("101011")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

The safety of the people shall be the highest law.

 

She was allowed to keep the lap top as the boarded a personal jet somewhere random. They weren't terribly concerned about where they were going, but CL made sure she had only the finest things this jet had to offer. Thankfully for her, G-Dragon wasn't cheap when it came to fine dining and wine.

They wore white business dresses and could pass off as the gang leader's various assistants or secretaries.

Where they ended up was the shopping malls in Busan. After giving them instructions, it was simple.

They weren't allowed to leave their designated guard. Every two hours, they meet at the center to exchange guards. At the end of the day, they should've been with G-Dragon at least once. They're being given a good thousand dollars to buy what they want, to Yoora's ultimate joy. They're allowed to eat whatever they want, but they will all meet at six to have dinner together in the food courts.

When they all departed, it was like a field trip. Since she wasn't as into shopping as the others, Seung sat down at a bench with the lab top as she continued to figure out what to do.

There was an idea, but it would have to be very discreet. The coding she's make it in couldn't be as readable as Python or C++. Malbolge was suicide since not even computers could write in it well. Whitespace is barely visible unless using a syntax-highlighting editor. G-Dragon's people wouldn't even know what their looking at, because there'd be nothing to see, in reality.

Her two choices were set forth. Use a code that is extremely hard, enough to be named after something in Dante's inferno, or use a code that isn't visible for anyone to try to read. She wasn't completely fluent in them, but she knew enough to get pretty far.

It was what she needed, and she starts typing in the command page to get a rerun of what she knew. Unfortunately, G-Dragon was her current guard, and he was sitting cockily next to her, his arm across the beck rest behind her, as if they were together. A tell-tale smirk was on his face as he watches her type, to the point where she sits up straight to avoid him as much as possible.

"I guess I should've said you had to use all thousand dollars, huh?" He teases and Seung pauses for a second before resuming.

"Do you want me to work or not?" She mutters, and G-Dragon puts his hands up in feigning surrender, then leans in to see the coding she had written in the terminal.

"What is that?" He asks, scrunching his eyebrows. Seung continues without answering his question, making the code as fast as possible with this demon technique. She opens another terminal and begins Whitespace, and now G-Dragon is focused on the lab top, where there was practically nothing.

"It's a virus. It will lure the ties away from your accounts and crash their servers as you change the information." She quickly explains, her voice monotone. G-Dragon shrugs after a few minutes and leans against the bench again in the previous position.

She fights the urge to smile when the piece of coding she fills in was meant for her own plan. She writes instructions as she continues, feeling the heat of G-Dragon's arm by her back.

 

She was passed onto Taeyang when the two hours were up, but she wasn't done programming yet, so it was the same. Yoora had already gotten things she really didn't need from the usual store she went to, but G-Dragon gave her a promise of introducing her to the better stores as they paired up. Taeyang seemed hesitant at passing the shopping bags to his boss, but looked relieved when Seung simply sat down again and continued. They didn't speak, even after another two hours was up and she was given to the man who was in her room before.

Seungri was his name. Fortunately, the file was saved and ready to be slipped into the system. Deciding to do something else, she passes the lap top to her guard and gives him instructions to watch it carefully. There weren't many store she's been too, but they just sort of float, looking at things but never really finding interest.

Seung picks up a few sweet-smelling candles, but that's all that really happened between her time with Seungri, and then Daesung. With him, they find a few stores with statues and art, spending time looking at the beauty, but nothing was bought.

 

Meeting up for dinner, they're instructed to wear anything they wanted that they bought. CL had diamond jewelry, Dara had hello kitty themed shirts and Yoora had too many things to really pick from, but Seung remained the same from her lack of clothing bought. As they ate, Seung had the lap top out once more, sending the virus-laced email to a certain man, then closing it to enjoy the soft pretzel her sister brought her in her excitement.

 

"Jongdae. Come with me." Yifan orders as they pass each other. Jongdae puts his yogurt cup down by Minseok in the break room and walks to follow his superior, being lead into his office.

"Do you have any more information on where he is?" He asks and Yifan shakes his head before he sits in his chair, gesturing for Jongdae to come to the other side of his desk as he click on his computer.

"Do you recognize this company?" He asks and points to an email in his inbox.

"The Kim Corporation? Isn't that Junmyeon's father's company?" Jongdae remarks and stands up straight after answering.

"Yes, but what do you suppose he wants?"

Jongdae shrugs, but takes the mouse as Yifan leans back in his chair and gives the other room to be curious. He clicks on the email, then sees the attachment added, inscribed as 'Party details.'

"Oh, he's invited you to something. Maybe he knows about what-"

He's cut off when a click on the attachment results in an array of static to take up the entire page, and then there's confused noises from the other computers outside the office. The virus had spread through their interconnected system of security.

That wasn't all. The screen goes blank, and the two agents blink at it in confusion. Whatever that was probably crashed the whole system and either erased all data, or someone's looking through it.

"See, now this is why Seung was here. We should've learned from her military break in." Jongdae comments and points at the computer screen, but then a white word pops up on the blank screen.

Chen

The said man glances at Yifan, who gives him the same work, but then they're switching places. Jongdae scoots forward as the screen changes again, and Yifan stands behind him.

Listen

The window is small

Go to Myeongdong

Send reinforcements now. It's one hour away...

We're in Busan now...

Take out cell phone tower before invading...

Top floor is his floor...

Tracking device will go off when I'm there...

Don't go in before that...

Pick up the ducklings before you leave...

S4INT

Jongdae quickly takes the pad of paper and a pen on Yifan's desk and writes down a few notes, running out of the office to see every computer blinking her trademark name on it's screen. They were all currently down, but he was sure she'd be able to get them back up when he gets her back.

If she gets back.

Jongdae stops in the halls for a second at a sudden thought: Ducklings?

 

The jet ride included CL gloating about getting a diamond necklace for Lancelot, and the others were mad that they didn't think of getting anything to pimp their own ducklings out with. It made Seung roll her eyes as she avoided the champagne being passed around by formally dressed stewardesses. With a glance, Yoora was doing the same, but was more engaged in the conversation with the others to really do more but wave them away.

With a smaller glance, trying to be more subtle, she looks in G-Dragon's direction. They weren't aware of it, but he was watching the other three as they animatedly spoke with each other about the things they bought. His eyes, though, seem to be on CL as she leaned against her chair with a satisfied smirk. She just needed to be a Siamese cat, and the look would be complete.

Maybe G-Dragon thought that too.

They're told to sit tight as they land, and then a limo is taking them back, but the windows are dark, and there are precautions to keep them from seeing anything helpful. Seung already knew, though.

With this in mind, she grimaces and rolls her shoulders, rubbing her tattoo as if it was sore.

"You can't be tired if you didn't do anything." Yoora complains.

"I've been sitting with a computer. It gives me shoulder pains, and you know that." Seung replies and cracks her back a few times.

There wasn't a signal that it was on, so she could only hope something clicked as the limo slows to a stop, and they get out into a large garage with other expensive cars. The guards lead them towards the side of the building they lived in while G-Dragon goes in the opposite direction. he stops Seungri halfway and leans in to whisper something, but Seung can't pick it up as she faces forward.

Seungri walks over to them and takes CL's arm, leading her with G-Dragon. The other glance at each other in concern, but the guards push them on like prisoners to a cell.

Jongdae needs to get here as soon as possible. It was only a hope that they were already nearby, and a hope that the massive amount of Whitespace she wrote actually worked, despite her lack of re-reading for mistakes.

They're brought up to their room and left behind, but Taeyang's whispering something to Daesung, and the both of them lock the door as they hurry to do something else.

Seung takes this as her opportunity and the other two girls look at her. With a finger over her lips, Yoora smiles in relief and Dara just looks confused as Seung inspects the lock, recalling what it looked like from the other side. The door was made of good, strong material and swung in the other direction.

Instead of taking her time, she walks back a few steps and pulls her hi

Please log in to read the full chapter