Secrets & Lies (Hyuk of Vixx) Part 1

Kpop Imagines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"____ just ask him, he's a nerd anyways so he wouldn't say no." 
"Sanghyuk? No way! He's a nice guy but-"
"You need a date! Go ask!" I look at my friend and she pushes towards him. He looks up from his books and pushes his classes back. He smiles. This is embarrassing.
"Um, hi Sanghyuk-"
"You can call me Hyuk if you want..." He puts his head down shyly. 
"I-I was wondering, if you'd like to come with me to the music conference?" His face lights up. "I know you're really into that kind of stuff and I really need help to get my credit for it." 
"So you want my help? To tutor you?"
"Yes, I would really appreciate it."
"Okay" he smiles.
"Oh by the way you're coming with me after school, I'm buying you a total new outfit and uh you need your hair done too. See ya later."
_________________________________

I meet Hyuk after school and actually notice our height difference for the first time. 
"You are really tall! Like taller than any other guy in our school!" 
"I guess I never really thought about it."
"I'll give you a secret about girls... We love tall guys, they have the advantage In the dating world, well for me anyways." I blush slightly. Was I complementing him? Or giving him advice? 

We get to the mall and we go to the hair salon "make his hair look y and full." His straight bangs need to go same with the mushroom cut. He needs to look better than everybody else, well except for me.
"Okay where next?" 
"Clothing of course!" I find him a nice suit and a casual, but classy outfit. When he tries them on, my breath gets caught in my throat, he looked completely different from being the school nerd... He was hot.

"So?" I snap out of my wondering thoughts and look back at Hyuk.
"Sorry?"
"How does it look?" His face was nervous and he was bitting his bottom lip.  I get up and think of something funny to do.
"You look great! No joke! You're a hottie!" We both laugh. "Hey, get in my snapchat, smile." I take a snap of us and put the caption as "my y male model". Hyuk laughs.
"Will people know it's me?"
"I don't know, if they're smart they would. C'mon let's get to glasses now!" I pull him along to find either new glasses or contacts.
"These are really in right now, they are considered hipster glasses, but I see you already have them sir." The lady at the counter was smiling at Hyuk and was flirting with him! I put my arm in his.
"Yes honey I like these ones." I say smiling at Hyuk, I turn to the lady "thank you ma'am." I flip my hair out of force of habit and it almost hits her. 
"_____, what are you doing?" Hyuk asks me looking down at our arms. 
"Oh um..." I remove my arm from his and laugh. "She was flirting with you and I got jealous..." I laugh awkwardly. He smiles shyly. 
"So you pretended to be my girlfriend? That's-"
"Sorry I was being stupid, let's got get food, I'm hungry." 

After a rather awkward but hilarious supper, we head on our way back home. Hyuk was actually a really nice guy. He was funny and smart, but also tall and handsome. His eyes, oh his eyes, were so wide and such a chocolate brown, I can't stop staring at him.
"Um _____? We're home." 
"Oh! Sorry, I was just...don't you find it funny?"
"Find what funny?"
I look down at the ground and fiddle with my thumbs "just that we live in the same neighborhood, but have never walked together to school."
"I get a drive to school by my dad..." He shuffles on his feet " the bullying got so bad t-that I couldn't even walk to school, I have no friends to walk with either..." I grab his hand, he gives me a shocked expression.
"I'm sorry Hyuk, I'm so sorry! But you do have a friend, and she'll walk everyday with you." 
"You would do that? But what about-"
"They'll get used to it, you're my friend too." He embraces me and I can hear the quietest sob. 
"Thank you ____, thank you..." He whispers.
_________________________________

I walk outside and see Hyuk patiently waiting, leaning on the cement ledge outside my home. 
"Hey!" I say maybe a little too excited. He smiles and waves at me. 

"Hey _____!" Hyuk and I both turn to see my friend group walking towards us. I look back at Hyuk who is visibly scared. I grab his hand and squeeze it.
"Don't worry, I'm here with you." He smiles nervously.
"I just hope they don't make fun of you now..."

"Hey____, we were- um why are you here?" My friend Joon asks Hyuk with a hint of disgust in his voice. "And why are you holding her hand?"
"Oh I-I-"
"He's my boyfriend, yeah I know surprising but he's literally the hottest man. Geek is the new chic." The look on their faces are priceless.  I look at Hyuk who still looks terrified and then back at Joon. "Let's go Hyukie." I pull Hyuk but Joon stops us.
"How do we know you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter