("100101")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you.

 

There was ice cream, movies, blankets, tissues, stuffed animals, chocolates, and friends. The only thing they didn't do was tie her down, but this was an optional thing. It was a chance for her to change the way she dealt with these sort of issues. It didn't mean that she hated change any less, though.

They all sat on different surfaces, some twiddling thumbs and others linking arms. Jongdae and Minseok took up the space of the coffee table while Yunjin and Kyungsoo remained in their natural habitat - the kitchen. Seung, Chanyeol, Kai, and Yoora took claim to the couch, which was the focus of this family meeting. Yoora was the only one who took use of the tissues and was wiping her red face repeatedly as Kai rubbed her arms in a comforting gesture.

Seung, however, was the only one not looking somber. The others felt the sadness, but she didn't know how to respond. She locked everything away so tightly this time that she didn't know how to get it out. Maybe it was a good thing, or maybe it was bad. She didn't know. She did, however, feel that this death was much less significant than the last.

Maybe because he was already gone. The true father she had disappeared a while ago, and now there was only this man she didn't know left. He wasn't the same dad she once had, so maybe it made things easier? It was sad to think of, but it could be true.

Yoora didn't feel it. She only knew that both her parents died in the same fashion. She didn't feel fear of water like Seung did, though. It wasn't the same, but everyone does something different. It was like how they all reacted as a family when their mother died. Everyone did their own thing that time, and she guesses that it was only a given to do it again.

Chanyeol swallows and fingers the edge of a blanket as the silence in the room only cuts out by the soft sniffles Yoora gives off, and an awkward sigh Sehun releases as he plays with Luhan's fingers. Jongdae lightly clears his throat and shifts in his seat, facing the sisters. Seung blinks as they make eye contact and looks down at her hands.

Yunjin carefully pads over and hands Yoora a carton of chocolate ice cream and a spoon, to which the latter softly takes up and starts making use of it. Kai takes the top and starts the remnants of ice cream from the lid as Yoora dives in with her spoon, but offers the first bite to Seung. The younger eyes it carefully, but opens and gently takes the spoonful up and holds the ice cream in when Yoora retracts to get some for herself. The company watches Seung as she lets the cream melt first before swallowing.

Baekhyun checks his watch from his place at the dining table and breathes out silently, lips pursed. There were no noises now other than a clock ticking someone inside the house.

"If nothing happens in five minutes, I will personally become the therapist I mentioned earlier." Jongdae threatens and their eyes fall on him as he crosses his arms.

"What are we doing?" Seung asks, finally using her voice. The attention diverts again and the eyes blink. Chanyeol drops the blanket's edge and reaches for her lose hand, intertwining their fingers carefully.

"We're here to listen." He explains and smiles at her when she looks over at him. There's a torn sensation inside of her that tell her to both take her hand back, and lean in closer.

"Listen to what?"

"Oh my gosh. They want us to cry for them, Seung." Yoora exclaims, mouth full. She fights to chew the freezing substance and winces at the pain inflicted on her teeth when she does so. This time, Seng takes her hand back and tucks it under her arms.

"I'm not going to cry." She states and stares at the floor.

"You don't have to. We can all just talk." Minseok assures softly, leaning so his elbows touch his thighs when he smiles.

"This is all just something we decided to do to show you that we are here for you, Seung." Suho explains on the floor. Seung sighs.

"There was once a time I thought I would never need friends. I'm still not sure how I feel about it." She comments.

"Well, living alone is a sad life." Yoora mumbles, wiping at her eyes with a tissue. Seung glances at her and then looks back down at her feet, remaining silent and without an answer.

"Well..." Jongdae puffs, but there was a nervous look to him as he spoke, and his pupils dilated as his hands started to tremble, "If no one's going to say anything I guess I'll start."

"Start what?" Minseok asks, hugging his husbands arm. Jongdae looks down, the most afraid Seung has ever seen him, and he clasps his hands together.

"My...my father disowned me when I told him I was dating a boy." He states. Minseok gapes slightly and Yoora drops her tissue, "It was in high school, and he overheard me talking to some friends about my date to homecoming. When he came in to ask who the lucky girl was, I thought maybe it was a good time to...t-tell him."

Minseok squeezes his arms in a gesture to say he didn't have to go on, but Jongdae presses a fist to his lip as he clears his throat and squeezes Minseok's arm back as a reassurance.

"You'd think most parents would at least try to remind their kid that they loved him, but the first thing that he said was that he'd get me into counseling with the pastor. He said that I wasn't born this way, and I was a sinner. I tried to...I tried to defend myself, but he..." Minseok wraps his arms around his neck and Seung's heart squeezes when a tear rolls down Jongdae's face and his voice gets weaker, "He called me satan - demon's spawn. Claimed no son of his would act like this. No one wants to hear that from their parents."

He goes quiet, finished with what he had to say, and looks at the ground. Minseok lightly scratches his shoulder in a comforting gesture and whispers in his ear.

"I..." Suho starts, then shakes his head lightly, "I haven't said anything to mine. I'm too terrified. I've looked up research and facts to back me up. They all say that drug treatments and counseling doesn't work. It's not something that can be fixed but...my father expects heirs."

Yixing chuckles quietly and smiles, "My parents knew before I did."

"My parents don't care what I do." Sehun mumbles into Luhan's shoulder, and the latter his wild-colored hair comfortingly.

"I don't know mine. I lived with my grandparents after they died in an accident when I was three." Luhan shrugs, adding his story with the others. Seung blinks as she feels the wall inside of her crumble and Yoora reaches a hand out to her, to which she grabs.

"Our parents are dead." Yoora quietly states, grabbing another tissue that Kai offers. She starts to open to say more, but someone stops her.

"It's all my fault. Both of them died because I was there, and I was in their lives. They would still be alive if they stopped having children, I just know it." Seung gasps, placing her fingers over her eyes. Chanyeol makes a shushing noise and presses her closer to him.

"Don't carry on so." He whispers.

"I was only sixteen. It was supposed to be a fun time. I wanted to go fishing, that's all. The current was too strong...She wasn't...she wasn't supposed to try to go after me. She should've let me go. She would've lived." Seung sniffles, "And now we have no parents, because I got my father killed. He was a cross-fire victim. I couldn't save him. I can't save them. I can't save anybody. I can't do anything right. I don't...understand why you guys put up with me because I only bring problems."

"Oh, sunshine." Jongdae soothes, tilting his head to the side and wiping at his face.

"Everybody has problems." Baekhyun remarks softly.

Seung was once more beyond consolation as she leaned her elbows on her thighs, trying to ignore Chanyeol besides her, at

Please log in to read the full chapter