27. You and I

Drabbles Collection (mostly chansoo)

You and I

[g / fluff / domestic au]

Chanyeol peeks into the sunny bedroom and he could not help but chuckle at the sight of his grumpy boyfriend. Kyungsoo is lying face down with a pillow balancing precariously on the back of his messy head, and his arms are outstretched limply across the width of the bed. He has already maintained that position for the past five minutes and while the incoherent angry mumbles have subdued to occasional frustrated grunts, his general mood is still worse than ever.

From what Chanyeol could catch of his boyfriend’s whirlwind of rage ever since he returned home, Kyungsoo’s day at work was an absolute nightmare. It was bad enough that he had to work overtime on a Saturday and the idiotic intern he was forced to train apparently made everything exponentially worse.  

Quietly slipping into the room, Chanyeol tip toes his way to the bed and sits down on the edge. He removes the pillow from Kyungsoo’s head and presses a flurry of kisses into the other’s soft hair, slowly trailing down his neck. Feeling the rumble of grumbles vibrating from beneath his kisses, Chanyeol giggles and rubs soothing circles on his boyfriend’s back.

“How about I sing you a song?” the happy giant whispers into Kyungsoo’s ears and the latter just grunts, listlessly swatting one of his hands. Smiling broadly, Chanyeol bounces up from the bed and grabs his ukulele. Then strumming the strings and striking up an upbeat chord, he sways back and force in a silly wiggle as he starts to sing in his deep voice.

“Don’t you worry there, my honey,

We might not have any money,

But we’ve got our love to pay the bills,”

Kyungsoo scoffs loudly from his spot. Chanyeol ignores his boyfriend’s wordless comment and he continues to sway with a grin on his face, steadily dancing towards the bed.

“Maybe I think you’re cute and funny

Maybe I wanna do what bunnies do with you, if you know what I mean.”

“Rude!”

Chanyeol laughs in between verses at the shouting directed his way and he throws himself onto the bed, still strumming away happily as he lies beside Kyungsoo.

“Oh, let’s get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France,”

“Too far,”

“Let’s get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance,”

“If they want to dance like ducks,”

“Let’s get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants,

From way up there, you and I, you and I. “

Chanyeol nudges Kyungsoo with his foot until the latter flips to his side, playfully glaring at him through messy fringes. Tossing his boyfriend a wink, the giant tilts his head, love and glee in his eyes, and he sings on.

“Well, you might be a bit confused”

“And you might get a little bit bruised,” Kyungsoo joins in suddenly, altering the lyrics slightly and making the happy giant laugh with delight,

“But baby how we spoon like no one else!” Chanyeol giggles as he picks up where Kyungsoo left off, his voice shaking with laughter. He wiggles his brows and locks gaze with his love who is now watching him with amusement.  

“So I will help you read those books,

And I will sooth your worried looks,

And we will put the lonesome on the shelf.”

A tiny smile begins to bloom on Kyungsoo’s face as he feels his legs being tangled with the other’s lanky limbs and listening to the light hearted strumming of the ukulele, he could feel the dark clouds above his head dissipating. Chanyeol always has a way of cheering him up.

“Oh, let’s get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of Gangnam,”

“Don’t arbitrary change the location!” Kyungsoo snickers at his boyfriend’s silliness and Chanyeol also laughs heartily.

“Let’s get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance,

Let’s get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants,

From way up there, you and I, you and I.”

“All together now!” The giant hollers as his entire body bounces up and down on the bed. Shaking to the rhythmic rebound of the mattress and the happy strumming of the ukulele, Kyungsoo chuckles softly and sings along, effortlessly harmonizing with his boyfriend.

“Oh, let’s get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France,

Let’s get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance,

Let’s get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants,

From way up there, you and I, you and I”

The song ends with Chanyeol’s loud cheering and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, but a large smile is stretched across his face from ear to ear. Tossing his ukulele to the side, the giant wraps his love in a bear hug as he imitates the roaring of a bear. Rolling from side to side on the bed, almost falling off the edge of the bed and crushing the instrument couple of times, their hearty laughs and a few occasional surprised yelps fill the room saturated with warm afternoon sunshine.

When they finally come to a stop, both huffing and blushing from happiness, Chanyeol plants an exaggerated wet kiss on Kyungsoo’s lips and the latter grumbles half-heartedly in protest. Looking into each other’s eyes, they break into another fit of giggles. The tips of their noses nuzzle gently together as they exchange flutters of tiny kisses and smooches. Over and over again, their singing voices echo quietly in the cozy bedroom.

“From right here, you and I, you and I.”

 


The song is You and I by Ingrid Michaelson