Angel

Mail Order Leo

 

You could hear your blood pumping behind your ears as adrenaline laced your blood, lending you determination and strength; it had been long enough now. This could go no further, or any change of escape would be utterly crushed. The machines holding you were cold enough to shock you and offer forewarning of what would come if you didn’t act quickly. You raised a leg, ready to try and crush someone’s foot. Or mechanical likeness of a foot.

“Let her go.”

The soft, powerful voice sent shivers down your spine as you looked over your shoulder, the grips on your arms relaxing and lowering you to the ground as they stopped in response to the command. Leo was standing there, anger radiating from his features with hands gripped at his sides. N stood next to him, his expression mimicking, and behind them stood four more young men, each with eyes blazing. You choked on sudden tears at the sight of them, at the sight of him, here for you this time. You didn’t waste the second of distraction they offered; the foot that still hovered in the air came down on the mechanical creature with all the force you could muster. Something cracked and broke beneath you, and while the grip never loosened the balance of the creature failed it, and it began to pull you to the ground.

You never made it that far; Leo came up behind you faster than you could see, leg flying in a spinning kick to the second creature with such force that it nearly knocked its head right off. He grabbed you around the waist as he landed, pulling you away from them a backwards leap.

Your boss watched with rising rage, face turning purple as he attempted to control himself. You hardly cared. You clung to Leo like the apocalypse was at hand and he was your savior, curling into his arms as a sob of relief rushed out of you. The other boys moved in front of him as he knelt with you, N briefly patting your head before joining them in their guard. Leo whispered quiet words of comfort, his soothing voice continuous as he searched you up and down for any injuries, hands ghosting over your body. Breathe, you reminded yourself, breathe. Leo is here. Leo is here. Nothing else mattered. Leo is here.

He and N were just fine; everyone was safe, and they had picked up some friends along the way. You were alright now. As he was reassured that you were indeed alright, Leo stood and brought you with him, holding you bridal style with a strength you were sure would never tire.

“We’ll take care of them, Leo. Get her out of here.” N was serious, you could tell. You wanted to tell him that you were okay, that you would stay and help them fight, but it was a lie. Your legs were shaking so badly that if Leo put you down, you wouldn’t have been able to stand.

You felt Leo nod in response, and then turn away.

He wasted not time. He turned and marched away, leaving the brewing battle to its own devices and searched instead for escape. he passed countless dead end corridors before he found himself something he could use, a forgotten windown overlooking a desolate field. The sky was beginning to lighten and the stars fade. You clung to Leo as you looked out to the world.

He walked away from the window a ways, back to a corner you had turned from. "Wait here a moment," he murmured, voice almost too quiet to hear. You were confused until he lowered to his knees and settled you against the wall carefully, pulling away. He swept your hair to the side and slid a thumb across your cheeks, wiping the tears that were drying there. "I'll be right back, and then we're leaving together. Okay?"

You nodded, not trusting your voice. You would never admit to the small kernel of panic that seeded in your throat at the thought of him letting you go. Instead, you tried to commit the warmth of his fingers against your cheeks to memory. His eyes begged promise before he stood and went back to the window.

You crawled forward on your hand and knees after him, looking down the hallway at where he stopped. At the same moment as he raised his leg you realized what he planned, a cry sticking in your throat as he kicked outwards and shattered the glass.

It was like seeing and angel. Early light caught in the shards and reflected all around as they flew through the air behind him. He turned to face you as they fell, dark eyes focusing solely on you. Your heart beat through the sound of breaking glass but you were into the tunnel of his gaze, caring and warm. The reflecting lights caught in your eyes and with Leo in your sights the last of your strength faded; you slid to the tile, unable to see anything beyond Leo as he moved towards you, a small sparkle of light as everything else faded into black.


 

Hi all! Sorry this plot has taken so long to work through; but hey, theyre reunited! This chapter is a bit shorter than usual but I'll have the next one up soon.Thank you all so much for your continuous support, you have no idea how it keeps me going. To those of you reading Diabolical, I sincerely apologize for the long dry spell of updates; I'll get to it soon!

To anyone who is interested, I'm writing a new Seventeen fanfic with Woozi (any Seventeen fans here?? That MV though??) that will be posted here:  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1015771

It's fluff, as per usual, so feel free to check it out! It will only be a few chapters in length.

Once again, thanks, hope you enjoy :)