("101000")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart.

 

With a bit of work, everything was perfect. They could move in unison now instead of off beat when they danced. They worked together to create a routine. Seung had a bit of relaxing time with a computer and the vocaloids again, taking recordings of Yoora's voice and creating a song from it. She couldn't find it in her to tell her sister that her singing wasn't actually very good, but she mixed it up and tried to fix the rough spots and sharps. The range was short, but it was enough for her to create something that Yixing helped write. Chanyeol sat nearby with his guitar and would relay possible notes to place, and the three of them made a song suitable enough to dance to.

They even fit in a few sessions between, after Chanyeol came over to her with his mp3 player and headphones. Because of her lack of sleep over the song and usual work hours before they actually went to the club, there were times where she feel asleep in the middle of a calm song, head falling on Chanyeol's shoulder. He would smile widely.

Since the tempo was a bit wilder than most songs, Seung had to give Yoora some cardio workouts before she could move without dying at the end. She would keep telling herself that sweaty wasn't y and fan her face.

The manager of the club was very smug when they showed up the first day, bags in hand and makeup on. He was about ready to start bargaining to take them back - prepared to make Seung do s. Prepared to rub it in their faces how much they should give to work here once more - until Seung flipped out a shiny badge and shut him up on the spot. He babbled about how they knew he didn't do trafficking, and they had to shut him up again to explain how they were going to work there for a few days. They didn't say why, however.

Because she already had to vocaloid program up and running, Seung decided to make a few more songs, because they knew how the club dealt with copy writed music often. Why not make more original songs and dances?

"What about this?" Chanyeol asks and strums a couple of chords. Seung bites her lip and holds the headphones off at an angle to hear out of one ear, slowly breathing in and out. She purses her lips and stares at the various tools and sound waves shown on her computer.

"Maybe." She mumbles, going through her list of sounds Yoora recorded. They weren't going to be used, because she wanted to make a song with male voices. Chanyeol absent-mindedly plays a few chords of a song he knew and thinks to himself, wondering how he could switch it up to make something orginal, "Did you ever teach Yoora how to play guitar?"

Chanyeol looks up and stops playing, "No. She lost interest very quickly."

"I just need to find the lyrics. maybe then I could get a beat." Seung mumbles, crossing her arms.

"Can I write the rap?" Chanyeol asks and Seung glances at him.

"Sure."

Chanyeol pumps his fist in victory, "Their voices won't sound as good as mine, though."

"Why don't you start with something simple?" Yixing suggests, appearing down the pole. He rests his hand on the back of the couch and peers over at her.

"Like what?" Seung asks and he shrugs.

"Have a voice be like...I don't know... Alright, yeah. Gimme yeah, yeah." He sings shortly, then stops and turns his head when Suki makes a strange noise on the counter, "Suki!"

He runs over and grabs a large wad of paper towels just as the cat begins to convulse, then releases a hair ball into the waiting net of towels that Yixing s under her. He folds it up and quickly disposes of it, while Suki grooms herself like nothing happened.

"Then what? have something cheesy like "we met for the first time, so let me sing my sudden love for you?"" Seung asks in a mocking tone and Chanyeol smiles with an idea.

"Actually, that's not bad." he remarks.

"I wasn't serious." Seung points out and Chanyeol starts strumming something simple.

"But it could be about how you just met the person, and you're going to steal her heart." Chanyeol states, pausing the rap in his head to think more, "I go crazy for you tonight. I'll steal your heart tonight."

"We got a fire. We gonna party rock!" Yixing adds, washing his hands.

"Why don't you guys just write it, since you're on a roll?" Seung suggests. Yixing grabs the paper used for writing down grocery items and starts scribbling things as they come to mind. Chanyeol makes little hand gestures as he thinks to himself even more, both composing the same song at once. Seung gives them a look as they pay no attention to her and stay in their own words.

With the amount of notes they sang on a whim, she starts forming more into her head. Soon, she has an underlying beat going, then adds in more instruments until she finally has the beginning that she's been working all day for.

"So, we're having two songs about partying?" She asks.

"Why not?" Chanyeol asks, borrowing the paper from Yixing to write his thoughts down.

By the end of the day, clouds were rolling in from the south west, bringing cold fronts to rival the warm, humid weather. A storm was coming, and it's thunder could be heard from a d

Please log in to read the full chapter