("100010")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.

 

Time is nothing when you're doing something you enjoy, as she figured out. It wasn't that the subject interested her or anything, but it was a way for her mind to be able to do something alike to when she destroyed viruses. It was taking down something bad by using ways that were borderline legal, but she was allowed to do anything as long as she wrote it down in her reports. When she worked, it wasn't a matter of what was happening in her own life, because she had a clear cut goal and she knew the steps to getting there. All it took was concentration, which she was willing to give.

Nothing else mattered in that building except he own task at hand, which, currently, was watching the bank accounts of several men to see who was entering in a sum the gang recently hijacked. It appeared that they had several hackers on their team as well, because she ran into a few issues when she went to review their accounts. The bank system wasn't exactly easy to bypass, either, but it didn't take very long.

Agent Wu, who was overseeing her for that moment, mumbled something about horrible security and changing his password again before walking away. She smirked as she dug further and opened up a few more of the suspect's accounts.

There's a money deposit, and she snaps her head up to check the amount. It was distributed between two of them evenly, and she looks at Jongdae in his own desk. They nod to each other and leave to get the culprits.

 

"So...when was it again?" Yoora asks Chanyeol, her hands in her pockets. Chanyeol breathes in and kicks a rock as they walk, aimlessly wasting time because Suho scolded them about being inside for too much time.

"I'll have to check with Suho again. When am I going to get a new subject?" He asks himself, rubbing the back of his neck as the sun beats down on it. The ground was slightly damp from that morning's rain, and it made the air humid.

"You're still looking? It's been two months." Yoora exclaims. Chanyeol shrugs and kicks the same rock further down the street. It bumps off the curb and hits the asphalt with a small clicking noise. They pass a few buildings before Yoora stops and stares at a black Sedan coming down the street. She squints her eyes and places a hand over her eyebrows to block out the sun as she gets a closer look.

"What?" Chanyeol asks, looking up and over at the car himself. He spots two people inside as they park by a building, then slowly get out. The man says a few things to the woman, who checks a gun in her holster for safety measures and nods.

"Is that...?"

The woman, awfully familiar but unreadable from a distance, heads up to a door with the man and they knock.

"They said she was with an FBI agent." Yoora breathes, then starts to walk faster. Still confused, Chanyeol's arm gets grabbed by her and dragged along as they get in to be sure.

"FBI. Open up." Seung demands. Chanyeol's eyes go wide at her voice and he gasps loud enough for the man to turn to look at them. He tilts his head in confusion, and the door remains shut.

"What are you-" Jongdae's cut off when Seung looks up at an open window, then jumps at Jongdae when the booming sound of gunfire echoes. Chanyeol and Yoora hit the ground in surprise, covering their heads and running behind a parked car by the side of the street. Jongdae makes a few hand motions and Seung nods, pulling her own gun out as both of them hide behind the side of the building. The shooter from above ducks back inside the building and Seung pops back out, gun poised at the window. She shoots when he appears again and the man falls inside from the shot. Jongdae moves towards the back.

The two behind the car watch with wide eyes as Seung positions herself a few feet back, then kicks forward and the door snaps open, gun back up as she walks inside. With every shot fired, they flinch and Chanyeol grips Yoora's hand tighter, looking panicked.

Jongdae appears back in the front and spots them, jogging in their direction with his gun down. He grabs the back of Chanyeol's shirt and drags him upwards, pushing him further back. There's another shot fired and he releases them to go back towards the building. A radio on Jongdae's shoulder buzzes with her voice.

"Rooms clear. Attackers down. Five men." She updates.

"Got that. Requesting backup." He replies and stands up straight to hold his radio for a new communication, "34 Drawbridge Avenue. We need five ambulances."

"What is going on?" Yoora cries out and Jongdae smiles at her.

"Oh, didn't you hear? Your little sister's all grown up." He explains and Chanyeol watches as Seung comes out the front door unscathed. He breathes in relief from his hiding place behind the car and she walks towards their own. Jongdae starts to get closer, something about him tense about leaving the two unnoticed by her. Seung gestures for him to follow her and he gives one last look back at the others, wondering if he should say anything or not.

The window with the previous shooter is blocked once more by a body, poised for action, and Seung spots it easily, raising her gun up.

"Seung!" Chanyeol yells in warning, as if she didn't already see the man there. Her head whips around at the voice, eyes wide in shock. It's just enough of a distraction, and the shot is fired before Jongdae can back her up. Seung jerks back from the hit and trips over her feet, head hitting the concrete painfully.

"Seung!" Yoora screams, and they abandon their hiding place. Jongdae gets his gun up and takes out the shooter before making his way towards Seung on the ground. Yoora and Chanyeol almost beat him there as Jongdae reaches down to see the dam

Please log in to read the full chapter