Tears of an angel

Angel Of Darkness

"JAEJOONG!" Dara cried out again as she watch the angel she loved fall down to the earth. She ran, ran to tried to get to him before he fell. Sung Min, Chanyeol, Ji-a and Hye-Sun ran after her, hoping to get to Jaejoong. Jaejoong watched the sky get further away as his body fell. A light then came down to him as he was falling. An arm reached out to him.

"Take my hand Jaejoong!" The voice called. Jaejoong weakly reached for the hand in front of him. The being pulled Jaejoong up in to their arms and slowed down to land. Dara came running up to see the sight infront of her as the others were not far behind. Jaejoong looked into the face of the light to see Saint Raphael there smiling down at him. Jaejoong smiled up at the angel who had sent him down to earth.

"You did well my boy!" Saint Raphael stated as he held onto Jaejoong. Dara came to Jaejoong's side, not carring who it was who held him in his arms.

"Jaejoong! Oh my god, Jaejoong why?" She cried as she took in the site of his injured body. He was covered in blood, with open cuts, gashes and a deep whole that Min Woo's blade had pierced through him. Dara cried as she could see she could do nothing to save him. The others stood near by but didnt dare approach. Chanyeol fell to his knees, seeing his dear friend and so to be brother in law lying in the arms of an angel with wounds so bad now mortal could survive. Raphael slowly lowered Jaejoong down to rest on the soft grass. Jaejoong looked up into Dara's face, seeing her tears as she cried over him. He smiled up at her, reached his hand to caress her face, drying her tears.

"Shhh... please dont cry." He uttered through weak breaths. She grabbed onto his hand on her cheek and held it tight to her face.

"How can I? Seeing you like this...and.." She continued to cry. Raphael looked up at Dara, seeing the tears she shed for the angel he held close to his own heart. She was in love with Jaejoong and not only that, she bore his child. He smiled at her. Jaejoong only looked at Dara, not wanting to forget her face.

"My wounds are nothing compared to the thought of loosing you. I would have fought a hundred times over if it was to protect you." He stated. Dara shook her head at him as she couldnt speak. She then turned around to see everyone behind her.

"Someone please? Please he need help." She cried. Hye-Sun came forward and knelt down to look at Jaejoong. As she looked down at him she gave a weak smile, finding she couldnt even bring herself to tell Dara she couldnt save him. She glanced over to Sung Min, and he could read the look on her face. Jaejoong would not survive. Chanyeol began to shed tears, his mother kneeling down and hugging him as he cried.

"Can you help him?" Dara asked Hye-Sun. As much Hye-Sun wanted to save him she couldnt. She looked at Dara and tears began to escape her eyes. Dara then began to cry more. She laid her head on Jaejoong's, their foreheads touching as she cried over him. Jaejoong only smiled as he was happy to have lived.

"Why? Why must you die only after we finally find each other?" She asked. Jaejoong couldnt answer for his own tears began to escape his eyes. Dara looked up at the angel with eyes pleding for his help.

"Please! Can you heal him? Can you save him?" She asked. He smiled at her, sad that he could not grant her wish.

"As much as I would like, his life had been lived. His injuries he has substained are those he gained as a mortal. Even if I was to heal him, he would still would not survive." He answered.

"But why? WHY??" Dara shouted as she cried out. Jaejoong took a deep breath, trying his hardest to keep from leaving yet.

"Cause I am mortal!" He answered. She looked into the beautiful brown eyes of the angelic face she had the pleasure to have known.

"I have been a mortal, living here on earth. Even if my wings and knowledge of everything still remained I was still mortal." Jaejoong shared as the pain was getting worse. She smiled weakly at him, wanting to hug him but afraid to hurt him.

"Mortal?" She asked as she ran her hand over the soft hair she known to be as black as night was now blonde, yellow as the sun that had long been gone for so long.

"I sent him to world to live a mortal life." Raphael spoke. Dara looked at Jaeoong lovingly as she tried to think about what they were telling her. She took a breath, trying to calm herself as she took Jaejoong's hand and placed it on her belly. Jaejoong felt the presence of a unborn child living inside her. He looked at her with wonder in his eyes.

"Your?" He asked. She nodded. He smiled, ignoring his pain as the news filled him with pure happiness.

"Then I am to be..?"

"A father, yes!" She told him as tears kept flowing from her eyes. With all his strength he sat up and leaned into Dara, his lips meeting hers as he kissed her. He gave her a long loving kiss of pure love and happiness. She had made him truely happy. As they kiss, tears flowed through their eyes as they knew this was the last. Sung Min held Hye-Sun as they both began to cry, seeing a friend they had only gained slowly die and his lover left to bear the burden of raising a child of theirs alone. Chanyeol looked up into the sky as he cried, questions weighting on his minde. Ji-a cried for her daugther as well as her son as she felt their pain. Dara and Jaejoong finally pulled away from each other and looked into each others eyes.

"I love you!" Jaejoong whispered. She smiled, tears still pouring out.

"I love you too!" She whispered through tears as Jaejoong slowly fell back. When he finally laid back down he closed his eyes and his last breath finally escaped him. Jaejoong's body had gone cold and Dara cried out loud as the angel, no, the man she had fallen madly in love with had passed on. She laid over his body and cried. She wailed over his body, her heart breaking as she said her final goodbye to the man she loved with her whole heart. Everyone began to cry as the angel who fought to save them all died. After several mintues passed, Dara's tears has slowly began to slow down. Chanyeol still was on his knees as he looked down at the ground, trying his damnest to stop his tears. Sung Min and Hye-Sun had finally sat down, leaning on one another as they rested, tears still soaked their cheeks. Ji-a prayed silently as she prayed for Jaejoong and thanked him for being sent to save us. Dara finally sat up, looking at her lover. He looked like he was at peace. It was as if he was asleep laying in the grass under the angel that still knelt next to him.

"You know, this isnt goodbye." Raphael shared with her. Dara looked up into Raphael's eyes, waiting for him to answer.

"As time goes on you will see him again. It will be along wait but when the time finally comes and you slowly fall into enternal slumber, at the gates of heaven, he will be waiting." Raphael whispered to her. Dara smiled, more tears escaping her eyes. She looked down at the man she loved for what little time they had with hope in her eyes.

"He will?" She asked as she ran her hand through his hair again as to remember it being dark and how it changed to blonde. Raphael nodded. She sniffed back her tears.

"And my child, what of my child?" She asked.

"Your child is mortal. Though your child may have some angelic abilities Jaejoong posessed but over time, with each generation those abilities with deminish." Raphael explained. She took in his words, finding that they would be useful as time went on. As one last act of kindness he erased his visible wounds so he looked as angelic as he did when he left heaven. Dara smiled, looking to him and thanking him with the look in her eyes. He nodded, knowing she was pleased. Soon, the linguring spirits came to Raphael. Mr. Lee, Mrs. Kwon, Lucy, Hwang Mae Hee, the boy and the all the spirits that lingured in the other graves. They all came to see the angel they had known in the time of darkness. Lucy cried as she clung to Mrs. Kwon, Lady Hwang tried to hide her tears so not to break down. Everyone looked upon Jaejoong's mortal body. Raphael smiled to them all.

"You no longer have to stay. You may cross over into heaven." Raphael told them. Mr. Lee looked up into the heavens seeing the stairs. Mrs. Kwon began to lead Lucy up the stairs followed by the military spirits. Lady Hwang hesitated for a moment but the Lieutenant held out his hand to her. She smiled and took his hand as they walked up the stairs together. Mr. Lee watched as many of the spirits leave by he turned and looked down at Jaejoong's resting body and too the woman who was carring his child. Seeing her tears he turned to Raphael.

"I think I will stay." He stated. The saint looked at him confused.

"I want to be here to the mother of Jaejoong's child when her time comes." He expressed. The saint smiled at him.

"A noble man you are. I will allow it." Mr. Lee smiled as he stepped away and watched everyone he knew go up the stairs to heaven. Dara smiled at Jaejoong's resting body as she took in all his features so she would never forget him. Raphael then stood up, pulling Jaejoong's soul out of his body and held it between his hands. Dara noticed the light that eminated from Jaejoong's body and began a glowing ball of light that the angel held. She watched as the saint released his soul, seeing it float to heaven as if flying with wings. The saint looked down at Dara and smiled then spread his wings and flew to heaven. The vision of the stairs and the gates way up into the sky to heaven began to fade and nothing but clear beautiful sunny skies was there in its place. Dara cried, wishing she had more time but accepted what she had. She looked back down at Jaejoong's body.

"We should bury him here." She stated. Everyone looked to her to see she still was next to Jaejoong's body. Chanyeol finally stood up, took a few steps to his sisters side and held out his hand to her. She took his hand and he helped her to her feet. He looked upon her face and saw the tears that stained her cheeks.

"If that is what you wish, we will bury him here." He stated. Chanyeol looked to Sung Min who was on his feet. The two of them left to the camp to get others to help them. Hye-Sun and Ji-a came to Dara's side, taking her hand and looking at the beauty that lay in the grass. The wing blew and moved his hair around.

"How about some flowers to lay next to him?" Hye-Sun asked. Dara looked up to the woman she had just met and nodded. She then left and began to gather flowers to lay with Jaejoong. Soon everyone came to help lay Jaejoong's body to rest. He was given a proper burial. Time had passed on. His grave was decorated with flowers and a tombstone which was an image of Jaejoong himself laying in the grass as he did when they put him to rest with words that were engraved.

"The Angel of Light!"

The people began to start over. Building and restoring their life to as close as normal as possible. Dara was now at the peak of her pregnancy and about to burst. The people began to look to her as a holy being. The mother of angels is what they began to call her. She grew concern that they would treat her and her child like this forever. She knew that she was not a holy person and that her child was not an angel but the people didnt see it that way. She came up with a plan so that her child could live a normal life. She called those she trusted together, and shared with them her plan.

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol asked as he heard her plan.

"I want you to take my chld and leave once he is born." Dara stated. Chanyeol shook his head.

"No! No! Why are you doing this?" He asked.

"If my child is here with me, everyone will look to my child as an angel and treat him like a holy being. My child, despite being the child of an angel is still a mortal being just like you and me. I dont want my child surrounded by the people like this. I want him to be a normal child." She expressed. Sung Min who was now the leader of the group who resided near Jaejoong's grave agreed with Dara's plan.

"Raising the child outside of this would be a much healthier life for him. Staying here would be a burden." Sung Min stated. Chanyeol shook his head.

"But how am I to feed a child? How am I to care him?" He asked.

"A new born can live off the milk of goats. I had already bought a few that you can take with you." Hye-Sun stated. Chanyeol still didnt agree but as he looked at his sister, he couldnt deny her. He sighed.

"I wish we had another choice." He uttered. Dara smiled.

Soon the day came, and her son was born. Everyone waited to hear from Hye-Sun to show the child to the world. As planned, after Dara gave birth, she held her child for the first time and looked into his face with tears in her eyes.

"My baby boy! Your so beautiful!" She cried as she took in his features, seeing how he looked much like his father. The child was asleep in her arms in no time as she rocked him. Chanyeol arrived and Hye-Sun nodded to him. Dara began to cry as she gave her only child to Hye-Sun. She watched as her baby was wrapped in a cloth and handed to his uncle. Chanyeol looked down into his nephew's face and a tear fell.

"What's his name?" He asked. Dara smiled as she looked at her brother she knew she would not see or her son for many, many years.

"Hyunjoong! Kim Hyunjoong!" She uttered. She wanted her son to have Jaejoong's name but still not be obvious. So Hyunjoong was what she chose. Chanyeol smiled at the child in his arms as he looked upon the face he was very familiar with. He placed his nephew in a basket and covered him so not to be seen as nothing but a basket of cloth. Without wasting time he quickly left, taking his nephew away and leaving the village. Dara cried as she said her goodbye to her son and brother. Hye-Sun then knew she would have to tell the world that the child floated to heaven. So as Chanyeol left to raise the baby, the world would forget about the child as time went on. Chanyeol took a carriage with the Doc and his family as they left the village to move and build a different life. As Chanyeol looked back, he cried as he left everyone he knew behind to raise his nephew as his own.