("101")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

The siliarities of humans and computers are more numerous than the differences.

 

Taking the bus was not an option after the police took an hour to question them. Chanyeol had to take over, because Seung got so freaked out by the authorities that she couldn't speak. He explained how he was taken by the men after an escape attempt, but he tripped before he get as far as Seung, and that she came back and found him before anything happened.

Chanyeol did walk her home, though. She noticed that the blood was from a scraped knee when he fell, but she thought it was enough to let him walk with her home after he offered, since he appeared to do it more for his own sake than her's. She guessed that maybe he wanted to befriend her, but she wasn't too open with the idea.

Seung reaches the door to her house and Chanyeol stands really close. Her shoulder was touching his arm, like he refused to get any further away. They both were facing her door, but Chanyeol appeared like he wanted to go inside. Her suspicions are proven when she goes to grab the handle and he takes a step forward to go inside with her. She stops and looks at him with eyes she tried to make blank, but, for some reason, Chanyeol could always see her emotions inside of them.

She looked ashamed, hesitant and...sad? She didn't want him to come inside, that was for sure.

"I could, um, fold laundry...?" He suggests. Seung takes her hand off the handle and looks at him fully.

"You wouldn't like it in there." She states. He could see her swallow more words, but nothing else comes out.

"You sure? I'm pretty toler-"

There's a crash of breaking glass and a woman's scream. Chanyeol can see Seung's pupils dilate as the bag falls from her shoulders and the door flies open. She's gone before he even knows what's happening, but he follows like always, taking the bag with him.

Seung keeps her shoes on as she dashes up the stairs and reaches the kitchen, barely seeing the broken liquor bottle on the ground, only focusing on the sounds of her sister. Her father had his hand around , and fury in his eyes.

"I'm MARRIED!" he yells at her. Yoora trembles, struggling for air.

"Dad!" Seung yells back, grabbing his back and pulling him off of Yoora, who falls to the ground gasping. Chanyeol awkwardly stands at the top of the stairs, bag in hand. His eyes were wide.

"She started it!" He defends like a child, pointing to his eldest daughter. Yoora looked ready to go to work, and, judging by the time the officer gave her, she was supposed to leave ten minutes ago. Seung leads her father to the dining table and sits him down, folding his hands on the table and giving him a muffin from the kitchen. He stares at it with a pout and Seung reaches her sister, breaking glass under her tennis shoes. Yoora was breathing shakily, but stable. She nods to her sister and lets her lift her off the ground.

She didn't have shoes on her feet to avoid the glass, so Seung lifts her up and carries her across without hesitation. She looks at the slight bruising around Yoora's throat and pushes her into the bathroom, pulling her makeup wipes from the drawer and ing them into her hands.

"I'll cover you." She simply states. She was rushing now, and there could be no time wasted. She was already late as it was, but they did make more money when Matrix showed up. Maybe it would be enough for compensation.

Chanyeol was still there, and finally Seung notices him with wide eyes. She stares for three seconds, but takes the bag from his hand and hands it to her sister in the bathroom, taking her lab top out and handing Chanyeol phone back to him. Seung barely grabs her costume bag, leaving her lab top in her room, and pushes her father into his room before grabbing Chanyeol's arm and dragging him with her.

"Sorry." She mutters when they suddenly start walking at a brisk pace down the street. Chanyeol appeared to be in a daze, but wasn't showing her pity. She was glad for at least that much.

"What...?"

"I don't want to talk about it." Seung grits out, making her pace faster, "Know any shortcuts to the strip club?"

Chanyeol stares at her then, wondering what to do about his facade about not knowing. She huffs, without looking at him, and narrows her eyes at the dark street.

"I know you recognized me." She states, then asks "How fast are you at running?"

"You want me to come with?" He asks, taken back a bit.

"You'd follow me anyway."

Chanyeol smiles slightly, but shakes his head.

"My friends forced me to go. I mean, I-I don't...ever..." He stammers.

"You're not fast enough." Seung whispers. She grabs Chanyeol's arm again and starts running. For being taller, Chanyeol was actually having trouble keeping up with her. Maybe because he didn't want to hit her as she ran in front of him. Her bag was bumping against her as they sprinted the distance the bus usually covered for them. It was slower, but so was waiting for the bus to come get them, and she was pretty sure that it's usual pick up time was not right now.

They eventually reach the club, Chanyeol panting from lack of exercise in the past. He had to bend over and place his hands on his knees as he fought to catch his breath.

"You can go home at any time." Seung comments, nodding goodbye to him. Chanyeol awkwardly watches as she slips backstage and disappears, leaving him in the entrance of the club alone. He straightens his back and flashes an awkward smile to the person who collected money for admittance.

"Table for one?" She asks, tilting her head down slightly and batting her eyelashes. Chanyeol takes out his phone, 24% battery power, and lifts it to his ear. When he takes it down, he turns back to the lady and gives a dorky smile.

"Table for three."

 

The girls were quick and skilled in their profession. While one did her hair, two worked on her makeup and another helped her get dressed with the other three attached to her head. In a matter of three minutes she was ready to go, attaching the mask to her face and hearing the music that signaled their song was coming up. Seung blows a raspberry with metallic lips and rolls her shoulders back. She wanted to call Yoora and ask how she was doing. She pretty much left her half conscious with her drunk father. Not the safest move, but usually, after the makeup is removed, their dad left Yoora alone.

He was a sad sight, but the last parent they had. Both agreed that they would try to support him as much as possible. Yoora wouldn't call the cops unless she wanted to go against her own promise.

With a few cracks of her neck, she counts how many hours of sleep she would get that night, and the music ends, another remix starting as to not offend any copyrighted artist. Seung forced herself to become the alluring, y and graceful Matrix. Without any information of the specified routine for the night, they all decided to do an old one rather than free style. The one they choose was a backup routine everyone knew, in case something went wrong. Most of the time it was freestyle anyway, but it was just a matter of who goes where and at what time.

Two people on one pole isn't a good idea when it isn't planned, and then one of those people scampering around to find an open space isn't any better.

The lights go out and the crowd goes hushed except for the clinking of glasses and whispered orders. The girls quickly move to places and, as always, Matrix takes the pole front and center. They knew she was popular because she was so elusive and untouchable. they were the only ones who had seen her face without the mask and knew what she was leaving, leaving out Yoora and...

Chanyeol.

Seung breathes to prepare for her body to move, wondering what happened to him. Did he go home? Stay? She'd rather he didn't and just go rest. He was being friendly without any expectation of something back. That mean something true and pure. She couldn't help but get curious

Please log in to read the full chapter