35. 36,000 feet in the air

Drabbles Collection (mostly chansoo)

36,000 feet in the air

[chansoo / fluff / 566 words / SIN -> ICN]

In the midst of his shallow slumber, Kyungsoo feels a familiar touch on his cheek. The callous on the fingertips graze gently across his skin, as if afraid to wake him, and they linger by his jaw for a moment before moving on to trace his lips. The touch is meticulous and thoughtful, almost uncharacteristic of the man who always appears rather brash and obtuse, but Kyungsoo knows otherwise: Chanyeol is far more than what he shows to the world.

Slowly, Kyungsoo opens his eyes and looks up at the sleepy man gazing down at him with fatigue written all over his face. In the soft darkness, Chanyeol’s towering figure blocks the entrance to his lounge pod, hiding him away from the rest of the first-class cabin and lurking prying eyes.

“What is it,” Kyungsoo whispers, silently condoning the touch on his slightly chapped lips. Chanyeol blinks lazily before tracing his fingers upward again, over fleshy cheek and up to the pair of wide eyes regarding him with curiosity and concern. A faint and silly smile stretches across the taller man’s sleepy face and he bends down, closing the distance between their faces until he can hear Kyungsoo’s breathing over the quiet rumbling of the plane’s engine.

“I can’t sleep,” Chanyeol mumbles pitifully, “I’m tired, but I feel uneasy.”

His hot breaths cascade onto the shorter man’s blushing face, and the latter simply nods. Usually, Kyungsoo would avoid any possibility of being seen in such intimate position with the lanky man, despite the normality of it behind closed doors, but he can sense that Chanyeol needs the comfort of their shared affection right now. Reaching a hand up, he cups the taller man’s face and rubs his thumb tenderly across the other’s boney cheek. Chanyeol hums to the loving caress and instinctively nuzzles into the touch. His shoulder visibly relaxes and his eyes also soften as his long lashes flutter up and down in slow motion. Quietly, the sleepy giant mumbles again, as if sleep talking in a dream.

“Soo… do you have to go off right away when we get back to Seoul? …I know you’re busy, but can’t you stay in the dorm for longer than an hour this time? ...I know you’re busy… I know, but,“

“I have time today,” Kyungsoo interrupts Chanyeol’s muttering, and he relishes in the happy smile blooming on the taller man’s tired face, “ I’ll stay with you. For my birthday, I’ll stay as well. I promise.”

Chanyeol giggles quietly and hums again in contentment. Letting his warmth stay with the other man a moment longer, Kyungsoo withdraws his hand and ushers the sleepy giant back to his seat. As he watches the gangly man stumble back to his pod before curling up uncomfortably in the lounge seat, lanky limbs tucking awkwardly towards his curved body, Kyungsoo balls his fist loosely and tries to preserve the lingering presence of the other man in his palm.

Silently, until his eyes are dry and tearing and until his own tiredness overtakes him, Kyungsoo watches Chanyeol’s sleeping from across the dimly lit cabin. When sleep finally finds him again, the corner of his full lips curved into a small smile, as he drifts off dreaming of cozy times to come. He may not show it or say much, but Kyungsoo too has been looking forward to spending some quality and alone time with Chanyeol. Just like his love, Kyungsoo is far more than what he shows to the world.

FIN. 

 


A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYUNGSOO, MY HANDSOME, TALENTED AND ADORABLE SQUISHY!! This is not what I originally planned for his birthday but I've been so busy lately that I didn't finish the birthday story... LOL. I'll finish it by the end of this week (hopefully) and post that later. For now, make do with this and let's celebrate the existence of the human wonder, Doh Kyungsoo! <3