"JUST FRIENDS"

A CHANCE TO LOVE AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----- =+= -----

 

" Seriously... why do you find such topic irritating?"  Hae asked while trying to look at her eyes.

 

They have been friends for years, yet Dara still finds it hard to read Hae sometimes. It's been a week and they are still on this weird topic. Dara glanced at Hae sideways, avoiding his glare.

 

Why is he insisting on discussing it? It irritates me because it's hard to go out and meet friends and here we are again stuck on a topic that makes me uncomfortable. Why am I feeling uncomfortable anyway? Dara silently talked with herself.  She scanned the magazine that she is holding looking for something interesting, or a topic they rather discuss.

 

"Come on, it's just so weird and crazy. Oh look at this, I wish I could do this too." while showing him the magazine with a girl on a skateboard.

 

Oh please, say something about skateboards!!! -____-  Dara has been trying to keep mum , and tried to change the topic ever since, yet he brings this up every chance he gets.

 

"Again?! I was just trying to get your opinion on something trivial. And you kept avoiding it." Hae says annoyingly. He then took the magazine on her hand and shoved on the empty spot beside him.

 

Hae and Dara agreed to meet today. Today is not the usual day of the week that they meet. There is one particular day in a week that miraculously  matched both of their schedules. A day where they usually hang out, eat dinner, go to late night movies, stroll around or sometimes just hang in each other's apartment. It actually depends on who was able to clean and who was able to shop some grocery.  But today was a coincidence, they were in the same area, Dara is free the entire day while Hae has a schedule around 11:30. So they agreed to meet up in the morning just to have some talk over coffee and have breakfast. It was near to Hae's studio where he has a radio guesting.

 

He looked at his coffee and beamed his eyes on Dara who is now covering her face with both of her hands, elbows on her knees. He leaned closer over the coffee table which is in between them, he took Dara's wrist and revealed her face.

 

"Please... Don't bring up this topic anymore." She embarrassingly said to him.

 

"Why?" Hae asked.

 

Dara unable to look anywhere but him, brought her eyes to meet his. Hae is still holding her wrists which are both leaning on the table. What is that look on his eyes? Hurt? Disappointment? I've known him long enough, but I don't know why sometimes I felt like I don't know him too well. What is this reaction?

 

"Come on, it's just that it's too weird." She pulled her wrists, leaned on the backrest of the couch, but her eyes are still on Hae. She continued. "They have been friends for years, they got closer each day as they get older, why should they fall in love??? They've been so great as friends, why would they fall in love?? Why???" She then leaned closer, elbows on the table. Still not removing her eyes off Hae's face.  "If it is me, I will not choose that path and avoid falling in love. Or just deny falling in love and be friends until it lasts. That's just plain crazy, why enter in that situation? There, that's my opinion, can we move on now???"

 

He smiled weakly, reached for his coffee and took his last sip. He looked at his watch and uttered "Oh it's 11 already, I forgot I have to go back to the studio in 30 minutes. I'll go ahead, and please, call me or send me a message when you've reached your apartment." And he walked swiftly as if there's no time.

 

----- Dara -----

 

What the heck? Why did he get irritated? I was the one irritated in the first place... Why did he has to hurriedly walk out? The studio is like 5 minutes walk from this cafe.

 

He changed into this easily irritated guy after he told me that his friend Goon broke up with his girlfriend after realizing that he fell in love with his best friend. He told me they knew each other since they were 13 and recently they realized their hearts are beating for one another. He left his girlfriend, and talked to his best friend which also feels the same way. Lucky for him I guess. He then asked me what do I think about it. Thinking about us, it made me feel awkward and uncomfortable. I don't want to think about it.  Of course, he is not asking about us, he is just asking 'generally', ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter