("100110")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

It always helps to be a good programmer. It is important to like computers and to be able to think of things people would want to do with their computers.

 

Yifan's office was one of his many prized spaces. He had a certain skill at keeping things tidy and as organized as possible. Being with people who acted like professional adults helped very well when it came to the clean factor. The woman in front of him, however, didn't seem to care for this. She messed with the things on his desk, scattered papers, and didn't understand the word posture. She was, however, a newly important person to their investigation and must be taken seriously, as much as her miniscule actions made his lips purse in annoyance.

Jongdae recently gave him news that their snitch discovered a new pattern of the main boss. He himself didn't know who it was - he hasn't gained full trust yet - but knew enough to give interesting information about the boss's recent activities. As it seems, he's been sending men out to abduct women, relatively the same age, to join a strange harem of his own. All the women had the same type of talents, so it was only a relatively good guess as to what exactly the leader was creating.

First victim: Kim Hyuna. She left work at the local club and never showed up later, along with reports of her missing appearance by her roommate, Jang Hyunseung. She was a main dancer and dabbled in in vocals.

Second victim: Lee Chaerin. Was reported missing from the same club as the first a week after. One of the main dancers and was testing out her skills in singing as well.

Third victim: Park Sandara. Reported missing a week after the second from the same location. Like the others, she was a dancer and was there for the longest time, and had a personal album that consisted of songs she wrote and recorded.

The notorious kidnappings have caused the other workers at the club to quit in fear of being taken as well, except for the male members. because of the lack of women, they've been trying to hire more men to find a new crowd, but now it has a completely different reputation.

Fortunately for the agency, they had a woman who said she knew the club very well after working there and was willing to go undercover for them and let herself be taken for tracking and finding the stolen women, and finally finding the leader's secret locations. She said she wasn't the best singer in the world, but she was just about the last woman at the club, and was one of the best dancers.

Yifan glances the woman over as she crosses her legs and folds her hands, then returns to his paperwork.

"Full name." He requests.

"Kim Yoora."

The door suddenly flies open to reveal Seung, eyes practically burning a hole in Yifan's skull. She slams the door behind her as she stalks over to his desk and the man gets to his feet to address her.

"We're in the middle of a discussion." He simply states.

"It's part of my case and therefore not classified to me. When were you going to bring up that my sister was going to be kidnapped?" She growls.

"I agreed to this." Yoora reminds her, not even moving, like she expected this.

"No. She's not even trained! You have no assurance for her safety." Seung objects.

"We'll train her, then." Yifan counteracts calmly.

"You're not setting someone I love out there into the unknown and expecting your little snitches to be able to keep her safe. I'm not allowing this!" 

"Seung, just let me go. I'm a big girl - I'm older than you!" Yoora claims and Seung turns on her.

"I don't care if you came out ten years ahead of me. You're not qualified for this sort of job. Don't we have some policy about not letting random citizens become bait for important cases?" Seung asks, planting her hands on Yifan's desk. She glances down and sees the things Yoora displaced and subconsciously moves them back, settling an urge inside of Yifan as he maintains strict eye contact with his employee.

"This is a very slim opportunity for us to finally get to the end of this gang. Zitao will show her the basics and we'll qualify her, but we're not letting this go." Yifan stubbornly ends the discussion and Seung scowls.

"Then I'm going with her. I worked at the club too, which means I know the ropes and what skills I'll need." Seung states, crossing her arms. Yifan gives her a side glance.

"You worked at the club?" He asks, less authoritive and more the Yifan she knew as a friend.

"Do have a problem with that?" She snaps and he softly nods his head.

"Not at all. We all have a strange back story." He comments and sits back down at his desk, taking another look at his papers, picking the pen up.

"You better not ask for her full name." Yoora warns, a smug smile on her face. She crosses her arms and looks up at her sister, who drops her own arms and sighs, pursing her lips.

They were going back to the club.

 

"So, if I came when you guys act as bait, will you let me watch?" Jongdae asks as Seung makes a bag of clothes. She stops and gives him a hard stare, to which he giggles.

"Why would you want to?" She asks and he shrugs.

"I want to see what I missed out on in the past years of your life." He replies and smiles.

"It wasn't pretty." Seung remarks and zips the bag up, her back to him. She sighs and spins around to face him, "I won't see you for a while."

"You're not leaving forever. When we get the signal from our carefully planted transmitter - you're the one who decides when - we'll be there as fast as possible. If the plan doesn't work out perfectly, I'm sure you'll do fine." He nonchalantly remarks.

"Don't be so cocky in my skills." She lightly scolds and he raises an eyebrow.

"Sunshine, I heard the story from Chanyeol." Jongdae replies.

"What story?"

"The one where you beat down three men, untied yourself, and hot-wired a phone back to life to call the police - escaping an untimely fate of being forced to film a o. I'm sure you'll think of something." He assures. Seung looks down, then back up.

"That was different." She defends.

"Really? You and someone you care about were in a tough situation, so you used incredible thinking powers to save you both. Completely different from what might happen." He lays the sarcasm on thick and Seung narrows her eyes at him slightly.

"I'm leaving now." She mumbles and slings the bag over her shoulder, walking out the bedroom door and leaving Jongdae behind.

"You know you love me!" He calls after her and she rolls her eyes. Minseok was giggling on the couch as she walks by and he looks up at her, standing up and twirling the keys around his finger.

"Ready to go?" He asks and Seung nods. They grab their

Please log in to read the full chapter