("11000")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Many times, the decisions we make affect and hurt your closest friends and family the most.

 

Maybe it was the smell of cinnamon rolls in the air, or the itching reminder in the back of his brain that got him up that evening. His clock blinked at him when he stared in a daze, the numbers revealing the time to be one thirty. He had to think about what had happened earlier to get out of bed and think clearly.

Seung was just down the hall.

In truth, she was in the kitchen. Yunjin and Kyungsoo were snuggly wrapped in couple pajamas and slippers for their sleepy bodies, but were in good spirits. Seung sat at the counter, the same place she was always at when they did sessions. Thinking about the session reminds him that his project was still unfinished, and his FBI wanted test subject was sitting in her response seat. But, that would have to wait until later. After all, she still was an FBI wanted person.

Yoora was picking apart a cinnamon roll, Kai's arm around her as he cuddled into her side. He didn't enjoy waking up, even though it was the afternoon. Sehun and Luhan went out to help at the bakery for new year celebrations. Despite a slight hangover, Baekhyun had the fire pole in his grip, slowly spinning around it with a headache.

Suho appears and hands him asprin and a cup of water. The hand loosens to grab the items and he thanks the latter, who goes over to prop his head up with his elbows, watching Yixing as he sleeps on the couch.

"He doesn't wake up easily." Seung comments, playing with her hands. The nail of her thumb runs under the nail of her index finger as she stares at Gidae on the countertop, uneasy.

"I think I know someone like that." Yoora remarks, eyes glancing at Kai, who appeared to be dozing off.

"I'm going to call you Lay, since you lay down so much." Baekhyun announces after gulping his pills. 

"What if he's on the floor?" Yunjin asks.

"Ha...Lay on the ground." Kai mumbles, his head rolling on Yoora's shoulder. A second batch of rolls come out of the oven and Kyungsoo sets them on the stove carefully to cool.

"Where's my girlfriend at?" Chanyeol asks from the top of the fire pole, hidden from view by the ceiling. The group looks in his direction as he slowly comes sliding down the pole, smiling ecstatically.

He struts over to Seung and drapes a long arm over her, to which she retracts and scrunches up her shoulders from, hands on the counter pressing down.

"I'm...not your girlfriend." She protests, finding the term to be too much to handle at the moment. Chanyeol pouts and places his other arm around her, making a side hug. He squishes her on purpose and presses his cheek into her's.

"Okay, fine. I understand it's too much to take right now. I'll wait." He insists, pulling back from the embrace. Seung's arm reaches up to prevent his arms from moving, though, and Chanyeol watches her, gauging for a reaction. Yoora holds back a girlish squeal as Yunjin passes Chanyeol a cinnamon roll and walks back over to Kyungsoo, wrapping her own arms around him and leaning her head on his shoulder.

Yoora watches as her sister slowly relaxes into the hold. Seung takes her time to get accustom to the sensation of being held, especially the oddly warm sensation inside. This was the kind of love she was told about in stories.

But, something flashes in her mind and she lets him take his arms back, clearing and petting Gidae. He sniffs Chanyeol's cinnamon roll and tries to eat it, but the man takes it up before the puppy can get any. Yunjin makes a noise of adoration and leans against the other side of the counter, reaching out to Gidae.

"Why is he on the counter, again?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Because he would get lonely." Yunjin explains when the puppy playfully bites her finger, and she breaks a piece off of cinnamon roll, feeding it to him.

Seung glances at Chanyeol from the corner of her eye, facing straight ahead. There was something strange about having him nearby after all that happened the night before.

"Yah, Channie. You should teach me how to play guitar." Yoora insists, mouth full.

"Wait, Seung. You were the one who made that song?" Suho asks, suddenly thinking about last night. Seung looks at him and blinks.

"Oh yeah, that was you. How did you do it?" Baekhyun asks, making it to the dining table and sitting down.

"Software." She explains, Gidae making his way closer to her, whining.

"Where did you get our voices?" Baekhyun asks, looking confused. Seung shrugs.

"Your files."

"How long did you know she was Matrix?" Kai's head suddenly flies off of Yoora's shoulder and stares at the taller male.

"Excuse me?" Chanyeol chokes slightly on his roll at the question.

"You hacked our files?" Baekhyun asks.

"Maybe." Sung shrugs again.

"You knew the entire time, didn't you? She taught you how to climb a pole."

A black cat jumps on the table and Yunjin cries out in surprise, the others flinching. Seung simply puts out a hand and Suki rubs herself on it.

"Where did he come from?" Kyungsoo asks.

"She. She's Yixing's." Seung replies.

The said man stirs on the couch and stretches his limbs out, groggily blinking his eyes and looking upwards. Suho smiles at him and is about to say "good morning" when the man below him suddenly squeals and retracts his hands, falling off the couch in his surprise. He gets up just as quickly as he fell down and steps back too far, legs bumping into the coffee table and sending him tumbling backwards. A decorative water fountain that once was displayed in the center of the wooden table tips over and spills on Yixing, sprawled out on the floor.

He's soaked and breathing heavily from his sudden wake up, Suho rushing to his aid. Suki jumps off the counter and Gidae yips at her playfully as she trots over to her owner and stands on his chest, staring him in the eyes and rubbing her forehead on his nose.

"Gosh, it's like a zoo in here." Baekhyun grumbles, pinching the bridge of his nose when his headache increases in pain.

 

Suho let Yixing borrow a shirt, to which the Chinese male would not stop smiling and blushing about, his dimples showing clearly as he felt the fabric over his body. The oven had turned off minutes ago, but some of the company was still enjoying the rest of the day with mugs of coffee or tea, Sehun getting bubble tea and Luhan getting hot chocolate when they come back home. With Suho at work, Yixing decided to actually fix his apartment up since the intervention and Suki followed him there after he promised to bring Gidae's food back.

Seung, however, didn't move. Even when Chanyeol and Kai went to play a video game in the living room, her and Yoora stayed put. Baekhyun complained about the music and mumbled something about going to the gym before grabbing his jacket and leaving. Seung thought of joining him and meeting the sand bags face to face once more, but she couldn't find the determination to do so. Plus, that was a public place, and she was known as one of the few people who actually used that area of the gym. It was too risky.

This was all too risky. This house was one of the most suspected places for her to be, and look

Please log in to read the full chapter