#11. Hands

Drabbles Collection (mostly chansoo)

[g / fluff / romance / college!au] 

The first time Chanyeol grabbed onto Kyungsoo's hand, he could only remember that alike his own, Kyungsoo's hand was slightly damp in the palm. Although he could not remember more, he was happy to know the nervousness of contact was shared and the feeling of giddiness was mutual. 

The second time Chanyeol grabbed onto Kyungsoo's hand, he remembered the warmth radiating from the other's soft skin, and how it contrasted nicely to the coolness of his own hand. Carefully laced together, the joints of their fingers rubbed against each other's, and Chanyeol felt shots of tingles travel from the places their skin touched through his heart and right down to his toes. It was a blood pumping, face heating kind of exhilaration he had never experienced before. But he definitely did not hate it. Rather, when he saw the dark blush on Kyungsoo's face as their hands clasped tightly together, Chanyeol loved it. 

It wasn't until the third time they've held hands had Chanyeol noticed how small Kyungsoo's hands were. It was a man's hand no doubt, but in comparison to Chanyeol's, it appeared much more modest and humble. Wrapping his long fingers completely over Kyungsoo's entire fist, Chanyeol grinned happily at his boyfriend, who simply frowned at the distinct size differences of their hands. But Kyungsoo did not pull away. The whole trip home, he let the happy giant protect his hand from the cold and shyly, he watched as the back of Chanyeol's hand reddened from the bitter winter wind. When they arrived back at their shared apartment, Kyungsoo wordlessly brought a warm towel and gently, he wrapped the cloth around the pair of large hands he so loved. Chit chatting quietly, they sat in the couch and when the towel cooled, Kyungsoo wrapped his own hands around Chanyeol's perpetually cold ones. 

"With you around, I'll never worry about cold hands again." Chanyeol chirped happily. 

Fumbling with the lanky fingers and lengthy palm, Kyungsoo clumsily rubbed Chanyeol's hands in an attempt to warm them up. Meeting his boyfriend's mirthful eyes, Kyungsoo replied softly as he pecked the back Chanyeol's hands lightly. 

"I think the same for me too.