"THE PARTY"

A CHANCE TO LOVE AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was hanging out in the YG's famous cafeteria and eyeing her food. Playing with the spoon. She has no appetite in the last few weeks. But she still forced herself to eat just like today. She has been down ever since her conversation with Hae. 2ne1 doesn't have much activity in the past month, they just finished their world tour and YG concert. They just come in the office to sometimes train, workout or for a meeting. Today she was at the meeting with YG, she was informed that she can audition for a female lead role for a web series called Dr. Mo's clinic. She was happy for this opportunity and wanted to do well. She even think of celebrating, as she wanted to be an actress for a long long time now, and even though it is just for auditioning, it's already a good news. After the meeting, she pulled out her phone and was going to dial "No. 1" but after realizing that she was about to call Hae, she stopped and sulked all the way to the cafeteria. She then just decided to treat herself for a scrumptious meal which is now in front of her, still untouched. She let out a sigh. She is feeling incomplete and it's almost a month now. Now having Hae in her life is something that affected her whole being. She knows Hae is important in her life but she didn't think this is how it will affect her. She was just giving Ha-Ra what she wanted and she respects their relationship. Even though it hurts Dara, she thought that when she fought with Hae, that is better at least she has a reason not to talk to Hae anymore. She misses him so much, but what can she do?

 

"Daraaaa--yyyaaaahhh!!!" Bom shouted. Everyone in the cafeteria looked at her.

 

"Shhh... what the heck? You are so loud."

 

Bom just hugged her. "Dara, you are going to Yesung's party right?"

 

"Hmmm yes, that's actually my problem. I don't want to go to that party."

 

"Wait, why??? Hae will be there! Last year you were sad you weren't able to go because of our schedule, but this year you... YOU don't want to go?!??!??!" Bom exclaimed.

 

"That's exactly why I don't want to go."

 

"What is?" Bom asked, looking confused.

 

"Hae is there."

 

"Whaaaaattt? Whhhyyyy????? You never tell me anything anymore." Bom pouted, and Dara can't help but giggle, Bom is being too cute.

 

"Hey, Ssangnim told me that I could audition for Dr. Mo's clinic!!!" Dara told her the good news, trying to avoid questions about Hae as she might break down in the cafeteria, and there are too much eyes on them now, thanks to Bom who is being the opposite of quiet.

 

"Sincha?! Congratulations tokki!!!! I'm so happy for you, you will get that part. I am sure!!!! Let's practice okay? I will help you!!!" Bom hugged her again and accidentally pushed her, she nearly toppled down the chair she was seating.

 

"Yahhh!!! Please be careful! I'm so fragile and you know that! But really? You will help me practice?"

 

"Yes, yes yes!!! Though I am not that much help you know that, after that Roommate episode with Lee Deok Hwa.... hmmmm... I think I can never be an actress as I cannot be serious."

 

"Then be a comedienne."

 

"Wah! That's true. I can be a comedienne. That suits me really well... But, so what happened with Hae?" Bom placed both of her elbows on the table and placed her chin on her palms. "You think I forgot right?" Bom then looked at her evilly.

 

"You can also be a villain." Dara said while laughing.

 

"I know right? I can fit perfectly, I will be the villain between the leading lady of Lee Dong Wook and him... But wait, I should be the leading lady!"

 

"Haha, I know you will say that. So are you still keeping touch with him?"

 

"Ani, we don't talk that much now. I believe he is busy. So, Hae?"

 

"Really? You just won't let this moment pass right???"

 

"Of course. I'm an 8D person. This cannot pass my radar. So? SPILL!"

 

Dara cannot help but laugh then she stopped an put on her serious look. "We decided not to be friends anymore, actually... I decided." She then put down the spoon that she was holding at the side of the plate.

 

"The hell Dara? Why!!!!" Bom is not even asking her, her tone is more on scolding than asking.

 

"Because, Ha-Ra visited me, she told me I was hurting Hae and that I need to distance myself. Hae got angry at me because I met Ha-Ra behind his back. I was upset that he got angry at me, when in fact it was his girlfriend who asked to meet me, she even came to my house, so I told him that we better not be friends anymore. And him getting angry at me is better so I have a reason to stop being friends with him and I will stop hurting him. PERIOD." Dara said it fast thinking that Bom will not get all the details and this will mean she will get less questions from her.

 

"Wait.. What? She did visited you? She got the nerve to do ask that to you? How did she know Hae is hurting because of you? I'm sure you are his happiness! She's mistaken!!! And Hae what? He got angry at you? Why? When it was his ex-girlfriend that asked to meet with you. For sure that Ha-Ra told him something else! She's evil! I think she fabricated some story for Hae to get angry at you! Evil!!! She is really evil!!!!  And you?!!  You're a dummy for letting it go Ha-Ra's way! Ha-Ra is the reason for everything! And you just stood here mopping! You fool! You are hurting yourself!!! We gotta fight for our love Tokki!!!" Dara sat there astounded, she can't believe Bom was able to absorb everything that she said in a fast manner. Then she realized one word that Bom said.

 

"Ex-girlfriend? What do you mean?" Dara looked at Bom confused. Last time she checked, Ha-Ra and Hae was still in a relationship. Well, that was like 2 weeks ago? She doesn't care about anything happening to the world these past few weeks. And this is a proof that she was drenched in her own misery as she doesn't even know the juiciest scoop around the idol's world. The juiciest scoop for her that is.

 

"What do you mean, what do I mean? Seriously Dara, it's all over the news."  Bom looked at Dara with intensity. Dara can't help but be alarmed, maybe Bom will push her again. Earlier she was able to stop herself from falling from the floor, now she gripped the edge of the table just in case.

 

"What news?" She said while still gripping hard.

 

"Duh!!!! Jun-hyung and Ha-Ra admitted that they are dating!"

 

"What?!"

 

"Yes, sincha you tokki! I need to give you a good beating. Wake up!!!!"

 

"So what about Hae?" Dara knows she asked the wrong question but this is where she is concerned, how is Hae doing after the break-up.

 

"The heck Dara, I don't know we are not close the same way you are close to him. Or was close to him. Anyway, Hae is free, free at last!" Bom sang the 'free at last' and Dara can't help but chuckle.

 

"Free at last, from me and Ha-Ra." She then looked down at her food which is now cold. Bom took the spoon that she placed on the side of the plate and started scooping the buttered corn.

 

"Tokki, he is free from Ha-Ra, he is now single, you are also single. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter