She's Alive!

Mail Order Leo

“So, um...” you started to speak after the awkward pause, motioning around the room to each of the unknown boys. “What are your names?”

“Designation?” One of the boys on the other side questioned in confusion, head cocked slightly to the side. You had forgotten what Leo was like when you first awoke him, a small bit of humanity missing. You smiled and found an empty seat, Leo coming to sit on the arm rest next to you.

“If that's all you have... none of you have names?” One of them raised his hand, grinning lopsidedly.

“I was called Ken, actually, but I was only with my owner for about two days. She said she didn't like my nose.” He shrugged good-naturally, tweaking his slightly large nose. You thought it was rather striking, personally.

“Well its nice to meet you, Ken.” You held out a hand, which he shook energetically. “And the rest of you?”

The other three looked at each other, and then the one sitting next to N with short hair swept upwards spoke.

“I was designated 215,” he said in a low tone, “though we will be choosing names for ourselves soon.”

“I am 929,” the quiet one who had talked to you earlier spoke up, giving you a smile. “I haven't decided on a name yet.”

“And I'm 7595.” The last boy grinned happily; he had a younger appearance than the rest. You shook each of their hands in turn.

“Nice to meet you all. So, um, how were you activated without a, uh...” You trailed off, looking to Leo for the right word. Owner? That seemed like a terrible thing to say, though they appeared to have no qualms about it.

“Lover.” Leo finished for you, though it wasn't exactly the word you would have chosen. Still, you thought it was a valid question.

“Oh that,” N spoke up now. “Technical systems glitch that I may or may not have created. Designations don't usually stay, but for now they'll keep there Ken, of course, was active. We needed help, so we got some.”

They all nodded in agreement, which you found strange considering they hardly seemed to have agreed to this, but decided to let it lie in favor of one more important question.

“So will they come after us? Or is that the end of it?”

There was silence for a moment and immediately your stomach dropped. You couldn't deal with going through that again, never. Leo must have noticed you tense, because he reached out and placed an arm around your shoulder. You leaned into it immediately, needing the warmth and support.

“Well...” N breathed, and then broke into a smile. “I think it's over.”

You slumped in your chair at the relief, the infectious smile spreading to you as you took Leo's hand in yours. Its over. You didn't know how, you didn't know what they did. You didn't think you wanted to ask. Looking at their faces, you knew it couldn't be anything too bad. “No one was hurt?” You had to check on that at least, looking up to Leo. He was smiling gently down at you.

“No one was hurt.”

You took a deep breath. It was over, then. You wanted to go back to the days with Leo when it was just the two of you, enjoying each others company. It felt like forever since Leo had last cooked a meal for you. You leaned onto his shoulder, willing him to understand what you were feeling. He squeezed your hand with what you hoped was a promise for later.

“And what will you do now?” He asked, looking around the room at the group of boys there. There were certainly a lot of people on such a small room. N, appearing to act as their leader in some respect, shrugged in response.

“They had no where to go for now. I'll probably take them in; my apartment should be big enough for everyone.” The rest of the group nodded in agreement. It appeared they had talked about this already, at least among themselves. But this meant that they would all be living just upstairs from you, and for whatever reason that thought made you smile.

“But you probably want to rest some more, we should get going...” the quiet one spoke out questioningly, looking to N for confirmation. What was his number again? 929? You couldn't wait until they had chosen names, it would make things much easier.

“Yeah let's get going, I need to show you three around some more anyway. Besides, we can visit again.” N sent you a little wink, to which you couldn't help but roll your eyes; he only chuckled in response. “And these two look like they could use some alone time, anyway. Let's go,” he stood, the others following like ducklings, “back to my apartment.”

They said their goodbyes and headed out one by one, leaving until there was only you, Leo, and N left; you couldn't help yourself, you grabbed N's arm as he tried to walk out.

“W-wait a minute, N, I have something to tell you...”

He looked concerned, glancing at Leo to make sure everything was okay but you weren't paying attention. Just looked down at your feet.

“She didn't die, N.”

You weren't watching his face, but you felt him stiffen, still gripping his arm as you were. This was it, the last bit of pain from that whole event, something that had been unfair to N for who knew how long. Leo but a hand on your shoulder and you let yourself relax at his touch, looking up to N's expression for the first time as you continued.

“They changed your memory files...” you trailed off as you watched him descend into a type of horror, clearly upset. He looked down at the floor and you thought you saw tears in his eyes as he tried to cope with what you were telling him. You couldn't stop after seeing him, and the words continued to tumble out of you recklessly. “She's still alive somewhere, you can go find her. It wasn't her! She still loves you, it was the company or her sister or something who made them change it, so don't--”

You stopped, unable to say anymore. He was searching the ground as though it held the secrets of life, but there, you could see it just barely, was a smile. A tear dripped down his cheek but the smile grew and grew, blooming into a full grin.

“She's alive?!” He cupped your face with his hands, desperate for more. “Really?”

You nodded and, ecstatic, he leaned forward and pressed his lips to yours before jumping back with a spin, hand held to his head. “She's alive!” You blinked with wide eyes shocked, and you didn't dare look to see Leo's expression. N bounded towards the door.

“I'm going to find her--” he scrambled, almost tripping. “I'll be back!” And the door slammed closed behind him.


Hello there! Sorry it took so long, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter :) I have just started a new story (thus why this chapter took so long) that will be a collection of drabbles and one shots; check it out here, if you want!:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1018346/k-pop-drabbles-drabbles-fluff-you

I'll be taking requests if anyone wants a story :) I was having to many ideas I couldn't abandon, so this is the result! As usual, thank you for all of your support, I appreciate it more than you could know!