("10001")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Crying is cleansing. There's a reason for tears, happiness or sadness.

 

Seung was prepared for a lot of things when she rang the doorbell and waited for an answer. She expected a woman, probably, or maybe even children to run up to the door and start screaming for their parents. What she didn't expect from the cheap-yet-stylish apartment complex, especially since she noticed it was awfully close to Chanyeol's redesigned fire station, was a young man to carefully open the door and smile brightly.

She could literally feel the angelic sun rays coming off of him when his dimples appeared, his eyes zoning on Suki. They graze across the cat kindly before resting on Seung, his smile falling into a look of interest. His eyes sparkled with curiosity.

"Seung?" He asks. The said woman stiffens and leans backwards, eye brows going up at the recognition. The man slaps a hand over his mouth in shock at what he just revealed, but Seung takes it as shock over seeing her.

"Is it on the news already?" She hisses mainly to herself. The man looks at his cat and slides his hands around her, gently taking her into his arms. She mews softly and he smiles again, looking at the hand that was just holding her.

"You're bleeding." He gasps. Seung pulls the hand away and tries to hide it, just figuring that out now herself. The cuts from the mirror were coated with dried blood, but it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, the man drops the cat softly before Seung can get away and reaches for her hand. She tries to retract, but the way he tenderly held onto her made him seem safe and unthreatening. She lets him examine the wounds with concerning eyes, but stays still when he tries to lead her inside.

"Here, I'll get you cleaned up." He offers, but she doesn't budge when he pulls on her arm. He looks back in confusion and she takes her arm back, clearing lightly.

"I'd rather not." She whispers.

"Oh. You're probably going to Chanyeol's house then, right?" He asks, but covers his mouth again as soon as the words came out. Seung her head and takes a step back.

"How do you know Chanyeol and I?" She asks. The man suddenly blushes deeply and covers his eyes in shame.

"You can't tell him. He'll hate me forever!" He pleads, separating his fingers to peep at her through his hands.

"Give me a straight answer and I'll consider it." She warns. The man making a whining noise and takes his hands down, nodding and gesturing into his house. Seung, not trusting him anymore, hesitantly follows, shutting the door behind her. Suki weaves through her feet as she walks, making her take cautious steps as not to crush the cat, and the man stands in his living room. There was one couch, tidy and clean, and a coffee table. He didn't appear to have a TV.

The man sits and Suki jumps on his lap, dropping the glass vial into his hands when he opens one for her prize. She curls up when he sets the vial on the table and lazily her head as she purrs.

"Explain." Seung demands, holding her lap top to her side. The man sheepishly smiles and his dimples show.

"Uh...how can I explain this? In my defense, I forget things easily, so this was the only way I would remember his voice and his face so easily. I guess it just became a a habit for me to do, and after a while I couldn't seem to stop. I'm really not that bad, though. I have reasons, and that counts, right?" He rambles.

"What are you talking about?" Seung asks. The man takes a deep breath and stands up. Suki runs for stable ground and the man disappears down a hallway, returning with a silver box.

"Suho." He breathes, kneeling at the coffee table and letting the insides of the box spill out. Seung lets drop as picture after picture after picture of Suho spreads across the wood. She slowly came to an understanding of what was going on.

"Whoa." She gapes quietly, kneeling down at the table beside the stranger. There were at least one hundred shots, each from different angles. The man's eyes had started to sparkle as he began to point them out.

"See, this is the one I took when you came. See the way his face twisted in concern?" He cheerfully asks, turning to look at her. Seung's fingers pull out pictures from the Christmas party, seeing Suho's familiar smile.

"You stalk him?" She asks. The man cringes.

"Don't say it like that! That makes me seem like a creeper!" He whines.

"You kind of are a creeper." Seung replies. She starts to stack the pictures for him and he gives her a sad look.

"I know I am, okay! I can't help it. I-I don't even know how it started. One day he just came into my life, and now I've never been the same!" He cries.

"But, how do you know my name?" She asks.

"I can read lips really well, plus hidden microphones help." He adds softly, dropping his head.

"You snuck into their house?" Seung asks, bewildered.

"Only once! I didn't do anything else, I just wanted to hear his voice so I wouldn't forget it!" He defends, holding his hands up.

Then, Seung laughs. She places her hand over her eyes and just laughs.

"Won yhw? em yhw?" She asks herself, wiping her tired eyes with her palms. She forgets about the cuts and feels scabs opening at the friction, making her hiss slightly. The man grabs her hands to take them away from her face.

"Let's clean you up now." He says, starting to tug her away again. They stand up and she finds it in her to trust him now after seeing the evidence.

"Sorry I was rude. I thought you knew me from something else." She mumbles when he goes into a dismal bathroom, brightened by white fabric shower curtains, crocheted flowers hanging on the outside. He opens a medicine cabinet and reveals an array of vials, like the one the cat brought, but filled with different things. Some were crushed leaves, others were brown powders that could be spices and uniquely colored salves. When Seung make

Please log in to read the full chapter