("10010")

System Failure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Music can change the world because it can change people.

 

If there was ever a face she learned to enjoy more than any other, it was Yixing. He was always so excited whenever she said something had gone positively, and was always willing to help. While she slaved away at the computer with head phones, he fixed food, tried to come up with possible moves and dreamed about his love. The way he smiled about everything and hoped for the best made her painful remember Chanyeol, and she would have to take a pause to close her eyes, trying to blink away his cheeky grin over everything he did.

Then, she would remember Yoora's snarky remarks and it would make her smile, missing them all in ways she wished she never did. It was things like this that reminded her why she should stay away from emotions - they were making her slow in her work.

Only then would she snap back to reality and focus on the addition of new voices. She snuck into Chanyeol's house by electronics and found the saved files of their songs. After analyzing their voices and separating them from other music pieces - isolating the sounds - she could make a smooth representation that could be taken and worked with.

It always made her heart beat off whenever she heard the voice of the beginning man's line. She choose Chanyeol because of his deep voice, and it sounded so much like he was actually singing it that it was like he actually did.

Then she would have to smack herself again and go back to the music. It was coming along very nicely, but she needed one last piece to it. She drags another sound over the bar line of what was playing before part of the chorus hits, adding more suspension and finalizing the product.

She gestures Yixing over and hands him his purple headphones, plugging them in next to her own and they listen to it. She found it amazing how she could get Baekhyun's voice to hold emotion at his English portion.

"Tell me now, it's killing me baby!"

"Tick tick, boom boom, 'bout to blow!"

Yixing's eyes sparkle as it plays, hearing Suho's soft voice mixed in. His body bobs to the beat as he listens, showing his satisfaction.

"What was your degree, again?" he asks, voice louder due to the music in his ears. Seung's smile fades and she stares at the lab top screen.

"Noitcudorp cisum." She mumbles. Yixing lifts a head phone to listen closer.

"What?" he asks, leaning in. Seung stands up and steps away from him, to which he shrugs and resumes his listening, "This is fantastic!"

She should feel satisfied. She should feel calm. It was anything but that. There was too much swimming through her mind now that she didn't have something to concentrate on. It was too much.

Her mind floats towards the house across the street and it's residents. When did Yoora and Chanyeol get back home? How were they doing? 

Chanyeol and Yoora...

Chanyeol...

Chanyeol.

He wouldn't leave her mind. She just wanted to become distant from him - like they never met. It was the best for both of them if they forgot each other. The same might have to be to the others as well. Her sister was in good hands, right? Kai didn't seem like the best person on earth, but he seemed to care for her sister.

Her father! What about him? What happened to him?

Yixing puts the head phones down and she immediately takes his place at the computer, downsizing the program and opening up more files. The hospital network was quick to bypass with a few keystrokes and some thinking. Yixing stood behind her in awe as she suddenly was reading hospital records like she worked there.

"Kim Jungsu - Discharged."

Then, where was he?

 

The more she scratched, the more hair collected on her hand. Seung lifts it into the air and blows the tufts off, only to watch them dance in the air, catching the sunlight coming through the windows. Suki was enjoying herself on her lap, sticking her face into Seung's shirt. Little did she know, however, that Suki drooled when

Please log in to read the full chapter