("10")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Computers have lots of memory but no imagination

 

"Dad, food."

The said man stares at the person feeding him with confused eyes, pushing the spoon near his mouth away like an upset child. Seung sighs and pulls the glass of vodka away from him when he reaches for it.

"Hyun Ae, I promise I'll inspect your urine sample later." He mumbles. Seung drops the spoon and Yoora snorts from the kitchen, holding a spoon up to her own mouth. A loose noodle hangs from her lip, but she sneezes and it threatens to fall out. Seung narrows her eyes in remembrance.

With Seung's famous luck, Yoora was sick again, but it wasn't a cold. The last man just happened to have some STD and forgot to mention it. Yoora complained for hours on how it made her less attractive and Seung finally agreed to take her place, angrily muttering about how it was a good thing she stopped by that day.

With canned soup on the stove, and Yoora looking more human than normal, it was her job to disguise her face and dance for people in a half hour. Her makeup was already half done, just the eyes, but she was taking the bus. There was no way she was going full-out while riding the bus.

At the club, she was known as a rare appearance. When she came, she always went the same. She was a reliable face that was impossible to lure in. The other girls came into the audience for s and 'extra' affections, but she mostly remained on the stage and didn't accept any extra sum of money for anything special. Her costume was always the same, too. It was almost like she was the Cinderella of the strip club.

She wanted to keep it that way. The less outsiders knew about her, the better.

With silver eye shadow and dark blue liner, her icy blue contacts stood out. She refused to go onstage with any resemblance of her normal features. She grabs a bag with her costume, makeup and emergency cell phone. She didn't use it often, but it was there when she knew she might need to be contacted.

With a quick check to make sure her mask was in there, and that her dad was being lead into his bedroom by Yoora, she sighs and steps out into the cooling afternoon sun.

 

Chanyeol knew this was a bad idea.

First off, it was his birthday. His birthday, not theirs. If they wanted to go to the stupid place, leave it to them. He just wanted to curl up on his couch with a bowl of popcorn and watch his favorite movies, maybe daydream about how he'll ask Seung to be his research subject.

Secondly, if they want to go to such a place and their other friends find out that they even knew a place like this, things will fly, and not wedding day rice or flower petals.

Thirdly, he promised his parents that he would not be stupid and get as drunk as possible on the first day he turns 21. If anything, he would be the driver for all of his other friends on their 21st birthdays.

Not his.

In his defense, he was deliberately forced into a car. It was Kai's idea of where to go, since he was driving, and it was Sehun's idea of how to get him in the car. Sure, it was his fault her tried to grab a cookie when they drove by an offered one to him, but it was them who grabbed the back of his shirt and dragged him in through the open window and sped off. He was pretty sure they could be charged with kidnapping for that.

He wasn't even sure how they fit his tall body in through that window anyway. It's not like the car is that big.

Now, Kai almost duct taped him to his chair when they sat him down near the front of the joint and ordered something strong, proudly flashing his age around and waiting for the show to start. They came in on time, because a rare appearance was here to dance for them. Kai nudged him with a smirk, obviously seen her before. Chanyeol slumps in his chair and plans to just ignore the dancing women and maybe play games on his phone, but that was taken by Baekhyun.

He was left with nothing to do but maybe doze off.

Unfortunately, loud music and people cheering suddenly starts and completely prevents him from sleep right now. Scandalous women strut out and take places at poles, one centered and several around the club. Lights flash blue and white, along with electronic noises that were supposed to introduce something special. Kai leans back in his chair and prepares for a show.

One special woman catches his attention. She looked different than the others. Her bikini-like outfit had longer sleeves with squares cut along t

Please log in to read the full chapter