("10100")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask

 

He had a black and white shirt that had black tassles hanging from random points. They moved when he walked onstage, and his spiked leather bracelet reflected the lights. He was prepared to give his all, knowing that his Joonie was watching him below. This night was anything aside from perfect.

He only wished that Seung was the same. She seemed a bit aloof before in his house, but, tonight, she just seemed completely uncomfortable. He wanted this to be fun for her, but it was the opposite. He may have felt selfish for not doing anything to make it better, but he didn't show it. It especially didn't cross his mind when Junmyeon would smile at him and he had to try his hardest not to swoon. That would give him away.

But, now it was show time. there was always a certain rush that he felt when it came to dancing. To make art with his body was a concept that never ceased to facinate himself and others. There was just something exciting about being able to smoothly mix a series of movements toegther and make it beautiful.

When the lights fall on him, he waits for the music, and his aprehension fades when a familair sound echos. The vocailoid sounds of Chnayeol go through the air.

"She's such a transformer. EXO. Let's go."

And it begins.

 

The origins of the voice watch with amazement as a song they've never sung plays the sounds of them in the air. The man Suho came to know that night began to move, pulsing his body, making a mixture of robotic dance moves and smooth, natural ones a perfect harmony.

The audience was taken at the spectacle, wondering who made the music. They didn't know that she was hiding in a back room, waiting until it was completely over, a chair tucked under the handle of the door. Her eyes were wide with caution, sitting against the wall.

Sehun hugs Luhan closer when he hears his voice rapping in the mix, Kai smirking to Yoora when he can hear his own voice. Baekhyun relayed what was going on to all of them, but something was off with Yoora. She was listening like there was something specific she was looking for, face contorted in confusion.

"Oh baby, baby, baby, you're as dangerous as you're electrifying."

Yunjin makes an excited noise and pokes Kyungsoo's chest when his voice plays, Yixing dancing's enhancing the effects. The crowd cheers as the song continues.

"Tick tick, boom boom, 'bout to blow!"

The dance moves get more mechanical and stiff, signaling a robotic change.

"Yoora, Yoora, Yoora transformer." Kai teases when he hears his own voice singing. He pokes the said girl's nose with each mention of her name, and she smiles faintly, still looking confused. The of the song starts when the tempo and style changes to the music.

"Tell me now, it's killing me baby!"

Baekhyun laughs and smiles when he hears his own voice so strongly, Chanyeol clapping in approval, but something else seemed to be on his mind as the song ends, the dancer on stage stopping, breathing as he faced the ground, one hand stretched before him. He smiles widely and walks off stage, a new song going on, but no other performers. The clock was about to strike the new year. They were preparing.

Couples were waiting for the New Year's kiss, getting into romantic embraces and hugs, waiting it out to be with each other. Business people and friends alike waited for the moment to come.

Chanyeol wasn't paying attention. He had something to do before it got away again.

 

As soon as Yixing tries to get through the doors, Seung is up and pulling the chair away, letting him in. He seemed to be on cloud nine, elated - no sign of tiredness. If you could die of happiness, he was going to need a coffin very soon.

Yixing didn't even notice when Seung started to pack their things and make haste to get out. He pouts when she takes his casual clothes and USB drive up, ready to leave.

"Why are we leaving so soon?" he asks.

"Do you want to stay?" She asks. Yixing gives a lasting look towards the door, then looks back at Seung.

"Joonie..."

"Then I'll go, and you can stay." Seung states, setting his stuff down on the vanity.

"Seung, wait. I'm sorry I had you come and you didn't have a good time." He apologizes. Seung avoids eye contact and starts to walk towards the door, remembering that they dropped their jackets off in the coat room by the front.

"It's fine, Yixing. I don't really mix with people anywhere I go." She mumbles, staring at the wood of the door.

"Are you sure you want to go home? It's not even midnight yet." He reminds her, but sh

Please log in to read the full chapter