("11011")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future.

 

Her eyes burned from the blinking screen, but she didn't care. There was no pause for her - no break or time of rest. Her body called for sleep, but she hung up a while ago. Jongdae, at his own desk, stared at his computer screen in amazement as she kept going without any other chimes for assistance.

She broke into the FBI network an hour ago after she got her lap top back. They hooked it to the computers in the room for monitoring and let her go, only for her to respond with an email notification of the accessing code being sent through.

Jongdae checked that off his list and sat back in his chair as she continued to work. He never told her this, but he was secretly assigned to be her advocate. When she was done, he dealt with her. When she needed something, he supplied. It was his temporary job.

Minseok picks his bag up and walks over to his husband, leaning on the back of his chair and looking at the monitor as Seung types a stream of coding, then stops and reads it over. She makes an adjustment and a line pops up in response to her command, and she straightens up and scowls.

"How's she doing?" Minseok asks. Jongdae glances up at him and smiles.

"Ah, she's having issues breaking through the military database. I guess that's a good thing." He replies.

"It's sort of like a sport game where you know you should root for the home team, but you want to see the better team win, huh?" Minseok comments and Jongdae nods his head, then twists to take his husband's hand.

"I'll probably be home late. I still need to fill out my report, but I also need to watch sunshine as well. She literally hasn't stopped. Is it bad that she broke into our server first?" He asks and Minseok laughs.

"Ah, probably, but now it will get better. She's good at what she does." Minseok bends down and kisses Jongdae's cheek, patting his shoulder and saying goodbye. He takes up his bag and takes the elevator.

"Girl, you're making me miss my baozi time." Jongdae mumbles, crossing his arms and tucking his hands under his armpits. He watches the screen again and Seung types another stream of symbols and letters, which he deems as nonsense when it appears on the other screen for monitoring. It's cut off when the computer reveals it to be void against the military's security defense.

Seung bites her lip and folds her hand sin her lap, blinking with tired eyes. Her shoulder was starting to hurt where it usually did when she sat at the computer for too long, but she tried to ignore it. She codes once more and it comes up as blocked. Her eyes narrow and she sighs, mind spinning on fumes. She glances at the call button, but takes them back and tilts her head downwards. Almost as if she was in defeat, her hand slides across the desk and her fingertips push the button down, alerting Chen.

"Yo."

"I need to rest. I...I don't know what to do."

"We have a designated sleeping space for you. I'll come in and show you to it."

Seung stopped listening suddenly as she thinks to herself, feeling some odd desire not to give up to sleep. Her head tilts and she takes her hand off of the button, index finger pressing the keyboard's enter button in thought.

"Hello?" Jongdae asks when she doesn't respond.

There was a plan forming, but it wasn't stable. She didn't actually know how to do this entirely, but she's taken enough of them apart and read their coding enough to get a good idea. The only problem was that she wasn't a professional, which meant that her first tries would be failures. But, it was a good shot, since most crackers would do this instead.

"No. Give me more time."

"What's going on in that brain of your's?" Jongdae asks.

"Stuff."

Seung turns on the original computer as the plan forms more procedures. She'd make a site she could freely test her creation in before setting off. You never know if the bomb is worse than you first though without trying it out, and she didn't want to obliterate everything. If she used a website that specified in making sites, that could spread to the source and branch out to the rest of the web. It was too dangerous, which meant it had to be a separate account without any links attached. No one could view it, either, or risk infection.

She, Kim Seung, S4int, destroyer of viruses- whatever you wanted to call her - was making a virus.

The old computer set behind her lap top slowly springs to life and she waits until she can open the command center, scowling when she realized she had to download a computer language software first.

Jongdae watches as the monit

Please log in to read the full chapter