Getting Ready

Mail Order Leo

You slept better than you ever had that night. The soothing tone Leo had sung to you echoed gently through your mind as you rested, continually lulling you.

When you awoke the following morning,appreciating the morning sun as you usually did, it was still in your mind, repeating slowly. You blinked into the light, rolling over into a patch of sun that warmed your pillow. You dozed happily there, half awake, until you heard a sizzling sound come from the kitchen-- coupled with the unmistakable scent of bacon.

That made you move. You sat up blearily, eyes finding the empty half of the bed next to you. Of course Leo wasn't there if he was in the kitchen, but you still found yourself slightly depressed that he wasn't curled up next to you. You would have loved to sleep just a little more. He could have pulled you back into the nest of blankets and pillows, cuddled against him--

Oh hell no, you thought, stopping yourself with the shock of cold air that came from rolling back the blankets. You were not going to go there. Instead you followed the sound of intensifying sizzling, prioritizing bacon, and shuffled into the kitchen.

Leo was leaned over the stove, several pans in hand; you stopped quietly in the doorway. You had seen this so many times now that it was becoming a habit, though one you admired. Who would have thought that a man cooking-- and cooking well-- would be so... so attractive? You leaned on the door frame, watching his attentive expression as he flipped eggs in one pan while stirring something in another.

“Smells awesome,” you finally murmured, coming into the room fully. Leo looked up from what he was doing, mildly surprised, and smiled a little when he saw you.

“That's not fair,” he said, going back to move the bacon as you walked in and took a seat. “I wanted to wake you up.” He looked over his shoulder to throw you a quick wink.

“Well I, for one, am glad you didn't,” you teased. “Bacon was a much nicer thing to wake up to. Actually, is any cooked yet?” You scanned the kitchen for a pile to steal from, and found it settled in a nook next to the pans. You jumped from your seat, reaching out to take some, but Leo grabbed your wrist.

“You can't steal any,” he said, and you snickered.

“I'm pretty sure I paid for it, actually, so I can.”

“I cooked it, so you can't without paying taxes.”

“Taxes?” You furrowed your brow in confusion. Taxes? What on earth was he talking about? Before you figured it out he leaned over, using his grasp on your wrist to pull you closer, and kissed you quickly.

“Leo!” You admonished as he backed away, laughing, and let go of you. You grabbed a slice of bacon and returned to your seat, nibbling on it as you reddened slightly. “It's way too early for that.”

“I wouldn't know,” he responded, that dangerous tone of voice taking over, “I never sleep.”

You tsked at him quietly, but were too amused to anything further. You ate the delicious breakfast with relish after he finished preparing it, sending him happy glances with each bite.

“So, are you ready to go?”

You were washing your plate when he finally started up conversation again. You bit your lip a bit, holding back a smile. Today was the day of your date, finally, and that thought brought a small giggle of glee up in your throat.

“I still need to get dressed,” you said with a laugh as you dried your hands. “So, no.”

“I think you look fine.”

You turned around and threw the towel you were holding at him, but he caught it with a small smirk.

“Anyway I'm going to get ready. Are we going to the park?”

“Yes, so wear something nice and light, it's supposed to be warm out.”

You thew a look over your shoulder as you headed back towards your room. “Are you imagining that? Me in something 'nice and light'?”

He face betrayed his surprise, which he tried to cover by clearing his throat. He looked away, unwilling to respond, and you closed the bedroom door behind you. Your smile was only growing; for once, you had the upper hand.

You couldn't wait to see his face when you returned wearing a bright yellow sundress, perfect for the sunny day you were about to go out into. You pulled open the bedroom door quietly, sliding around the small opening in silence. Your purse was slung over your shoulder, and you were ready to go-- after, of course, you showed Leo the outfit he was waiting for.

You snuck around the corner of the hallway, peaking your head to spot Leo. He was waiting by the door, looking at a book that he was scanning. You had no idea what it was; the other day you had accompanied him to the store, given him some money, and let him free. He had come back to you with a small candy as an offering for you and a pile of books and magazines for himself.

As quietly as you could you crept over to him, standing on your tiptoes behind him. “I'm ready.”

He whirled around at your whisper, startled at first but recuperating quickly. Before you could act the tide turned and he grabbed you around the waist, pulling you against him. He looked you over briefly as your face began to glow. This was not how you had planned this to go.

“You look lovely,” he whispered but in your ear, leaving a small kiss on your shoulder. He pulled away but grabbed your hand instead, showering you with a glorious smile and he headed towards the door. “I can't wait to see you out in the sun.”

You watched as he open the door and the rays on sunlight lit up his face. No, you thought, distracted by his beauty. You look the most lovely. You felt your heart soar a little as he pulled you outside.