Coffee Date

Mail Order Leo

“Did you taste it yet?” You asked as you took another sip of your own cool drink. He was looking at the cup as if it held the key to immortality. Well. Maybe for Leo it would be the key to humanity.

“No, it’s still too hot,” he said, blowing gently on the steam. He was a little jittery, excited in a way you had never expected to see from him. But damn was it cute. The smile on your face just kept spreading and spreading until you though it would split. Something in your chest warmed at the sight of Leo’s happiness, even if it was over something as simple as this. You were beginning to wonder if you could do anything more for him, anything better. He was so sweet and kind, he deserved it.

After blowing on the coffee for a few more minutes, he took a sip of it excitedly. From the glowing look on his face, you would have figured he would grow wings and fly away. “This…” He breathed, pausing to take another sip, “is amazing.”

You laughed. “You’re like a little coffee Prince,” you joked, “or a latte fairy.”

“I don’t mind that at all,” he said, this time taking a bigger gulp as the liquid cooled. “Can I get another one before we go?” You didn’t know if Leo had a child, but he would have been something like this. You smiled to be able to give him something in return for his love, even if it was just coffee.

“Sure,” you responded. “You know, you can even use that money in your wallet to come and get it on your own during the day. Oh!” You said in surprise, turning to go through your purse. “I have one last thing for you.” You plucked the item and held it out to Leo.

He went still, the glitter over the coffee disappearing into a more serious expression. He reached out with reverence, taking the small item with two hands as though it were delicate.

“I figured,” you said, watching him turn the small key over in his fingers, “that if you have a phone and a wallet, you might need a key too. My apartment… Well, now it’s our apartment.”

He looked up at you, placing the key on the table. He stood sharply, the chair sliding back with a screech to accommodate Leo’s moment.

“Leo?!” You exclaimed, surprised at the outburst, but your words were cut off as he leaned across the small table and, with one hand caressing the curves of your cheek, pressed him lip to yours. Any further words were cut off by the softness of his lips, the gentle insistence with which he tried to convey his emotions. Looking for air, you pulled away. Leo was still leaned across the table, face only inches from yours, and his dark warm eyes were boring into yours, watching you… Along with every other person in the small coffee shop.

You blushed a startling red and took a large gulp of your drink, as if the cool liquid would quell the flames in your cheeks. Leo sat down, pulling his seat back to him, the dramatic moment over. He lifted the keys carefully and slid them into his pocket.

“I won’t lose them.” He stated surely. A small smile broke across his lips. “I’ll treasure them.”

That wasn’t helping the blush go away. The keys meant a lot more than either of you said but both of you clearly knew it; to see him treating them as something so valuable made you happy.

“They’re just keys,” you said, contrary to how you felt. “I can always get a replacement set.”

“I don’t want a replacement,” he said, shedding a smile on you that seemed to glow. “I want these.”

“God you’re killing me,” you mumbled, taking another drink of the now nearly empty coffee to hide. He chuckled a little.

“Even so, I’m glad you seem to be feeling better.” The gentle expression was a sincere one, it seemed, and you realized that you were feeling a bit better. The throbbing headache had receded, the dizziness subsiding.

“I am, actually,” you said, a bit surprised. “It must have been because I spent the day with you.”

You laid it on thick which a matching smile, expecting a small grimace at least, but Leo hastily took a sip of his drink– something you, too, had done only moments before to hide.

The ironic smile you wore softened into a true one, the cute, bashful Leo warming you’re heart.

“Are you ready to go soon?” You asked after a few minutes of silence. Your cup was empty, Leo’s close in following, and you wanted to get home before it was too late. The grocery store would take another hour at least, especially if you were going to spend a great deal of time getting distracted. Which was a possibility.

“Yeah,” he responded, finishing his coffee in one quick gulp. Courteously taking and disposing of your cup and his, he came back and waiting by the table as you pulled yourself out of your seat and found your bag.

“Oh,” you began, realizing, “do you want another coffee?”

He blushed, mouth opening and closing on silent, embarrassed words. Clearly, the things done in the face of coffee couldn’t be completely trusted.

“No, thank you,” he finally managed, “I’m fine.”

You suppressed a little giggle. “Are you sure? I don’t have any coffee in the apartment so–”

“I’m sure.” He said with finality, squirming a bit under your attention. He reached out and grabbed you hand, with the other pushing open the door and pulling you outside. You linked your arm through his happily. The sun was shining, your illness was fading away, and for now it was still the weekend. You leaned your head on his shoulder, basking in his presence. You felt him lean over and plant a gently kiss on your head.

 


Hello all of my lovely readers! You guys are all the best, thank you for all of the support that has gotten this story as far as it has! I have another poll for all of you... Let me know what you think about adding in a love triangle here:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/vote/105342

If you want a specific member or a completely different option all together, write it in the comments! Thank you all again, I hope you enjoy the story :)