Rainstorm

Mail Order Leo

Your breath left you in a sharp exhale as you searched his face in surprise. He was staring right through you, burning with intensity. You thought it was a silly request; how in the world could you focus on anything other than him?

“S-sure,” you answered, though he didn't seem soothed by your response. He continued to look at you as though were something foreign and priceless that he had never gotten to see before.

“Next question.” He still hadn't let go of you or looked away. The intensity, if anything, had heightened. “Tell me about your previous lovers.”

You flicked your head to the side, breaking his gaze. Your eyes widened. You knew the question was going to come up eventually; how couldn't it? How the hell did you respond to it?

Before you could think of a proper response, a huge clap of thunder shook through the air. You jumped from your seat, Leo's hand falling away, A child somewhere on the main path screamed in fright and began to cry as lightning split the sky. You looked up: the sky just above you was clear still, the sun still shining, but coming in were dark growing clouds. If it wasn't raining yet, it was going to soon. You had no idea if you were going to make it back before it started.

Leo's question was the last thing on your mind as you swung back to face him, a new panic in mind. “Are you okay in the rain?!” If you had had a conversation about it before you didn't remember; you tried to think back to when you had read the manual book but you couldn't recall it clearly. You were already on your feet, grabbing at Leo's wrist to pull him with you. The park wasn't far from your apartment, only a mile or so, but a mile in the rain was a hell of a lot longer. You heard the thunder again, louder now, and refused to look up to see the encroaching clouds. “You're a cy-cyborg, so I don't know if the rain--”

“No, it's totally fine,” he said, pulling against your desperate grip to slow you down. “Be careful, you don't want to trip and hurt yourself.”

Your heart was thudding, first from panic and fear for Leo and now with self consciousness at his attention. He gave you a gentle smile. “Though let's be quick still,” he continued, “because I worry about you getting caught out in the weather.”

You gave him a little nod. The hand that you had so tightly on his wrist you let slide downward into his hand. He wound his fingers through yours, and you nearly stopped moving to admire the sensation until a strike of lightning, so bright it nearly blinded you, flashed through the sky. It was followed so closely behind that you knew the storm was right over your head; the sun was disappearing and leaving you in darkness.

You fled the park, hand in hand, with all of the other visitors; the only difference was that you had a huge grin across your face.

Of course it was impossible to outrun the rain; it came steadily, a heavy downpour that caught you in it about halfway home. The grin didn't leave your face, not even once. Your dress was soaked through and heavy in a matter of minutes; Leo's clothes were plastered to his body, though he seemed to be having as good a time as you were. His hair was slick across his forehead, nearly in his eyes and dripping every few moments. You giggled at it unconsciously and reached up to swipe it to the side.

The few people left on the streets were running for cover, trying to get under the occasional awning or eave, however you were perfectly content with being rained on and holding Leo's hand. It was a warm rain anyway, the type that came in the summer and did almost nothing to cool down the air. You were being chased by the thunder and lightning, but that only made it more exciting.

“Oh!” you said, pointing down the road. “There is our complex!” You were constantly wiping your hair off of where it was getting stuck on your face, from rain.

“Wait a minute,” Leo said, gently tugging on your hand to get you to stop. You turned back to him, becoming a little more serious.

“What is it?” The streets were now completely desolate; it was raining harder, and it was making it difficult for you to look up enough to match his gaze. His expression was soft, happy, and it made you smile again. You turned back towards the apartment.

“If it's nothing important, we can talk about it insi--”

You were cut off as Leo pulled you back towards him, a little harder this time, just hard enough so that he could send you flying into his chest. You let go of his hand to catch yourself, though the only thing there was his sturdy shoulders; you were flush against him, almost stuck there because of the water. His arms wound around your waist, and you realized that you were int his position by his own intention.

Before you could push away-- though, deep down you knew that you never would have done that-- he had his lips against yours, kissing you gently bu forcefully, enough power to let you know that he had no intention of letting you go.

“I don't know if you've ever kissed your past boyfriend in the rain,” he said, voice deep and low, “but he most certainly never kissed you in a storm like this.” And then he kissed you again, the chaste kiss disappearing into the frantic movement of his lips and the way you never wanted them to stop. Despite the rain you felt your body growing warm, and the realization sent a blush straight to your face. You broke the kiss, gasping for air, only to see Leo looking down at you contentedly.

“Well,” you said, turning back towards the apartment. The rain was beginning to lighten. “I think that's quite enough of that.”

 


Hello all! The poll has been removed since it seems like you all want Mail Order Leo to continue! I'll do my best to give you something entertaining and do it in a timely manner, so I hope you enjoy! As usual, comments are always always appreciated. Thanks guys!