("11110")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

The story was such that I couldn't make a graceful ending and then make a graceful new beginning. I could have, but I didn't want to.

 

"Let's get down to business, to defeat the Huns! Did they send me daughters when I asked for sons?" Jongdae sings loudly. He hits notes Seung never thought possible for men to sing, and people glance over at the three when they enter the public gym. Seung was pursing her lips, hoping no one she knew was there, but Zitao insisted that they go to these specific ones because they had a fantastic indoor gymnasium to do training in.

"Why are you here?" Seung asks when they check in.

"I was assigned to make sure you're actually on board and not going to go do illegal things again." He explains, hands on his hips. He arrived in a casual sweatshirt and jeans, but he supplied her with clothes the day after the whole fiasco. Most of them were red, but there was a black cocktail dress and a few white things as well among the bright colors.

Zitao gestures for them to follow and brings them to a large open space connected to the more public room. Seung passes the punching bags and swallows harshly when she sees the one she broke back on the chain.

"To start, we'll work on getting you fit." Zitao explains, then makes her go change. She comes back out with a red tank top and red athletic shorts. Her short hair brushes her ears as she starts to do some of the warm ups Zitao was gesturing for her to follow. She knew already that she was flexible - it was needed in her previous line of temporary work - and it seemed to surprise both men how quickly she could follow the martial arts expert's movements.

"What can't you do?" Jongdae asks, sitting on an unused bench press, leaning his elbows on the bar.

"Ffuts." Seung mumbles, and Zitao begins to show her a few simple defense movements that she was going to learn, but brings her over to a couple weight-lifting mechanisms and has her sit down on one to stretch her pectorals. When she presses her palms against padded bars and pushes them into the center, she knows it was going to be a long day.

 

Cereal was the only thing they had ready this morning. Where Yunjin and Kyungsoo were was a mystery. Suho sips his tea as they watch the news casually, learning about their country with each story. He flips open the newspaper as the anchor talks about cows, or something, and reads the headlines. It didn't interest him that much, and he folds it closed again, placing it on the coffee table. Yixing appears and walks around the couch to slump down and snuggle into Suho's arm.

Sehun runs as Kai chases him, trying to get his card game back. The youngest was giggling as they run in circles around the table, and Chanyeol sleepily takes another bite of his cocoa puffs. At least the cereal they had wasn't something boring like Cheerios. Why did they even call them that when they weren't cheery in any way?

Yoora slowly slides down the pole, gripping it with her thighs and bending backwards so the blood rushes to her head. She stretches her arms downwards and yawns, pulling her body up and grabbing the pole in her hands, going down the rest of the way like normal. She scratches her neck and takes a deep breath.

Kyungsoo appears down the pole next, blinking his wide eyes tiredly. Chanyeol drops his spoon and locks his attention on him.

"Yah! Kyungsoo? I thought you always cooked breakfast?" He complains and Kyungsoo gives him a look.

"Do I look like your mother?" He hisses and passes into the kitchen, pulling things out. Chanyeol takes another bite and stays quiet. Suki jumps on the dining table and Gidae complains in Yunjin's arms when she comes down the stairs.

"He's so lonely." She remarks, scratching his head, but he still wasn't happy.

"But you're always with him." Yoora replies. Yunjin walks over to Chanyeol and Gidae squirms.

"He wants you; you're his daddy." She explains. Chanyeol smiles and picks Gidae up from her arms to cuddle him, and his puppy whines stop. Suho's eyes widen as he watches the news, and Yixing perks up from his half-asleep stage to

Please log in to read the full chapter