Chapter Twenty-Four

You're My Destiny

After the party end...

“Danny, are you sleepy?” Jinyoung asked Danny who leaned his back on the sofa. Danny just nodded his head. Jinyoung then took a seat beside him.

“Let’s go to sleep, okay?” Jinyoung asked as he wanted to bring Danny to his room, but Danny just stays still.

“What’s wrong, Danny? Don’t want to sleep?” Jinyoung asked him again. Danny just shook his head. Jinyoung then continued to clean the mess at the living room. After a while, he glanced at his watch. It’s already late. Jinyoung then went to Danny again.

“Umma send Danny to the room, okay?” Jinyoung tried again, but Danny just shook his head. Jinyoung then frowned looking at his action.

“What’s wrong? Don’t you feel sleepy?” Jinyoung asked him again as he caressed his cheeks.

“Umma, what is a bastard?” Danny suddenly asked him, making Jinyoung froze for a while.

“Why are you asking me that?” Jinyoung asked him back nervously. Danny turned silent and pouted.

“My friends told me their mom’s didn’t let them to befriend me because I’m a bastard. Umma, what is a bastard?” Danny asked him again. Jinyoung then turned silent. There are many people knew Danny’s status but they didn’t know the truth.

“Umma, umma.” Danny said as he shook his arm slightly but Jinyoung didn’t give him any respond.

“Danny!” Jackson appeared from the back. He then approached Danny and brought him in his arms. Jinyoung was a bit shocked at his presence. He thought he went home already. Jinyoung just stared at Jackson who brought Danny to his room. Jinyoung then lose into his own thought.

“Jinyoung-ah...” Jackson called him softly but Jinyoung just ignored him. Jackson then put a small box in his palm. Jinyoung opened the box slowly.

“Are you playing with me?” Jinyoung asked him as he saw a pretty ring inside the small box. Jackson turned silent before he took a seat beside him.

“I’m proposing you; I’m not playing with you.” Jackson said slowly. Jinyoung then lowered his head.

“You heard Danny, right? Aren’t you ashamed to propose me?” Jinyoung asked him as tears dropped on his cheeks. Jackson then wiped away the tears before giving him a smile.

“I know the truth. All this time, I love you with all my heart.” Jackson told him, but Jinyoung shook his head. He then put the box on Jackson’s hand.

“I don’t deserve you. You deserve someone better than me. Stop pitying me.” Jinyoung said as he looked away.

“I do not pity you.” Jackson told him truthfully.

“How about Bambam?” Jinyoung asked him out of a sudden, making Jackson smiled a bit.

“He’s my cousin.”  Jackson answered shortly. Jinyoung then looked straight into Jackson’s eyes.

“You don’t understand! He likes you!” Jinyoung snapped a little.

“I know... But I just assumed him as my little brother.” Jackson said as he got up on his feet.

“Keep that ring. I’ll wait for your answer.” Jackson placed the box on Jinyoung’s lap before leaving the house. Jinyoung’s tears fell again as he suddenly thought of Danny’s real father, Mark.

_______________________________________________________________

4 days later...

“Jinyoung-hyung.” A voice stopped Jinyoung’s steps. Jinyoung then turned around and he saw Bambam was walking to him.

“What is it, Bambam?” Jinyoung asked him, making Bambam smiled a bit.

“I just want to have a lunch together with you.” Bambam said.

“No problem but why so sudden?” Jinyoung asked him again before he remembered something.

“Oh... Jackson is not here, right?” Jinyoung guessed, making Bambam smiled. Jinyoung turned silent for a while as he remembered Jackson’s proposal. Jackson went to another town 2 days ago for his works. Jinyoung still didn’t give him an answer.

“Where do you want to eat?” Jinyoung asked Bambam.

“I don’t know. It was Jackson-hyung who always brought me lunch.” Bambam answered him. Jinyoung then nodded his head.

“Let’s go.” Jinyoung said and the two of them went out from the office.

____________________________________________________________

 

“Hyung, can I ask you something?” Bambam asked after they finished eating.

“What is it?” Jinyoung asked him back and sipped his drink slowly.

“Do you have something with Jackson-hyung?” Bambam’s question made Jinyoung almost choked on his drink.

“Why are you asking me that?” Jinyoung asked him back, making Bambam pouted.

“Just answer it, hyung. I’ve already asked Jackson-hyung.” Bambam said.

“What is his answer?” Jinyoung asked, making Bambam’s face changed a little.

“He said you have a special place in his heart.” Bambam said slowly. Jinyoung suddenly remembered Jackson’s proposal. He felt guilty with Bambam.

“Jackson-hyung never said like that to me. I was shocked.” Bambam let out his feeling.

“Bambam, I-“

“Don’t say anything, hyung. I’ve really like Jackson-hyung since we’re still a kid. He always followed my requests. It’s not possible for me to just let him go. So, from now on, I’ll never give up making him falls for me. I hope you understand.” Bambam told him before leaving him at the cafe.

Jinyoung took a deep breath. Bambam’s love for Jackson must be deep.

____________________________________________________

Mark’s mind is a mess while driving his car. He can’t think right after meeting Danny a week ago. He suddenly remembered his parents’ conversation yesterday.

FLASHBACK

“So, what are you going to do?” Mrs. Tuan asked Mark who just got back from his work.

“I don’t know.” Mark answered him shortly as he plopped his tired body on the sofa. Those words made Mrs. Tuan sighed a bit.

“I want my grandson, Mark.” Mrs. Tuan said hopefully. Mark then ruffled his hair slightly.

“So, what mama wants me to do?” Mark asked lazily. His problems had become more serious.

“Marry Jinyoung.” Mrs. Tuan told him.

“Impossible.” Mark answered her, making Mrs. Tuan widened his eyes.

“Why not?! You’ve ruined his life! So, you have to marry him. Be responsible for what had you done to Jinyoung and Danny!” Mrs. Tuan said, getting mad. Mark then bit his lips.

“Jinyoung already have Jackson.” Mark answered his mom. When he remembered Jackson, he felt weak. He knew Jackson already know the truth. Maybe because of that, their friendship was almost broken. Mark loves his friendship with Jackson. But it was ruined because of his own act.

It’s not that Mark didn’t want to be responsible but he doesn’t want Jackson to get hurts. He knew how much Jackson love Jinyoung.

PIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!

The loud noise made Mark snapped into a reality. His eyes immediately roamed outside the car. He almost reached to Jinyoung’s house.

“What am I doing here?” Mark muttered under his breath. He then parked his car beside the road and ruffled his hair slightly. He opened his car’s window.

“Danny, just stay here, okay? I need to go to Jaebum uncle’s house.” Mark suddenly heard Jinyoung’s voice and quickly searched for him. His eyes spotted Jinyoung who led Danny’s hand to the playground in front of their house. Without himself realizing, he drove his car towards them.

“Don’t talk with people that you don’t know. And don’t play at the road, Danny.” Jinyoung reminded, making Danny nodded his head. After that, Danny ran to the swing.

Jinyoung smiled a bit. He’s worried to leave Danny alone at the playground but he had promised to visit Jaebum’s umma who’s sick. Danny insisted to play in the playground, no matter how hard Jinyoung persuade him to go to Jaebum’s house first. Then, Jinyoung slowly left Danny at the playground.

Mark just watched the scene in silent. After a few thought, Mark finally went out from his car and walked to Danny.

“Danny.” Mark called his name, making Danny looked at his direction. Danny’s lips formed into a big smile as he saw Mark.

“Uncle! I miss you!” Danny exclaimed happily while jumping off from the swing. He ran to Mark and gave him a hug. Mark then brought Danny in his arms and kissed both of his cheeks as he misses the kid so much, making Danny giggled cutely. Mark just smiled at his action.

Enjoy reading~ ^o^