#8. Cactus buddies

Drabbles Collection (mostly chansoo)

[g / crack / plant!au]

Jongdae and Baekhyun are cactus buddies. What are cactus buddies you ask? They raise cactus together, even though they live on different side of the country.

Jongdae’s cactus is quite tall and he thinks it looks pretty happy all the time. So Jongdae decided to name it Chanyeol, after Baekhyun’s roommate, who apparently is happy all the time.

Baekhyun’s cactus on the other hand is shorter and always seems kind of grumpy. So Baekhyun named it Kyungsoo, after Jongdae’s roommate, whom he had only seen once over webcam, glaring at him because they were being too loud.

After some plan making and money saving, Baekhyun finally decided to visit Jongdae with his cactus and roommate. In the airport as the customs officer squinted suspiciously at the small potted plant, Chanyeol tried to explain on behalf of his best friend.

“You see officer, my best friend’s cactus is going to meet his boyfriend cactus, who is named after me. And to be honest I am excited to meet my cactus counterpart as well, and also the human counterpart of this cactus friend.”

Chanyeol flashed his signature toothy smile while pointing down at the grumpy little cactus.

The custom officer decided that he did not speak crazy and he also does not want to deal with crazy, so Baekhyun and Chanyeol miraculously got on the plane with Kyungsoo the cactus.

When they finally landed, Jongdae and Kyungsoo (who frankly looked really nervous) waved at them happily from the receiving area and Chanyeol the cactus too looked quite happy, as always, in Jongdae’s palm. When the two cacti stood next to each other, Jongdae and Baekhyun both felt pretty proud; lovers united at last. Turning to face the nervous boy with a grin while the cactus buddies admired their cacti in love, Chanyeol offered his hand.

“Hello human Kyungsoo, I am human Chanyeol. Shall we fall in love too?”