("1111")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.

 

She could barely get through the front door without ramming into it with her side. The world was spinning around her, a turmoil spinning in her soul. She felt sick to her stomach - ready to cry, laugh, throw up, scream. She didn't know. She just didn't know.

The hurricane on her horizon loomed closer, stealing her breath and making her exhales broken and filled with hiccups. Three times she felt like she might lose consciousness and fall to her knees in the street. Three times she stumbled and swayed on her way home. No one questioned her when she accidentally leaned on a door and it swung open, surprising her with the scents of bread and sweets in the warm air that blew over her. She thought that she heard her name, but retracted back to the cold - what she wanted to feel inside again - and ran away.

Seung falls into her house and lands on the stairs, on her hands and knees. This couldn't be happening; She tried so hard to keep it down. Her face contracts in a painful expression as her breath becomes shaky, too afraid to blink. She gasps and crawls up the steps, lifting herself to her feet and getting into the kitchen. She places a hand over her chest to try to hold it in, giving up on trying to lean against the counter. There were so many ways she could've avoided this moment. She could have left him tied to his chair. She could have moved seats on the bus. Anything but this.

Seung slides down onto her in the kitchen, one hand pressed to her chest, the other clamped around . Her body was forcing out sobs that shook her body, the poison of emotions taking over. She tried so hard to keep them back, but, when her eyes water past the limit they can take and tears fall, she lets it out.

She shouldn't have left him like that. The dejected expression he had make her heart clench harder - physically hurting her. She was always told that love was a pleasant feeling; They were wrong.

No. She didn't love him. This had to be something completely different. Love doesn't make you hyperventilate.

Air evades Seung as she tries to get in a full breath, her chest constricting. She ends up choking. There were noises coming out of - mixtures of gasps, whines and sobs- that she couldn't seem to control. Her resolve was breaking. The walls she put up were crumbling.

"Chanyeol." She whines, tears streaming down her cheeks. She didn't know what was happening to her. Nothing made sense anymore.

It was all his fault. He was the one who did this to her. He snuck into her mind when she wasn't paying attention and took advantage of her frail trust. Whatever she was feeling was because of him - his smile, his laughter, his deep voice and cheerful attitude. If love was a poison, she drank it without knowing.

Chanyeol..

Please log in to read the full chapter