"PROBLEMS OF THE HEART"

A CHANCE TO LOVE AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two hearts beating fast. One is a nervous heart. One is an expecting heart.

 

The room was filled with uncomfortable silence. Their eyes are locked. Dara cannot even move an inch. This is such a turmoil for her. Woo Bin just stared at her, longing for her answer. Dara is stunned by the turn of events, it's like just hours since the initial rumor in a forum sparked commotion, she was scolded by YG, then confronted by her angry boyfriend, a revelation through an article, a-sudden-shaved-ice-group-date and now, a confession.

 

In Dara's mind, everything could be simple if she was single. It was known that Dara liked Woo Bin's character in his drama 'The heirs' and a part of her liked Woo Bin's personality too, especially when they went to their meet-up. She got to know him in a short time and she enjoyed his company. If she was single, she knows, she would give Woo Bin the chance to know her more. The chance to date her. And the chance to be her boyfriend too. But no. She is not single. She is committed. She has a boyfriend. And the biggest fact of all is that she is in love with Hae. Her boyfriend who is angry at her now because of the issue with this guy in front of her, Hae is hurting right now. Hae. HAE!  Suddenly, like a lightning hitting a roof, she broke  from their locked eyes and looked at her now slightly melted shaved eyes.

 

"I'm sorry. I-I'm actually in a relationship right now." She said without looking at his eyes. She can't find a good way to tell him the truth but by just saying it directly.

 

"O-oh." Woo Bin after hearing it looked down as well. He was embarrassed that he has tried to woo someone who is already committed. "I'm sorry I didn't know."

 

"I know, it's just you know our type of work, it's not easy for us to reveal it." Dara continued to look at her cup of shaved ice.

 

"I know. I understand. Thank you for being honest." He looked up and he looked at Dara who is still looking down.

 

"I'm really sorry. I was actually thinking of a good way of saying no, but I think you deserve to know the real reason." Then Dara decided to look up, meeting his gaze.

 

"Oh my heart." He said with a smile.

 

"I'm really sorry." Dara said then pressed both of her lips together.

 

"Do I know him?" Woo bin asked, she didn't expect Woo bin to ask.

 

"Hmmm maybe?" She smiled at him.

 

"Lucky man. I wonder if I would have a chance if I showed up before him..." He looked up and caresed the back of his head, then he looked at Dara as if waiting for her reply.

 

"What?" She then asked, she doesn't know why he was staring at her like that.

"I said, I wonder if I would have that chance that he has now, if I showed up earlier than him?"

 

"Hmm, maybe, you're really a nice guy Woo bin." This is the truth, Woo Bin isn't hard to like. He is a gentleman, he is easy to talk to, she felt comfortable with him. Being an awkward person like her, it's nice to find people who you can be comfortable with.

 

"I know, but I am slow. So slow..." He chuckled a bit which made Dara chuckle too.

 

"Aishhh... I wish I could have asked your number the first time we had the chance to shoot for that music video." Woo Bin uttered while looking at his spoon which he is spinning on the table slowly. "Anyway, I wish you good luck in this relationship. I hope he is a good guy. Oh wait, did I cause trouble between you two?"

 

"Uhm, slightly?" Dara then raised her right hand  and extending her thumb and index finger, a small gap in between, implying that there is a little problem between her and her boyfriend.

 

"Again I'm sorry. I really didn't know." Woo bin apologized again while biting his lower lip. He really felt sorry towards her. He knows now why her eyes looked like how they look right now. He didn't want to cause troubles for her, he doesn't want to make things harder for her. He cares for her, and he really lieks her.

 

"It's okay, we will fix it."

 

"You should. And if not. Remember, I'm here." Woo Bin then winked at her, Dara laughed, she felt so comfortable with him. She was thankful that the tension in the room subsided, they are just like friends talking now. Unknown to her Woo Bin is really hurt, he was thinking that this meeting will turn out good for him. He didn't expect that Dara will turn him down, not expecting her to be in a relationship.

 

*Knock , knock*

 

Somebody knocked on the door which stopped their laughing and Young kwang bobbed his head and smiled when he see both of them smiling.

 

"Would you care if we join you?" He asked, thinking the two are a couple now.

 

"Yes we do, please give us, the new couple, more time alone please?" Woo bin winked at Dara who joined the joke.

 

"Please Young kwang, we don't want a third wheel in our date." Dara answered. After this, Bom pushed Young kwang out of the way, forcing him to enter the room. And then she entered the room and closed the door.

 

"Yah! How can you do this to H--- him?!" Bom stomped her feet while shouting slightly.

 

Woo bin and Dara laughed.

 

"Relax Bom, she turned me down, I'm a lonely fool right now." Woo bin cleared. Dara nodded in unison.

 

"O-oh... I'm sorry. Next time you have to up your game lover boy." Bom answered. She sat down beside Woo bin.

 

"What?! She turned you down?" Young kwang asked, unsure how Woo bin can still act the way he is acting now. He then sat down beside Dara, in front of Bom.

 

"Yeah man, don't reiterate it please?" Woo bin replied still smiling, then he looked at Bom. "Bom, please if ever she splits with this lucky guy, please inform me?" Woo bin asked Bom with a cute pout on his lips.

 

"Aigoo, I have to think. I'm a Kim Tan fan as you know." All of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter