Chapter Thirty-Nine

You're My Destiny

2 month later...

Mark went out from his car and smiled as he saw Danny was running towards him.

“Mark uncle!” Danny giggled when Mark brought him in his arm. Mark then kissed both of his cheeks.

“Uncle, where did you go? I miss you. You didn’t even say goodbye to me.” Danny pouted, making Mark smiled wider.

“I miss you too.” Mark nuzzled his nose to Danny’s, making the kid giggled cutely.

“Mark...” Mark heard Jinyoung’s voice called out his name. He admitted that he misses Jinyoung’s voice. He then looked at Jinyoung’s face.

“When did you come back?” Jinyoung asked him. It would be a lie if Jinyoung said he didn’t miss Mark.

“3 days ago. It’s been a long time I met you two. It felt like Danny is growing taller.” Mark said as he pinched Danny’s cheek softly.

“Who ask you to stay out there too long? Danny misses you.” Jinyoung told him, making Mark turned his head at him again.

‘To mend my broken heart...’ He thought.

“Is it only Danny? I thought his umma misses me too.” Mark . Hearing that, Jinyoung’s cheek turned hot.

“What are you talking about? I’m not missing you.” Jinyoung lied and looked away from him. But Mark knew he was lying.

“Uncle, umma is lying. He misses you.” Danny said out of a sudden, making Jinyoung’s cheeks turned redder. Mark then chuckled as he heard that.

“Really? How much your umma misses uncle?” Mark asked the little one.

“This much!” Danny exclaimed happily as he extended both of his arms.

“Yah, Danny!” Jinyoung pouted, the blush on his cheeks is still visible. He felt slightly betrayed by his own son. Since when did Danny is on Mark’s side? Mark then let out a laugh.

“Aigoo~ both of you is so cute.” Mark chuckled. He then suddenly remembered something.

“I met Jackson yesterday. He told me a lot about you and Danny.” Mark told Jinyoung as he put Danny down, making Jinyoung smiled a little.

“He’s nice, right?” Jinyoung said slowly.

“Yeah. He’s really nice.” Mark agreed with him. Their conversation yesterday suddenly lingered in his mind.

FLASHBACK

“I know you’re still angry with me.” Jackson said as he leaned his back against the car.

“You shouldn’t go to L.A.” Jackson stated again when he didn’t get any respond from Mark. Hearing that, Mark heaved a sigh.

“No. I’m not angry with you. It’s clear that you had won. I couldn’t do anything about that.” Mark finally replied him. After he spent two months in L.A, he somehow could mend his broken heart. But his love towards Jinyoung never faded away. He only learned to face a reality, not forgetting his love.

“Do you really love Jinyoung?” Jackson suddenly asked him that question.

“Yes. I only realized it after what my mom told me. I’m so stupid, right? I’m not even aware of my own feeling. No wonder Jinyoung chose you over me.” Mark smiled bitterly.

“But don’t misunderstand. Now, I hope that you’ll be happy with Jinyoung. I hope you can be a good dad for Danny too. Did I ever thank you for loving Danny all this time?” Mark asked him. Jackson just shook his head.

“So, thank you for loving my son as your own son. Without you, I doubt that Danny will this happy. I had made so many mistakes in my life. I’m not going to be a good dad for him. But I’m sure you can. You’re my best friend anyway.” Mark punched his shoulder slightly as he said that. It was their habit when they hang out together back then. Mark somehow wants his best friend back.

END OF FLASHBACK

“Mark.” Jinyoung tapped his shoulder, making Mark snapped into a reality.

“What are you thinking about?” Jinyoung asked him.

“It’s nothing. Where’s Danny?” Mark asked him back as his eyes wondered around.

“There he is, playing with the remote car control.” Jinyoung pointed his finger to Danny. Mark then smiled as the car bumped onto the wall.

“It was given by Jackson, right? If I give something to Danny, you always rejected it.” Mark stated as he looked at Jinyoung’s face. Jinyoung’s face changed when he heard that.

“Jackson said it maybe his last gift for Danny.” Jinyoung replied him, making Mark remembered something.

FLASHBACK

“Well, thanks for believing me. But I can’t fulfil your wish.” Jackson punched him back.

“Why? Don’t you want to be Danny’s dad?” Mark frowned. Jackson then shook his head slowly.

“I’m going to U.K tomorrow.”

“When will you come back?” Mark asked him.

“When the time comes...” Jackson answered him.

“And when will it be?”

“When I’m ready.” Jackson simply said, making Mark confused.

“I don’t understand. You’ll come back when your wedding with Jinyoung occur?” Mark asked in confusion. But Jackson just shook his head.

“I’m not marrying Jinyoung.”

“Why? Didn’t you propose him already?” Mark asked him again. He seems shocked at Jackson’s statement.

“I’m not proposing him that time. I’m just giving him the ring that he returned to me back then. My mom asked Jinyoung to keep that ring.” Jackson explained to him, making Mark widened his eyes in disbelief.

“Why don’t you propose him?”

“Loving didn’t mean we own them, Mark. I understand that phrase now. I love Jinyoung and Danny, but it didn’t mean that I have to own them. I still can love them from far.” Jackson looked away from Mark.

“Why did you have to do that?” Mark asked him again, confused at Jackson’s action.

“For you and Jinyoung. I know Jinyoung actually in love with you, not me. I did this for Danny too. He needs his biological parents in his life. Do you know what did my mom say?” Jackson asked Mark. Mark just shook his head.

“My mom said, I do love Danny. But what if Jinyoung and I have my own son, will I still love Danny unchangingly? Or will I love my biological son more than Danny? Honestly, I can’t answer that question. Because I’m not sure about it.”

“But that doesn’t mean that you’ll change. We don’t know the future.” Mark told him, but Jackson quickly shook his head.

“I just want the best for Jinyoung and Danny. Just now you said that you’re sure that I can be a good dad for Danny, right? Me too. I’m very sure that you’ll be a perfect dad for Danny. You have changed, Mark. You’re not Mark that I knew back then who was hot-tempered, selfish, playboy and arrogant that used to be my best friend. You’re far more better than before.” Jackson smiled at Mark. Hearing that, Mark turned silent.

“I know you can do this, Mark. I trust you.”

END OF FLASHBACK

“Why didn’t you tell me the truth?” Mark asked Jinyoung.

“You made your own conclusion.” Jinyoung simply answered him.

“Then, why didn’t you correct it for me?” Mark asked him again, making Jinyoung turned silent for a while.

“For what?” Jinyoung asked him back. Mark then heaved a sigh.

“I’m sorry for all the things that I’ve done to you.” Mark said as he grabbed both of Jinyoung’s hand.

“I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t say those things to you.” Jinyoung smiled at Mark, making Mark smiled too.

“Do you want to follow me to send Jackson?” Mark suggested.

“Can I? Let’s bring Danny together.” Jinyoung agreed with it.

_______________________________________________________

“Hyung, I’m sorry.” Bambam said as tears streaming in his eyes.

“I’m not mad with you, Bam.” Jackson reassured his beloved cousin.

“If you’re not, why do you want to go away from here? Why don’t you marry Jinyoung-hyung? I promise I’ll not do something like that again.” Bambam’s tears had fell on his cheeks. Hearing that, Jackson let out a sigh and wiped away his tears.

“Sometimes, we have to sacrifice in love, Bambam. You’ll understand it one day.” Jackson told him.

“Hyung! I’m big already. You told me like I’m a 10 years old kid.” Bambam pouted, making Jackson pinched his cheeks softly.

“If it’s like that, you must understand why I did this.” Jackson smiled at him.

“Hyung, Jinyoung-hyung and Mark-hyung.” Bambam said as he pointed at somewhere. Jackson then turned around and a smile plastered on his face.

“Jackson, I hope you’ll come back soon.” Jinyoung said as he approached them. He was confused that Jackson acts like he will never come back here again.

“I will. When the time comes.” Jackson told him like he told Mark. Jackson stared at Jinyoung for a while.

“And when the time comes, you will tell me right?” Jinyoung asked him. Jackson then slowly nodded his head. He then turned his head to Mark who’s bringing Danny in his arms.

“Thank you.” Mark said before Jackson opened his mouth to talk. Jackson stunned for a while before nodding his head.

“Danny, go to Jackson appa.” Mark told the little one and put him down. Danny then went to his favourite uncle which Jackson gladly brought him in his arms.

“Don’t be naughty when I’m not here, okay?” Jackson kissed his cheek. Danny then tilted his head in confusion.

“Where are you going to?” Danny asked him innocently.

“Far away from here.” Jackson answered shortly.

“When will you come back?” Danny asked him again.

“When Danny is getting handsome, taller, I will come back here.” Jackson said and poked his ribs, making the kid let out a laugh. Mark just stared at them. Jackson then give Danny to Jinyoung’s embrace and whispered something to Jinyoung’s ear. Jinyoung smiled and whispered back to Jackson, making Mark confused.

“Hyung, what are you whispering? I want to hear it too!” Bambam whined and Jackson pinched his cheek.

“Yah, it’s hurts. Jinyoung-hyung, auntie asked you to come home after this.” Bambam told Jinyoung.

“Why didn’t she come too?” Jinyoung asked him as he looked at Jackson.

“She is unwell. She’s sad that Jackson-hyung is leaving.” Bambam whispered to Jinyoung. Jinyoung then nodded his head unknowingly. Mrs. Wang must be so sad.

“I have to go now. Goodbye everyone.” Jackson said and kissed Danny’s cheek for the last time. When he approached Mark, he whispered something to him.

“Don’t waste them.” Jackson said softly, making Mark nodded his head. After that, Jackson walked inside with them staring at him until he disappeared.

“Hyung, I’m going first.” Bambam said and went out from the place. Mark then drove them to a beach. Danny squealed in delight as they reached at the place. Looks like he really loves the beach.

“What did Jackson whisper to you just now?” Mark suddenly asked Jinyoung who was sitting on the bench beside him.

“Do you really want to know?” Jinyoung asked him back with a smile plastered on his face. Mark stunned for a while before nodding his head. Jinyoung then whispered something to Danny’s ear. After that, Danny extended his arms in front of Mark.

“Appa, carry me.” Danny said, making Mark widened his eyes in disbelief. Did his ears playing trick with him?

“Appa, carry me.” Danny repeated as he grinned at Mark. Mark then snapped into a reality and gladly brought Danny in his arms.

“Yes, Danny. I’m your appa.” Mark showered Danny’s face with kisses, making the kid giggled cutely. Jinyoung bit his lips as he saw the scene. Mark looked so happy when Danny called him appa. Jinyoung then got up on his feet as he wanted to walk away but Mark was quick to grab his wrist and turned him around.

“When did you tell him?” Mark asked him as the smile never left his lips.

“A day after you went to L.A.” Jinyoung smiled back at him.

“Eh, then why didn’t he call me appa back then?” Mark asked in confusion.

“Because he promised me that he will call you appa when I ask him to.” Jinyoung answered him. Mark smiled again at him and kissed Jinyoung on the cheek, making Jinyoung blushed at the contact.

“Appa, do you love umma?” Danny who was inside Mark’s arms suddenly asked him. Mark turned his head to his son before planting a kiss on his cheek too.

“Of course I do, Danny.” Mark answered.

“Then, appa should kiss umma on the lips. Because umma loves appa too!” Danny said happily, making Jinyoung’s jaws dropped but Mark just laughed at it.

“Should I?” Mark teased Jinyoung and Danny quickly nodded his head. A blush started to creep at Jinyoung’s cheeks.

“Yah, Danny! You know about kisses?” Jinyoung asked his son in disbelief.

“I watch it on TV! Appa, what are you waiting for?” Danny shook Mark’s shoulder slightly. Mark stared at Jinyoung, making the latter looked away in embarrassment. He then pulled Jinyoung closer to him and gave Jinyoung a peck on the lips. Seeing that, Mark who’s still in Mark’s arms squealed happily. Jinyoung pinched Danny’s cheek as a blush formed again on his cheeks. Mark just smiled at both of them.

A/N : First of all, I apologize for my wonderful and lovely readers for not updating this story :( My so called brother kidnapped my innocent laptop for his school project. Gah, he's so annoying~ >.< He even opened my MarkJin's folder!! Erghh... Okay, back to the story, I made it longer than usual. And Danny is a MarkJin shipper in this story. kekeke~ I hope you enjoy reading this chapter. ^o^

Btw, did you guys have a twitter account? Let's be friend!! Mine is @MarkJinV :) Well, I'm in making a new friends. lol xD

Happy reading~