Just Come Home (Actor Gong Yoo) Part 1

Kpop Imagines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                                                            

 

 

 

 

That moment he touched my hand for the last time. He lent down and kissed my lips softly. Tears were in my eyes. We spent what felt like eternity just holding each other, with our lips pressed firmly to one another. 

 

"Don't leave... please." My voice cracked as I began to cry. He cups my face in his large hands.

 

" I have to... it's not a choice. My parents- they... I'm sorry _____" 

 

 I shake my head. "I know... it's just... why? You're happy here... aren't you?" He wraps me in his arms and kisses my forehead.

 

"Of course I'm happy, I have you... I need to go back, my mother can't handle the company by herself and my sisters aren't able to fully commit, they have families now... I know I'll be in a different country, but I'll come get you once everything is settled.  Wait for me." 

 

"Please just don't forget about me." 

 

"Never, I promise. I love you _____" 

_____________________________________

 

~18 years later~

 

"Mom! Where's my jacket!?" 

 

I run down the stairs and hand Reid his jacket. "Here. Don't forget next time. What time will you be home?"

 

He shrugs "Whenever Neil is done."

 

"So that will be?"

 

"I don't know mom...6?" He puts on his jacket and heads for the door.

 

"Okay, remember that our flight is tomorrow!"

 

" I will, I'm already packed."

I watch as my son rushes out the door. He's grown up so much.

 I sit down at the kitchen table. I hope this goes well. I have never been this afraid in my life. My boy is finally off to university. He decided on Korea University. It was such a shock to me. He's going to be so far away from and I can't stand to think about it. 

 

I can feel the tears coming to my eyes "oh shoot*sniff* I can't be like this." I get up and make sure I have everything I need. Walking up the stairs, I sit quietly in Reid's room. I take in the surroundings and remember what it was... a beautiful sitting room... the memories kill me as they flood my mind. I see us in front of the window, dancing while listening to violin music and that dreadful man sweeping me off my feet. I can feel rage and sadness come over me. My eyes go blurry with tears, why is he so cruel.

 

_____________________________________

 

"Mom we're here!" Reid taps my shoulder. I drop my book in surprise. "Oh sorry! I'm just so excited! " 

We leave the plane and head inside the airport. Grabbing our baggage, we head towards the exit, but suddenly there is loud yelling from behind us. I look and see a tall man with shaggy hair. His face was chiseled and his body looked strong, he was so handsome I just couldn't look away. There was a large group of people following him, screaming at him and taking pictures. Was he famous?

 

"Mom we better go before the crowd." 

"Ah? Um yes sorry...we should uhh go." I look back once more and to my amazement this man has stopped and wait is he staring at me? Pffff no way. I turn back and continue walking out the doors.

_____________________________________

 

" oh goodness I remember this!" I say walking towards a small hotel. 

" I stayed here the first time I came to Korea." We go inside and check in.

"Did you travel a lot mom?" 

"Well I was a freelance photographer. So I really went wherever the wind took me... I was a free spirit at one time you know." I laugh as I open the door to our room.

"Was that how you met my father?" I drop my bags on my bed and sigh. "Mom please, I want to know... I've lived without him all my life and I've only seen him in pictures-" he pulls out a photo book from his backpack.

 

"Pictures?! Where did you find this?!" I grab it from him quickly.

 

"I'm sorry but I need to know!"

 

"Is this why you wanted to come to school here? To find your father?!"

 

"It's not the only reason-"

 

"I can't believe this is happening right now..." I sit down on the bed, I begin to flip through the photo album. "I guess it's time I actually tell you the full story..." Reid sits down beside me. 

" I met your father when I was about 18 or 19. He was 23 with a career in architecture but he really wanted to be a travel writer. Oh Reid he was gorgeous, he was so tall and strong, kind and loving. I fell in love with him almost instantly. His smile, his eyes, his laugh, all of him was something new to me and I couldn't keep away. He was a drug I couldn't stop taking." I look at his face in the photos and remember how good it was. "

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

 

 

I met him at a little café a few blocks away from here. I'd go there every day and take pictures of the surroundings and people, he walked up to me one day and tapped my shoulder. Asking if he could take my photo. See? I looked terrible that day but he insisted. The next day he sat at my table and we began to chat... we went on so many adventures... here I think that's enough for right now, I'm feeling a little tired." 

 

 

 

 

 

             

_____________________________________

(Reid's POV)

 

I leave my mother to rest and begin to walk towards the café. I know I shouldn't have pushed her so hard today, but I need to know my father. Maybe he's still around this area.

I get to the café, it's absolutely beautiful. Wow. I walk inside and it's surprisingly not very busy. It's very rustic and simple, lots of plant life. I walk up to the counter and a man greets me. I order and sit. I look through my mothers album trying to picture them. If he was so loving, why did he leave? 

 

 

                                          

_____________________________________

I drink my coffee and begin to clean off my table. I look around and see the same man from the airport. I can see that he's a bit older then I thought. He takes off his sunglasses and puts his fingers through his hair. He looks strangely familiar...

"Oh -" I end up dropping the photo album on the floor in between our tables and he looks over and gets up. 

"Here let me help you." He bends down and picks up the album.

"O-Oh thank you sir." He hands me the book and smiles. 

"Be careful next time." He chuckles, I bow and thank him again. I give my dishes back to the worker and being on my way out the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter