Waking Up

Mail Order Leo

It's time to wake up.” Soft, cautious, careful. “We're here, wake up.”

The voice rolled around you slowly, a gentle wave that rocked you to awareness. You didn't want to awaken, not yet; pleasant dreams of Leo and you in the sun were one thing you didn't want to let go of now. Something gripping your hand, though, begged that you open your eyes.

For a second, everything was blindingly light, shockingly brilliant, before it dulled back to normality. There, leaning over you, was Leo, brows knit together in concern in a way you had seen far too often recently. One hand held yours, the other gently caressed a strand of hair. You smiled, luxuriating in the feeling of being loved.

Wait a minute!” You nearly screeched as you sad up, a rush of memories prompting you to move. You acknowledged that you were in your own bed just long enough to throw back the blankets and scramble to your feet, immediately searching Leo for any signs of injury as he moved to get out of your way. “What happened? Are you okay? Did N make it out? Are they coming after us? Do we--”

He didn't even hesitate; as soon as you were acting normal, he reached around you waist and pulled you flesh against him, silencing you with a kiss. Still panicked, you raised a hand, ready to push him away, but Leo wouldn't have it; he entwined his fingers with yours and held you captive, the arm around your waist tightening. His kiss was insistent, demanding that you paid attention to only him for the short time-- and regardless of your other concerns, you couldn't help but comply.

“Are you okay?! We heard yelling--”

The door was pushed inwards and slammed against the back wall and you jumped away from Leo, falling back across the bed in shock as five boys tumbled through your door with N at their head. Breathing heavy from the kiss and surely changing to a brilliant shade of red, you brought a hand to cover your your mouth.

N smirked; those behind him had various reactions ranging from a squeal somewhere in the back to a snicker.

“Sorry to interrupt...” N grabbed the door and closed it on you, leaving the two of you in silence. Leo, even, seemed slightly surprised.

“You didn't tell me you had brought them here,” you hissed quietly, not knowing whether they were listening at the door. Knowing N, it was certainly possible. You scrambled back to your feet; Leo said nothing. You lightly slapped your cheeks, trying to pull yourself together. “Well, I guess this means that everyone got out...”

“Do you want to go talk to them?”

Your head snapped to Leo. “Well, I mean, since they're in my house I can't really not--”

“You know they are like me, don't you?”

You nodded slowly. “I assumed. Okay, wait though, I need the story from the beginning. Let's, um, go then.” It felt strange to be heading into your living room as if you were going to a foreign world. Leo nodded, and you reached out with a hand, waiting for him to take it. He offered a small smile and then accepted, first hooking you with just a finger and then grabbing you completely.

“Let's go.”

You headed out of you bedroom, moving at a snails pace through the hallway. No one was around as you passed the bathroom, but you could hear the murmuring as soon as you left the safety of your room.

“She's his, then?”

“I think she's pretty.”

“She looked okay though, that's good. She was in shock at least.”

“Who made you a doctor?”

“Hey I was just saying---”

“Ehem.”

Leo coughed very obviously, calling attention to you as you rounded the corner that led to the living room. There was immediate silence; before you, all five males sat around your coffee table, staring in your direction.

“Um...” you said, grabbing harder to Leo's hand. “Hi.” You were suddenly shockingly aware of the fact that they all had risked themselves to help get you out of there. “Thank you for helping. In the warehouse, I mean. No one is hurt?”

There was a look of surprise all around before heads started shaking, the occasional smile showing on their features. N waved away your concern with a full grin.

“No, we're all okay. Thank you for that concern, though. If Leo wasn't so charming I might have fallen for you.”

You couldn't help a little blush; Leo shot a glare at N that was quickly mimicked by the rest of the group. N looked around and then offered a shrug. “Only the truth.”

The though of N in love, though, reminded you of something important. “N, I--” But before you could say any more, Leo gripped your fingers hard enough that you got the hint and stopped; you looked at him questioningly, but he just shook his head imperceptibly.

“Are you okay, miss?”

A quieter boy in the corner asked in the moment of silence, and everyone turned to him at the same time. He was looking at you with a sincerity you weren't expecting, but there it was.

“Oh...” You tucked a stray hair behind you ear and looked down quickly to make sure you were somewhat presentable. You should have thought about that earlier. “Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit banged up. Thank you.”

There were quiet oohs from around the room; Leo coughed again, this time actually appearing uncomfortable. Now it was your turn to squeeze his hand, this time offering comfort.


Slightly ashamed to say that I wrote an entire chapter in a day... hope you enjoy it!!