40. Senses / Back / Home is where the heart is

Drabbles Collection (mostly chansoo)

Senses

Pale fingers swim through silver matted tresses and Kyungsoo rubs Chanyeol’s scent into the narrow slit beneath his nails. Tirelessly, he grooms through small tangles and persistent knots as the man next to him hums comfortably to his touches. From the edge of Chanyeol’s hairline to the nape of his neck, Kyungsoo leaves behind his temperature across the other’s scalp until the pads of his fingers are numb and tingling. Then as he looks over and matches sleep gaze with Chanyeol, who regards him in return with misty eyes overflowing with love, Kyungsoo leans in and softly presses their lips together.

It tastes just like strawberry jam: sweet and tangy, and so delicious.

 

Back

Chanyeol stares long and hard at the dip on Kyungsoo’s back before he reaches out and traces the groove in a painfully slow manner as if trying to memory the form. The callus on the pad of his index finger would briefly snag on the thin fabric of the shorter man’s black top, and he delivers his temperature through tender, curious touches. He watches with a unblinking gaze at the shudder of pleasure coursing through Kyungsoo’s body in barely visible shocks, and smiling smugly he continues his teasing in uncharacteristic silence. Finally, when wide eyes that reflect of bashful accusation set upon him and provides him with the reaction he has always longed for, a deep chuckle rumbles from the depth of Chanyeol’s chest.

“Gotcha.”

 

Home is where the heart is

There is a recording titled “Home” in Kyungsoo’s phone. The 4 minutes and 38 seconds soundbite begins with the soft ruffle of clothes, a dry cough, and the quiet scratchy noises of nails grazing over a guitar’s hard surface. After a momentary silence, a gentle melody that warms one’s heart plays, occasionally accompanied by the causal humming of a relaxed musician.

It is a song without a name, but not a tune without a story.

When it ends, the world quiets again and in a bare whisper, Kyungsoo hears his name being called. Smooth, deep, and emotional, Chanyeol called for him.

They say homesickness is just another disease that may or may not heal. Kyungsoo is sure his disease must be terminal because he cannot stop missing home. He cannot stop missing that person with the brightest smile who is always waiting for him to return to their home.

As the pale winter sun shines on the low horizon, Kyungsoo can already see Chanyeol’s bundled up form by their front door from far away. The tall man’s broad smile is as warm as the eventual spring breeze, and it melts the frozen sadness in Kyungsoo’s lonely heart. As they embrace, kiss, and share their warmth again, they laugh, sigh, and relish the happiness only they can bring to each other.

“I’m home.”

“Welcome back.”

Truly, home is where the heart is.

 

fin.