38. just a little story

Drabbles Collection (mostly chansoo)

just a little story

[chinguline / cute / animal au / 684 words]

Baekhyun is a hamster, and so is Kyungsoo. Or so Baekhyun thought.

Kyungsoo is actually a hedgehog. That's why his 'fur' is much stiffer and pointier than Baekyun's fur. But to the little hamster, there isn't much difference between a hedgehog and a hamster because they are both small. In Baekhyun's world, if you're small, you're a hamster. Yep, no doubt about it.

Baekhyun likes to run on his wheel because he likes the squeaky noises his wheel makes whenever it turns. Sometimes Kyungsoo joins him on the wheel; that is until the poor critter tumbles off from being too slow and rolls into the corner. Loose wood shavings would cover the entirety of his round body, except his pointy nose, and his beady black eyes would blink furiously fast from shock.

The little hamster would laugh at his friend for his clumsiness, but he'd always regret it right away. He tends to forget that Kyungsoo's 'fur' hurts a lot when it rubs against him. So as Baekhyun squeaks loudly and runs around the tiny cage he shares with Kyungsoo, his hedgehog friend chases after him and tries to sting him.

On Sundays, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo get to go outside of their cage, and that's when they meet and play with their big friends: Chanyeol and Jongdae. Chanyeol is a golden retriever who loves peanut butter and chewing on shoes. The friendly giant is always cheerful and energetic, as well as extremely forgiving and forgetful. Despite being hurt by the tiny hedgehog's needles almost every Sunday, no thanks to his brash movements and insistence on carrying Kyungsoo wherever he goes against the small critter's will, he loves his little friend unconditionally.

As Baekhyun watches Chanyeol tiptoes carefully around Kyungsoo, wagging his tail and huffing with his tongue hanging out, the little hamster could not help but giggle at the funny expression on his hedgehog friend's face. Kyungsoo looks guarded, but he also cannot resist Chanyeol's friendliness. Who could, especially when the giant ball of furry sunshine is so adorable? In the end, the little hedgehog gives in and climbs onto the retriever's head. Chanyeol howls happily and prances off, determined to show his little friend the new toy he just found yesterday: his mistress's new shoes.

Jongdae, on the other hand, is a cute orange tabby cat who always looks like he is grinning mischievously. Baekhyun was a little scared of him when they first met, but after a cozy cuddle under the warm afternoon sun, they became best friends. Although the little hamster doesn't understand why Jongdae always insists on all over him, he also doesn't mind it and even begins to enjoy it more recently. It's a little ticklish, but he feels loved, and Baekhyun will never reject love.

Sometimes, Jongdae would share his toy balls that jingle with Baekhyun, and together they'd run back and forth from one side of the living room to the other while kicking the balls. Well, Jongdae is the one kicking really, and the little hamster is just trying desperately to catch up with his big friend. When Baekhyun gets too tired, he sits with Kyungsoo on the couch (Chanyeol helps them up), and they'd watch as Jongdae teases Chanyeol with his tail. The giant puppy would try to catch his feline friend's tail, but never succeeds to, and the game always ends with Chanyeol getting distracted by his own tail and chases after it until he trips on his hind legs.

Baekhyun thinks Chanyeol is so very silly, but that's what he loves about his canine friend, just like how he loves Kyungsoo for his clumsiness and Jongdae for his playful affections.

When the day ends, and everything turns dark all around, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo huddle inside the nest they built together with wood shavings. It isn't a fancy home, but Baekhyun likes how warm and safe it feels. Into the night, the sound of the little hedgehog's even breathing would echo in his ears, and as if listening to a peaceful lullaby, Baekhyun drifts off to hamster dreamland.

Mmm, so many sunflower seeds!

FIN.

 


A/N: this is what happens when cat is really stressed and trying to escape from real life... ON A BRIGHTER NOTE, this is for my good friend Anna! I was supposed to write her a historical au chansoo story but I honestly don't have time right now, so she'll have to make do with this. lol... sorry Anna QAQ. HAPPY BIRTHDAY THOUGH!