"THE GIRLFRIEND AND THE FRIEND"

A CHANCE TO LOVE AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara looked at Hae who followed her when she stood up to check who came. Hae was showing an impassive expression, but she knows what she saw earlier, there's a little bit of anger and hurt earlier but now it is gone. Hae saw Dara's surprised reaction that is why he suddenly disguised his expression. Dara looks lost, but when Hae's eyes stared directly into her eyes again, he thinks he knows what Dara's trying to tell him. He quickly moved where he is standing, he went to the living room and took his coat, keys and phone. He went where Dara is still standing and told her: "Dara I'll go ahead."

 

"B-but wait. What were you saying earlier?"

 

"Ahmm never mind. I guess I have to leave now." Okay, you want me to leave you alone with Jiyong. You are just shy to tell it to me directly. I can take a hint. I am not that stupid. He tried to compose himself and not give any expression of anger.

 

Dara looked at Hae confused then asked. "Huh?"

 

"See you next time okay?" He kissed Dara's forehead and approached the door. Bye Dara...  When he went out, Hae nods at Jiyong and Jiyong nods at him. He was surprised to see a distressed Jiyong, he suddenly felt bad for him and he felt worried about Dara. Dara still stood there dumbfounded. Unsure what just happened. Hae took the elevator and sighed loudly. Just in time, he came just in time. I was about to tell her that I will do what Goon did, I will follow my heart. She even told me that opinions can change, what does she mean by that? I need more time with her to clarify some things. But as expected of Jiyong, he knows his timing, he is really the barrier in between us. Aissshht... He is visiting her again at home, this has stopped a long time ago, after they broke up. Now I know, they are back together. Hae leaned on the wall of the elevator and pressed the ground button. He then walked to his car and speedily drove home.

 

When he reached the parking lot of his home, he began to dial some numbers on his phone.

 

--- Dara ---

 

"Ji..." I caught his attention. He was still looking at the direction of the elevator, where Hae left. I am still not sure what happened there, why Hae suddenly left and kept her in awe. I ushered Jiyong to enter which he complied, he walked inside and I followed him in the living room.

 

"I'm sorry Dara, I didn't know you were spending time with Hae." He looked back at me. His face was dreadful. I am not sure why. I went to the kitchen and took a glass of water. When I returned he was already sitting on the couch where Hae was sitting earlier. Jiyong felt comfortable around my place since he visited me here a lot of time. I can't help but be a little happy since he still knows he is still welcome in my home. I was hoping that it will not change when we broke up, that familiarity that we have with each other. And seeing him now, I guess old habits die hard. We are good friends, and that will not change.

 

"It's okay. We finished watching the movie. You look dreadful, is there a problem?" I handed him the glass of water and sat beside him.

 

He took the water and put it on the table. "Thanks." He told me then he moved his right arm and covered his eyes. He was now leaning back, with eyes closed.

 

"Are you okay?" I can't help but worry.

 

"Hmmm... I'm sorry Dara for coming here. I just don't know where to go. I suddenly found myself driving here. I hope that I didn't ruin your evening with Hae." He said without looking at me.

 

"It's okay...We are just hanging out.  Can you tell me what happened?"

 

Jiyong removed his arm and breath heavily. His right hand is now turning the ring on his left hand's ring finger. It's a Chrome hearts ring, the same one that I have and the same one that 2ne1 have. CL bought it for us to cover up our couple rings. He told me he got accustomed to wearing it that's why from time to time, he still wears it. It's no longer counted as a couple ring anyway since Bom, CL and Minzy has it as well.  He looked at me intently and continued. "Kiko and I were having a night out with friends, we were being cozy and intimate with each other. We went to our usual place and we didn't have any problems before. But I notice that there is a man lurking behind an electric post. But I have seen him only when we are about to go home. I am afraid he has taken some photos that will confirm that we are really dating. I don't know what to do."

 

I moved closer to him and pat his shoulders. This type of problem is something we never had. We are very careful of everything. Except for the clothes and stuff that we have as a couple. But that can be explained simply, we are from the same company and mostly those things are endorsed to us. Or we could simply say that we borrow from one another as we are friends for a long time. Yes our relationship was brought to the spotlight, but nobody can confirm anything, they cannot tell the real score between us. We were really careful back then and Ji is having this problem every time with Kiko. The thing is, we are really afraid on how our fans will take it. Some fans are possessive and doesn't want their idol to be in a relationship, some are understanding and would just support you. But the thing is, once you are caught, the next question is why didn't you tell it to them first? Confessing is better than getting caught.

 

Jiyong is troubled, he has been denying that he and Kiko are an item. Now his fans will think that he is lying to them. But idols like us, we are also human beings, we don't want to put our loved ones in the hot seat. As it is formidable when that happens especially when they are not in the same industry.

 

"Ji, it's okay, you have been in this industry for quite a long time now. I am sure your fans will understand. You need to be happy too and Kiko is the reason why you are happy." I tried to comfort him as much as possible but I know nothing can console him and deep inside I know that he has some fans that will get angry over such revelation.

 

"Thanks Dara. I don't know if they will accept this. You know a lot of people are cursing Kiko now. And I am afraid she will get hurt more after this. If the photos surfaces online. I am worried about her. For her safety and welfare." His eyes is so serious, I know he is very much concerned about her, but I cannot feel any resentment towards her. My heart is at peace that I am sure I am completely over Jiyong.

 

"Let's just hope that it doesn't. Don't worry too much on something that didn't happen yet." I have seen those messages against Kiko. And boy, they are scary. I am afraid of this happening to me that's why we have been careful before.

 

"Can I stay here for a while?" He looked at me with pleading eyes. I don't mind at all, I need a companion after all.

 

"Sure, take the time you need, do you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter