"TOO LATE?"

A CHANCE TO LOVE AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After Dara cleared up her schedule, she went directly to Hae's place. He is coming home tonight. She is excited and nervous at the same time. Excited to see Hae after a long time of not seeing him. And nervous because they haven't been able to patch things up before he flies back home. She was hoping Hae is already cooled down. She decided to surprise Hae in his apartment. They have talked about it before he left, he told her that he will go to his apartment straight. She also have the copy of his flight ticket. She is happy that they will be able to talk now. She is being positive now, she is hoping Hae forgave her already and his anger will subside once he sees her, for sure he misses her a lot.

 

She drove to Hae's place, she checked her watch. She still has 2 hours or less maybe before Hae reaches his place. She glanced at the passenger's seat. She has bought dinner for them, along with the bags with the food, she also has 2 tall candles and a bottle of wine. She is planning to have a late candlelit dinner with him, she even brought flowers to put on the table. She smiled just the thought of Hae's surprise face.

 

When she reached his place, she went directly to the kitchen, setup the table. After she finished, she refreshed herself and decided to wait in the living room. She the TV and scanned through the channels. Her heart is beating faster now, as the time that Hae will come home is nearing. She continue to glance at her watch and to the clock on the wall. She is becoming more nervous now and less excited. The negativity is eating her up. Who am I kidding, it's been days since our last conversation and that was a bad conversation, he is so pissed with me. She glanced to the table where  the dinner is, she stood up and lit the candles, it should be less than 10 minutes, Hae will be there. The airplane should have landed 30 minutes ago, maybe it will take another 30 minutes to reach his place, and it has already been an hour from the arrival time on his ticket. She sat on the chair in the bar, facing the door. Tick Tock Tick Tock... Please Hae, forgive me?

 

She sit there nervously, waiting for Hae to come. 10 minutes. No sign of Hae. 20 minutes, still no sign. 30 minutes, the door didn't budge. 40 minutes, still nobody entered the code. 1 hour, the candles are nearing their end. 1 and half hour, no Hae. her heart is beating fast. She can't take it anymore, she is afraid something happened to Hae. She called him, it just give her beeping sound. She can't contact him. After calling him for a couple more times, she decided to call Hyuk.

 

"Annyeong Hyuk, welcome back." She greeted him.

 

"Annyeong noona. Thanks. How are you?" Hyuk answered.

 

"I'm fine. I am just wondering, are you in the dorm?"

 

"Nae, but I'm leaving now, I'm going to my parents' place."

 

"Oh, they must have missed you."

 

"Nae. But why did you call noona?"

 

"Hmm, is Hae there?"

 

"In the dorm? No, he is actually still in Japan."

"He didn't go?"

 

"Nae, he asked for an extension."

 

"When is he coming back?"

 

"I'm not sure noona, he didn't tell me, he kept it a secret from me too."

 

"Oh okay."

 

"I'm sorry noona."

 

"Ani, it's okay. It's better. I thought something happened to him. I was waiting here in his place."

 

"Oh, sorry noona."

 

"It's okay, better hurry now. Your parents must be waiting for you."

 

"Yes, take care noona."

 

"You too."

 

Dara stayed there for a while. Her mind is blank. Obviously, Hae didn't forgive her. She inhaled loudly and exhaled it loudly as well. She hurriedly stood up. There's no point of waiting for Hae. He is not coming, and she doesn't even know when he is coming home. She put the food back in their respective packages, she put it in the fridge. She left the candles and cutleries. She took her bag and keys from the living room, before she leave his place, she looked back and just sighed. I don't know if I can come back here again. She opened the door and went out.

 

 

---- HAE ----

 

I woke up from the ringing of the phone. I stood up with my eyes still close. I lazily opened my eyes and glanced on the desk clock, it's 5:54 am. I reached out for the phone.

 

"Hello."

 

"Hae!" Hyuk shouted on the other line. My head snapped. It's been a while when I was able to sleep soundly. And now Hyuk is still bothering me when he is already in Korea.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Why did you switch off your phone?!"

 

I looked at my phone in the bedside desk. "Just. So you cannot wake me up like this."

 

"Aigoo. I was calling you since last night."

 

"What's up?"

 

"Noona called me. She was worried for you."

 

"What did you tell he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter