26. Those times

Drabbles Collection (mostly chansoo)

Those times

[g / feels / old people au]

“Do you remember the first time we met?” 

They are walking down the same path they always do. Hand in hand, sharing their temperatures and feeling each other’s heartbeat through the pulsing in their palms, the two elderly men pace on.

“We were both eighteen and I crashed into you with my bike in the quad. You were so mad, but I was so glad. Because if I haven’t, then I might have missed you.”

Summer has come to pass and the leaves are tinting red, yellow, and brown. A breeze sweeps by, tussling their silver tresses and it awakens the chest of memories from distance past.

“Or the first time I kissed you? It was an accident but that still counts. You hit me so hard on the head I thought I would have cried. But it turned out, I was all smiles.”

The taller of the two men mumbles on, his voice soft and deep. Old age has mellowed him out and quiet him down. But the same glee is still in his tone, matching the same sparkle still dancing in his eyes.

“How about when we finally realized our feelings for each other, hm? I’ll never forget that look in your eyes —ah, it’s still the same today! Haha… Somehow it still makes me feel shy, even now that we’re so old.”

They pause, turning to face one and other, and for a moment, time stops as they hold each other in tender regards. Love is in their gaze and so much that words can no longer convey it all. For fifty years, they’ve come along, through rain or shine and through the thick of it all.

“All the times we fought and made up. All those mornings waking up together and falling asleep listening to your breathing. I have so many wonderful memories with you, Kyungsoo.”

Smiles adore their wrinkled faces as they grin contently at each other. The smell of happiness is in the air, mildly sweet and faintly familiar, like the aroma of flowers in the evening or of home cooking warm on the stove.

“Thank you for being in my life, my love. Thank you for staying by my side.”

Kyungsoo glances up and the sunlight blinds his sight, so bright that it brings tears to his eyes. Chanyeol chuckles shyly, squeezing their hands tight, and suddenly it is as if they were young men again, their faces red and their hearts giddy with flight, he says:

“I love you.”

He nods, he smiles, and they stroll forth.

“I know. I love you too.”


A/N: the labels are just getting arbitrary... lol