” N said and he leaned in the door frame and raised an eyebrow, and you almost sprinted for the elevator. Besides the fact that N had just startled you to hell, he also lacked a freakin' shirt, which was not something you could handle. He was slimmer than Leo, less broad and less muscular, but absolutely fine regardless. He must have noticed your expression, because he shed one of his signature happy, amused smiles on you and grabbed your upper arm to drag you into his lair. , you thought, what the hell have I done?! The door closed behind you, along with any promise of a quick and easy escape. You had come for answers, and apparently you were going to get them whether you liked it or not.

 


.... Guys I'm getting second lead syndrome for MY OWN SECOND LEAD this is terrifying XD  I hope you all continue to enjoy the story, thank you for your continued support, I really appreciate it! (also, I'm so sorry for the typos!)