33. Bon appetite

Drabbles Collection (mostly chansoo)

Bon appetite

[chansoo / r / dark / horror / vampire au / 1061 words]

“Bon appetite.”

He said with a satisfied smile and raised his glass of wine, making a toast at his dinner.

---

The club was dark and loud as bodies grinded against each other to the pulsing beat of another song. The air was so saturated with the distinguishing smell of perspiration and other humanly filth, Kyungsoo could almost taste it on his tongue. At that thought, he downed in his drink in one gulp and grimaced slightly at the burning sensation in his throat.

He loathed the modern hunting grounds and the people of the new century, but he must hunt to survive. To make the process more enjoyable, Kyungsoo has picked up a habit of playing with his food: watch them moan, gasp and wither away in his hands, he loved that part of the hunt.

Scanning around the room, he selected his prey of the night: a man of exceptional height, lanky limbs, perky ears, and a blinding smile. The man wasn’t his usual liking but he always enjoyed a pallet cleanser once in a while. Quickly leaving a tip with the bartender, he weaved through the drunken crowd and made his way to his prey. Then as soon as their eyes locked, he tugged the man by his open collar and crushed their lips together. His tongue explored around with practice and he got the first taste of his dinner. Soju mixed with beer and a tint of menthol tobacco, Kyungsoo smirked at the tall man gawking at him with a blushing face. He must admit, it was better than he had expected.

“I’m Kyungsoo,” he breathed by the man’s swollen lips, “how about you take me to your place, now.”

The blushing man nodded eagerly and ignoring his jeering friends, he let Kyungsoo pull him out of the bar without any question. Happy with his hunt, the vampire flashed his prey another seductive smirk, which made the man blush even harder and chuckle nervously. A surge of primal hunger washed over Kyungsoo as his eyes darkened and subconsciously, he wetted his lips as he tightened his hold on the human in his grip.

‘Bon appetite,’ he thought and they disappeared into the night.

---

“My, uh, my name is Chanyeol,” the tall man stuttered against the wall as Kyungsoo planted a trail of bites and kisses down his neck, “You said your name is Kyungsoo?”

The vampire hummed absentmindedly, already too distracted by the smell of blood flowing in the human’s veins. Growling in hunger but restraining himself, he nibbled hard on Chanyeol’s collarbone and extracted a yelp of pain from his prey.

“Ow, I mean, can you be a bit gentler?” Chanyeol whispered, “You’re very attractive, but this really is my first time doing something like this, let alone with a man… but not that gender matters, I just,”

Kyungsoo pulled some distance between them and he glared at the human who was still babbling on nervously. ‘Great, a talker,’ he rolled his eyes before leaning in to shut the man up with another forceful kiss. When they pulled apart, Kyungsoo cupped Chanyeol’s face in his cold hands and looked straight into the human’s glossy eyes: “Shut up and me or else I’m walking out right now.”

“You sure?” Chanyeol huffed as he stared into Kyungsoo’s piercing eyes that began to glow an eerie red in the darkness, “you sure you’re okay with me?”

“Yes,” the vampire replied impatiently and glided his hands down the human’s long neck, feeling the thumping pulse under his finger pads, “I’ve never been more sure.”

As if has suddenly gained confidence from Kyungsoo’s words, Chanyeol narrowed his eyes and smiled broadly, a certain smugness tugging at the corner of his lips. He bent down in a flash and brought their lips together again. This time, he shoved Kyungsoo against the wall and pined himself on top of the vampire.

Soon, two bodies entangled with each other on the floor, engaged in a struggle for power. In the darkness, as Chanyeol and Kyungsoo moved in sync to their lust and desire, their distinct flavours intermingled and their bodies shuddered from instinctive pleasures in the rawest form. Moans and hisses echoed in the night as teeth grazed and pieced into skins and as nails scratched and dug into flesh. The fresh smell of blood and lingered in the air as they panted heavily, lying side by side facing the ceiling.

Kyungsoo turned over and clambered himself on top of Chanyeol again, his eyes glued to the fresh wound on the man’s neck. Holding himself back from shivering in excitement, he swoop down and away the drying blood. A rush of adrenaline coursed up his back at the sweet, forbidden taste of human blood and he shuddered in pure ecstasy. Eyes glossy and glowing dark red, Kyungsoo nuzzled the human’s neck in a trance before baring his fangs.

Chanyeol chuckled at the seemingly affectionate gesture of the vampire and he too nuzzled against the other’s slender neck that was as pale as the moon in the sky. Ignorant of the set of fangs ready to pierce through his arteries and his life away at any moment, he Kyungsoo’s neck one last time and savoured the vampire’s original taste.

“Mm, salty.”

Then with a snap and a gasp, it was over.

---

“Bon appetite.”

Chanyeol cheered as he raised his glass of red wine. Looking into Kyungsoo’s wide eyes, he smiled briefly before digging into his dinner: steak of an exotic breed, cooked rare. Forever frozen in the shocked expression, the vampire’s head looked rather lonely in the middle of the dining table. Without his body, the head was placed on a large porcelain plate that matched its pale complexion perfectly. Slicing off another piece of his raw, bloody steak, Chanyeol placed it in his mouth and chewed slowly on the flesh of his temporary lover. He closed his eyes and relished the taste: tender yet a little chewy, as well as a little salty, but he was already anticipating that.

Vampires weren't usually on his menu, but he sure didn’t mind a pallet cleanser once in a while, especially one that delivered himself to his door.

Glancing at Kyungsoo’s beautiful face gasping at him one more time, Chanyeol smiled sweetly.

“Oh baby, why the look of surprise?” 

FIN.