29. because of that bunk bed

Drabbles Collection (mostly chansoo)

because of that bunk bed 

[g / fluff / real life] 

On a perfect day, Kyungsoo wakes to the bang of Chanyeol's head hitting against the low ceiling of the bunk bed. The sun will have just peeked over the horizon and rays of morning sunshine filter through the semi-transparent curtains. The sound of Jongin's soft snoring echoes in the background, steady and in harmony with the peacefulness of dawn. Kyungsoo blinks in a daze at the tall figure stumbling out of their shared room, rubbing the top of his head half asleep and swearing in annoyance at his bed. The door opens, closes, and following some faint noises in the kitchen, the door opens and closes again. Still muttering something under his breath, Chanyeol staggers his way towards Kyungsoo's bed and climbs in. Despite the quiet grunts of disapproval from original occupant of the bed, he tugs insistently on the blanket, wordless demanding the article to be shared.

"Go back to your own bed," Kyungsoo whispers, pulling half-heartedly on one corner of his blanket, away from Chanyeol who has curled up by him.

"No," the giant mumbles, his face already buried against the shorter man’s chest, "I'll just hit my head again. It hurts."

"But this is my bed," Kyungsoo tries to reason and delivers a soft kick at the other's shin. Chanyeol scowls in discomfort and replies in a rumble of incoherent grumble. He entangles their legs together in fear of another round of attack. Kyungsoo tries to struggle free but when he realizes he is trapped in the giant's sleeping holds, he sighs and looks down at the fuzzy head tucked almost completely into the blanket. Silently, his eyes tart across Chanyeol's messy hair as he tries to spot a swollen bump from the earlier hit, if there is one, but soon stops himself when he realizes what a ridiculous thing he is doing. Scoffing at himself, Kyungsoo relaxes against warm body next to him.

"Fine, you can stay." He whispers in defeat, in which the taller man responses simply by wrapping lanky arms around his waist, like a koala clutching to its favourite tree. Too lazy to attempt reasoning further with the sleepy and stubborn man, Kyungsoo lets Chanyeol have his way and snuggles into the hug until he too is comfortable. Listening to their overlapping breath fall back in sync with Jongin’s even one, Kyungsoo soon drifts back to sleep.

Minutes later, Chanyeol's eyes slowly flutter open and carefully, he lifts his head. A wide smile stretches across his face as he regards fondly at the shorter man's calm sleeping face. Holding back the bouts of giggles about to burst in his chest, he tightens the hug and nuzzles his cheek gently against the crook of Kyungsoo's neck. The top of his head is still throbbing a little but he thinks it's all worth it, if it means having Kyungsoo in his arms. Heaving a sigh of content, he shuts his eyes again and cradles the body within in embrace even closer.

On a perfect day, Chanyeol wakes to the gentle call of Kyungsoo's voice by his ear and the shorter man in his arms. Even if his head may be throbbing a little, he knows it’s not because of pain, but from feeling too much happiness. 


This is actually my first time writing real life chansoo, I think O__O I was thinking about Kyungsoo's interview on my way home lol so I wrote this during the long ride.